Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @elmasry123

Unfortunately things have changed now. You will be Edge Financing the phone. So if the phone is $1,500, u will be paying XX amount a month for 2yrs. You also need to pay the taxes upfront when you do the upgrade.

As for the plan, you will need to change your plan into the new plans they offer.

" Financing allows customers on approved credit to finance phones, tablets, smartwatches and accessories for $0 down. You’ll pay off the total financed amount through equal monthly payments over a 24-month period. There is 0% interest on financing.

To finance a phone, tablet, cellular-enabled smartwatch (e.g., Apple Watch), or mobile internet device, you must have an eligible postpaid plan.

To finance accessories such as cases, headphones, speakers, chargers, or Bluetooth smartwatches, you need to have a Rogers Wireless postpaid plan and your total purchase must be between $100 - $500 before tax."

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/device-financing
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Thanks for the run down, but not 100% clear on dates.

Does Rogers device reservation only begin when Apple pre-orders start?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dubjoix

Yes thsts how it works for that specific device that's going for pre orders / reservations.

So when Apple opens up this Friday for the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, Rogers will as well and the rest of the carriers. They follow the same date Apple gives them.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

To be honest I have little faith getting an iPhone through Rogers in a timely manner. You'd best try the apple store if you want a phone at launch.

I'm still waiting for my Series 6 watch from Rogers. The Rogers site said 2-3 weeks shipping time. It's now week 4 and still no changes. The only movement in the reservation system is people clearly canceling their orders because the watches have come in and out of stock multiple times at other retailers. Absolutely no one at Rogers can tell me anything about when to expect the watch. 

They do the same with the phones. They sucker you in with a bogus system that pretends to give you answers. It doesn't. You will wait a month after the phone is released before you see any movement in the reservation system. That's the Rogers way.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TyByte

All carriers see having the issue with the Watch. I ordered a iPad Pro from Telus and took 9 weeks to get. The watch I am still waiting just like you. They only emailed me once for both the IPad and the watch. So it's not any better. So it seems to be affected with all carriers not just Rogers. Seems like Apple isn't giving enough stock to carriers and only have enough for themselves this is also the information I am getting from someone who works within Apple.

It all depends. I have done these threads for the past 10yrs and it has gotten better. However yes i do agree Apple is the way to go if you have $1,500 + upfront to pay plus taxes seeing as Apple doesn't do the financing here in Canada..
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im more frustrated in the dishonesty and lack of any transparency. They literally had on their site, "ships in 2-3 weeks", which how now conveniently disappeared. If it is going to take longer, fine, just don't lie about it. I could have gotten the watch multiple times over from Apple, Best Buy, Jump Plus, etc. and no one at Rogers can give me any information about when it might possibly come. another month? two months? anything seems possible with Rogers at this point.

It's why I don't trust them to get anyone a phone before 2021.

They will happy take the reservation fee from you right though!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TyByte

I hear you. Telus did the same with the IPad Pro and the watch. Unfortunately it seems many carriers are putting dates and then removing them when they can't get stock / ship on time.

You could easily cancel the order / reservation and go get it from one of those places. Nothing is tying you down. A reservation for the watch / phone can be easily cancelled at any moment.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When do you guys think they will tell us the time for preorders on Friday?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SabrinaMolella

Most likely sometime tomorrow. They usually do it a day before.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi team, 

Just confirmed with a Rogers Agent over Chat. Preorders open at 8AM EST.

Cheers