cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone! 😀

Welcome back to my annual Apple Reservation thread! Once again Apple will announce their new  iPhone 12 line up! Once they do, Rogers will Open up their reservations for the phones! I will do a life update to make sure everyone is up to date!  This line up will Include the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max ( the Pro Max will be pre ordered and  released in mid November as per many leaks). 

• How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
    Under Account choose Wireless.
    Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
    Click Upgrade My Device.
    Choose 12 mini, 12, 12 pro. The iPhone 12 Pro Max will be pre ordered starting Mid November.  ( Choose as a “ Pre order”
    Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
    Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
    Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
Select a store to pick up your phone.
 Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
 Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Make sure you understand that you will have to sign a new contract which now you have to pay taxes upfront for the device and pay monthly for it. This is the new way of getting a device. 

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

• Online Statuses
    Open - Phone has been reserved
    In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
    Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
    Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse, goes to the store & they call you. 

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions 😺

495 REPLIES 495

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

As per the heavy leaks this morning (which are true) this is what the iPhone lineup will look like.

• iPhone 12 mini:
    5.4-inch display
    black, white, red, blue, and green
    64GB, 128GB, and 256GB

• 6.1-inch iPhone 12:
    6.1-inch display
    black, white, red, blue, and green
    64GB, 128GB, and 256GB
    Pre-orders October 16/17, available October 23/24
    Starting at $799USD

• iPhone 12 Pro:
    6.1-inch display
    gold, silver, graphite, and blue
    Pre-orders October 16/17, available October 23/24
    128GB, 256GB, and 512GB
    Starting at $999USD

• iPhone 12 Pro Max:
    6.7-inch display
    gold, silver, graphite, and blue
    Pre-orders November 13/14, available November 20/21
    128GB, 256GB, and 512GB
    Starting at $1,099 USD

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
EDIT -

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro pre-orders begin October 16th with availability on October 23rd. iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini pre-orders on November 6th with availability on November 13th.

Nfoxm
I plan to stick around
Will Rogers be opening pre orders Friday October 16th at midnight 12am EST or 8am EST which is 5am pst (apple time)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nfoxm

Most likely 8am EST. They never do midnight pre orders. Only once they did 3am but rest were either 6am or 8amEST

Nfoxm
I plan to stick around
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Will Rogers be announcing a time closer to Friday?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nfoxm

Yes they will be. Shortly they will and I will update this thread.

SammyGee3
I've been here awhile

Super excited to get my hands on the iPhone 12. Thanks for the thread.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SammyGee3

You're welcome! I'm waiting for the Pro Max!

elmasry123
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix ,

Thanks for all of the information! I am currently an existing Rogers customer and haven’t done a phone upgrade for a while now. Previously when I would upgrade my phone via Rogers, I would pay a subsidized price (typically about $500 cheaper than the full price of the phone) and sign a new 2 year contract with them. Is that still how it works? Would I be able to keep my existing plan (simply renew for 2 more years) and get the subsidized price?

Thanks in advance!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @elmasry123

Unfortunately things have changed now. You will be Edge Financing the phone. So if the phone is $1,500, u will be paying XX amount a month for 2yrs. You also need to pay the taxes upfront when you do the upgrade.

As for the plan, you will need to change your plan into the new plans they offer.

" Financing allows customers on approved credit to finance phones, tablets, smartwatches and accessories for $0 down. You’ll pay off the total financed amount through equal monthly payments over a 24-month period. There is 0% interest on financing.

To finance a phone, tablet, cellular-enabled smartwatch (e.g., Apple Watch), or mobile internet device, you must have an eligible postpaid plan.

To finance accessories such as cases, headphones, speakers, chargers, or Bluetooth smartwatches, you need to have a Rogers Wireless postpaid plan and your total purchase must be between $100 - $500 before tax."

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/device-financing

Dubjoix
I've been around

Thanks for the run down, but not 100% clear on dates.

Does Rogers device reservation only begin when Apple pre-orders start?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dubjoix

Yes thsts how it works for that specific device that's going for pre orders / reservations.

So when Apple opens up this Friday for the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, Rogers will as well and the rest of the carriers. They follow the same date Apple gives them.

TyByte
I've been here awhile

To be honest I have little faith getting an iPhone through Rogers in a timely manner. You'd best try the apple store if you want a phone at launch.

I'm still waiting for my Series 6 watch from Rogers. The Rogers site said 2-3 weeks shipping time. It's now week 4 and still no changes. The only movement in the reservation system is people clearly canceling their orders because the watches have come in and out of stock multiple times at other retailers. Absolutely no one at Rogers can tell me anything about when to expect the watch. 

They do the same with the phones. They sucker you in with a bogus system that pretends to give you answers. It doesn't. You will wait a month after the phone is released before you see any movement in the reservation system. That's the Rogers way.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @TyByte

All carriers see having the issue with the Watch. I ordered a iPad Pro from Telus and took 9 weeks to get. The watch I am still waiting just like you. They only emailed me once for both the IPad and the watch. So it's not any better. So it seems to be affected with all carriers not just Rogers. Seems like Apple isn't giving enough stock to carriers and only have enough for themselves this is also the information I am getting from someone who works within Apple.

It all depends. I have done these threads for the past 10yrs and it has gotten better. However yes i do agree Apple is the way to go if you have $1,500 + upfront to pay plus taxes seeing as Apple doesn't do the financing here in Canada..

TyByte
I've been here awhile

Im more frustrated in the dishonesty and lack of any transparency. They literally had on their site, "ships in 2-3 weeks", which how now conveniently disappeared. If it is going to take longer, fine, just don't lie about it. I could have gotten the watch multiple times over from Apple, Best Buy, Jump Plus, etc. and no one at Rogers can give me any information about when it might possibly come. another month? two months? anything seems possible with Rogers at this point.

It's why I don't trust them to get anyone a phone before 2021.

They will happy take the reservation fee from you right though!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @TyByte

I hear you. Telus did the same with the IPad Pro and the watch. Unfortunately it seems many carriers are putting dates and then removing them when they can't get stock / ship on time.

You could easily cancel the order / reservation and go get it from one of those places. Nothing is tying you down. A reservation for the watch / phone can be easily cancelled at any moment.

SabrinaMolella
I plan to stick around
When do you guys think they will tell us the time for preorders on Friday?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SabrinaMolella

Most likely sometime tomorrow. They usually do it a day before.

SammyGee3
I've been here awhile

Hi team, 

Just confirmed with a Rogers Agent over Chat. Preorders open at 8AM EST.

Cheers

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SammyGee3

Yes Rogers confirmed to me as well 8Am EST. ( Got the email while I was sleeping).