cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

77 REPLIES 77

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

debar
I've Been Around

I'm getting:

We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and it cannot be updated at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

ughh... so frustrating.

netpc
I've Been Here Awhile

Clicking on "Overview" takes me back to the main splash page.  Tried on Firefox, Safari, IE and Chrome and still no luck. 

wongnog
I Plan to Stick Around
Guys it looks like you can't reserve through myrogers as its still down for maintenance. Instead you should see a picture of an iPhone 5 with a button marked Reserve - click that and voila!

I was able to pre-order a 32gb white at 6:03am EST and I'm #152.

Harv007
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there just one big reservation system or are there 6 separate ones (16 black, 32 black, 64 black, 16 white etc.)? I.e. could you be #1 for a 16gb white and #1 for a 64 black...

utopye
I Plan to Stick Around

A weird thing happened. I first reserved the Iphone black and got number 1575 (!!). Decided to cancel because I prefer the white one. Cancelled and got number 852 in line! No idea why and how it happened but I'm sure glad it did.

Jimmy2x2x
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered at like 5:50AM on the Roger's website (32GB White) and got number 71. I had completely forgot about the pre-order but i always get up at 4:30AM anyway. So i was on Twitter and something helped me jog my memory but the site wasn't taking pre-orders at that time. By 5:45AM or around there, Rogers started taking pre-orders. 

AccordTR
I'm a Regular
It's not one big reservation system. Like last year it's model specific. Each color and gb size has its own system of numbers.

utopye
I Plan to Stick Around

A quick (probably ignorant) question: how is requesting an upgrade different from a reservation? I was eligible for an upgrade to the 4S with a $104 early fee so I assume it would be the same for the 5. I cannot check whether it's true or not since they are having technical difficulties. 

I made a reservation instead but was it really a smart move?

madnug
I've Been Around

Hey Meowmix - Thank you for always answering the questions here!

Now I have a question: Do we need to be on a data plan in order to be eligible to get the low $299 price for a 32GB?  I have 2 lines, one is my personal that is on a minimum plan with call forwarding, and one is my business that has data and everything else.  Since I cannot get the business reservation site to work, I ended up going to my personal line account and reserved a phone under that account.  And since My Rogers is still down, I cannot check any upgrade info at all. 

Now after 3 full hours, I finally get through to the business customer service and they placed another order for me under my business line.  However, it is very weird that it says on the business site that it will be SHIPPED to me instead of a store pick up, and also there is no que # at all on the record.  But since I am 3 hours behind, I am sure my personal reservation shall fullfill before I will get my business one.

That said, if I pick up my personal reservation at the store, would I be able to actually buy it under my business account?  Or it has to be activated under my personal account?  

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

modi_lucky
I'm a Regular

It sucks... I have been in wait list on Firefox since this morning... I logged in using my 3GS and I got in right away.. but when selecting the store... my safari on 3GS crashed 😞

Firefox still says loading and says "waitlist" on top...

modi_lucky
I'm a Regular

I was able to open it on IE but it just wont load the map for store selection! lol

Just my luck I guess

**edited for content**

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm 301 for 16gb white iPhone 5 and picking it up downtown toronto. Hopefully I can pick it up on launch weekend. If I don't get confirmation email of shipped by the 20th, I'm planning on waiting in line at apple store in the morning to pick it up in person. 

modi_lucky
I'm a Regular

I keep getting error: "Sorry we cannot process..."

anyone else having issues or is it just me?

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
I was on the fence about reserving, but decided to give it a shot around 7:15. I'm number 539 for a 64 black. I figured this was really high, but feel pretty good after reading some of the numbers.

keith583
I Plan to Stick Around
Sign in. It'll say My Rogers under maintenance bottom center of the web page. Ignore it. Click the reserve button above it next to the iPhone 5 image. That will take you to the wait list page.

lannoc
I'm a Senior Enthusiast
It is still taking a while to load, but eventually does.

matfigs
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast
@rb391045 don't worry that's not a stupid question! LTE better known as Long Term Evolution, is a much faster data connection, with previous generations they're only receiving 3G connection which isn't slow but also isn't cray fast. LTE is the fastest connection speed out there allowing pages and downloads to be faster than wifi at times.
Also wanted to add, I'm #45 White 16gb 🙂 hopefully we get it launch day! that number is nation wide, so it's a really high probability!

PF7
I've Been Here Awhile

Btw, well done Meowmix. You've done a fine job of covering this frantic event. Smiley Happy

yuvrajgill10
I Plan to Stick Around

what do you think of #72 for the black iPhone 5 16GB Meowmix, will I get it on launch day?

dan32
I'm Here A Lot

My iPhone 5 status now says IN PROGRESS.. anyone else says that?

dan32
I'm Here A Lot

My iPhone 5 Black 16GB was #147 and is now in progress

So is my iPhone 5 16GB White #89