cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone! 😀

Welcome back to my annual Apple Reservation thread! Once again Apple will announce their new  iPhone 12 line up! Once they do, Rogers will Open up their reservations for the phones! I will do a life update to make sure everyone is up to date!  This line up will Include the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max ( the Pro Max will be pre ordered and  released in mid November as per many leaks). 

• How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
    Under Account choose Wireless.
    Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
    Click Upgrade My Device.
    Choose 12 mini, 12, 12 pro. The iPhone 12 Pro Max will be pre ordered starting Mid November.  ( Choose as a “ Pre order”
    Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
    Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
    Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
Select a store to pick up your phone.
 Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
 Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Make sure you understand that you will have to sign a new contract which now you have to pay taxes upfront for the device and pay monthly for it. This is the new way of getting a device. 

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

• Online Statuses
    Open - Phone has been reserved
    In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
    Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
    Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse, goes to the store & they call you. 

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions 😺

495 REPLIES 495

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

According to customer service, the only option is to cancel the order and re-order for delivery. They gave an estimated time of 3-4 weeks for iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite but said it varies by phone. They were not able to tell me how much longer it would be for me to remain in the store pickup queue which makes no sense. He confirmed that Rogers stores aren't closing because their services have been deemed essential. And then my chat was closed. 

It doesn't make a ton of sense to me and I'm not sure how I will proceed yet. But hopefully this helps others make a decision! 

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Skladman
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply. If that is the case, I may as well just stay on pick-up. I am already at position 154 and I'd rather not start all over again.

cgreen
I plan to stick around
If your waiting for a store pick up, I’d go in and ask them if they have an idea of how long it will take. They might have an idea of how many devices they get each week

st10
I plan to stick around

Look like the wait is over.

I’ve ordered an iPhone 12 Pro 128GB Blue Colour on October 24th ship to home, but when I called Rogers on November 20 the Rep said my order has been cancelled for some reason and he could not tell me how and why. Then same day I ordered the same phone (Nov 20th). Today the phone’s financing has been updated on my Rogers account, however I did not get any email about shipping.  Hopefully in the coming days I will get my phone. I will keep you guys posted.

st10
I plan to stick around

Finally, My phone shipped and will be receiving end of the day today. I wish others also get theirs soon. I know how frustrating it is to wait for something without a clear communication or timeline.

DeValera
I've been here awhile

Please let me know if you received the two incentives - the year of Apple TV and the 50% discount on AirPods.

The iPhone is terrific and the camera is way better than expected. Be patient with your install/transfer!

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

I ordered my 12Pro 256Gb phone on October 25 and have yet to hear that it is any closer to being delivered than it was over six weeks ago. Rogers will be needing to call in "Customer Retention" if they can't get this done soon!

jsynam
I've been around

My husband and I have been in a war with Rogers over our iPhone orders. I ordered my iPhone Pro Max 512 gb in Graphite on November 9th and keep getting different answers from agents about when the phone would be shipped out. I finally got in touch with an agent over Live Chat on November 24th who was sympathetic and gave us $300 in credit, reduced my plan by $15 and reduced my international texting to $1. In addition, he convinced us to order another iPhone for my husband's line. He waived all of the fees including set up and upgrade. My husband ended up getting an email a few days after his order saying his phone was being shipped! I was so frustrated that I ended up canceling my order and going to the Apple Store because they had my phone in stock. It only took 30 minutes to get them to set up the financing through my Rogers account. I'm calling Rogers Customer Retention right now to see if they can do anything to remedy this situtation. I'll keep everyone updated.

Now, my husband is still waiting for his phone to be delivered. FedEx tracking saying a label was printed but the package hasn't been sent out by Rogers. I've been on the phone with them all day and am fed up. We're ready to cancel his order and just go to the Apple store to pick up his phone. After this experience, we'll be switching to another carrier. I'm originally from the US and had service through T-Mobile. I've never had any issues with receiving new iPhones on launch day when pre-ordering. 

Maxsports
I've been around

Don't blame Rogers on delaying shipping out new iPhone 12, I do believe that it was Apple who should be blame, I contacted rogers today and they suggested me to pick up one from nearby Apple store and I will have same financing plan at Rogers with the incentives. Apparently Apple wants to take more profit from carriers. So I was able to book appointment for tomorrow afternoon to pick up the phone, they told me plenty in stock for tomorrow.

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

I'm sorry - I blame Rogers. Rogers' competitors seem to be able to supply their customers with new iPhones in a timely fashion. Rogers is paid quite handsomely to provide telecommunications services - for anyone (including Rogers) to suggest that we get our phones elsewhere is an admission of failure. Tomorrow will mark 7 weeks since I ordered an iPhone 12 Pro 256Gb and I'm losing faith in any notion that it will ever arrive. I think it's time for customer retention to contact me.

lmc4
I've been around

I ordered iPhone 12 128GB pacific blue on November 18th. Order confirmation the same day, no update since. Finally just got done with over an hour online with the rogers customer support the order was mysteriously canceled, no reason why, no refund of the reservation fee yet,  and their suggestion was to go to the store location because "they know more". Absolute garbage customer service it seems with the iPhone 12 orders.  My main motivation for ordering this phone through rogers was their black Friday promotions which are all over so, there is no point. At least now I do not need to change my plan.

Just hopped on to the apple website and will be picking up the phone in less than 24hours. Took me less than 5 minutes to order. 

I waited it out, I went from 72 in line yesterday and my order is finally "in progress" today. 

7 weeks sounds about right. that's how long it took me to get mine approximately 7-8 weeks.

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

Yours took 46 days - 6 1/2 weeks. I'm at 54 days - it will be eight weeks on Sunday.. As there doesn't seem to be any new traffic here, most have al ready received their phones. I wonder where Rogers screwed up my order and why it's still not been fixed. When called, the reply is "backordered".

fc3242314324242
I've been here awhile
I ordered on Nov 9th. I have been told I won't receive my device until mid January. So at the earliest, it will be 9 weeks after ordering. A complete joke on how Rogers handled this.

Artem_alf
I plan to stick around

Hi all, My status is now in Progress. So I was wondering how long usually it takes to get to the store ?

Thank you.  

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

So, after 5 or 6 inquiries with Rogers weekly and eight weeks of waiting, it was discovered yesterday that my order existed but nothing more. No phone was ever going to be delivered. It existed as an order number. Apparently.

I will now wait an additional 4 or so weeks for a new order.

Shoddy service and a terrible ordering system that doesn't allow operators to see the status of orders.

This new order had better arrive in record time.

Mine was in progress for a couple business days then was marked shipped, then another couple days until I got the call. With it being so close to holidays now shipping times might be higher. But so worth the wait!! 

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
I have to say I was impressed with the turnaround time on my 256gb 12 pro max (pacific blue). Ordered on Dec 2nd and a day later I received an email saying the phone was back ordered and it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive. On Dec 8th I received a surprising shipping email. So about 4 business days after I ordered.

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

That's good - my order of 12 Pro 256 Blue is still a disaster. It will be nine weeks on Sunday and I have no faith that I will ever receive it. They have until mid January to deliver or my account will go to a competitor. Rogers needs to wake up and stop blaming others - every other company is able to deliver in 3 or 4 weeks at most.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Yeah 9 weeks is a really long time. I’m surprised they didn’t get a shipment of the Pros with the Pro Maxes they got