cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone! 😀

Welcome back to my annual Apple Reservation thread! Once again Apple will announce their new  iPhone 12 line up! Once they do, Rogers will Open up their reservations for the phones! I will do a life update to make sure everyone is up to date!  This line up will Include the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max ( the Pro Max will be pre ordered and  released in mid November as per many leaks). 

• How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
    Under Account choose Wireless.
    Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
    Click Upgrade My Device.
    Choose 12 mini, 12, 12 pro. The iPhone 12 Pro Max will be pre ordered starting Mid November.  ( Choose as a “ Pre order”
    Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
    Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
    Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
Select a store to pick up your phone.
 Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
 Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Make sure you understand that you will have to sign a new contract which now you have to pay taxes upfront for the device and pay monthly for it. This is the new way of getting a device. 

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

• Online Statuses
    Open - Phone has been reserved
    In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
    Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
    Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse, goes to the store & they call you. 

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions 😺

495 REPLIES 495

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Dk613
I've been here awhile
I ordered mine the 17th the agent told me i was 4th in que theyre just waiting for a shipment from apple he said it should be about 3 weeks for delivery

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Jason_2025
I plan to stick around
I disagree. As I've said, I ordered mine on the 16th of October, coming on on six weeks now. I'd accept your reason as an explanation however people who ordered weeks after me, friends and people on here, have their phones.

It's unacceptable service.

Jason_2025
I plan to stick around

I've been looking at the Shaw service here in BC, looks like a great deal and we are already using Shaw. I'm going to stop in tomorrow to talk to them, get away from this Rogers nonsense once and for all.

J\

boun
I've been here awhile
Ordered my iPhone 12 pro max on November 16, I talked to agent yesterday and he said it’s going to be 4+ weeks 🥴

carlb
I plan to stick around

Yeah I agree Rogers is a little confused, I got my phone on Sunday and they just send me an email saying that I won’t receive it for another 2-3 weeks.

ndisisa
I've been here awhile
which did you order and when did you order it?

Bradlex
I've been here awhile

Nov 07 - Order two new lines + 2 Pro Max 256gb
Nov 25 - Received email that my lines are activated and I was able to see them added to my account
* 2 hours later received an email, saying the device order got delayed, will be delivered within 1-2 weeks. wth? Didn't they activate lines once they got devices in the warehouse? 

AileeNicole
I've been here awhile

Same question. I just received an e-mail stating that there are changes on my account. That the new phone is already activated and that I have to pay for it starting today November 25, the wireless agreement attached also has the IMEI but there is no update when I will be getting the phones. What does that mean? I am already getting charged even if I do not have the phone yet? I am trying to reach an agent right now.

I ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Gold on November 11, 2020. (phone upgrade, ship to home option)
Today,  November 25, 2020. I received an e-mail that the phone was added to the account and the wireless agreement with the IMEI.

Update:

I spoke to an agent, the phone has already been picked up by courier but no tracking number has been provided yet. Agent said I will receive the phone within 2 business days.

Bradlex
I've been here awhile

UPD: Nov 26, received an email with a tracking number and says that it has been picked up already by Purolator. So I hope to see it in my mailbox in a day or two)

bkharu
I've been around
i pre-ordered the iphone 12 pro max 512 gb last nov 6. my position is 5. no update(s) yet.

AileeNicole
I've been here awhile

Phone Ordered: iPhone 12 Pro Max, 256GB, Gold

Date Ordered: 11th of November, 2020

Delivery Option: Ship to Home (Scarborough, Ontario)

On the day I placed the order, I only received the order confirmation e-mail and that's it.

Not a single update received until 25th of November, 2020, where they sent me the e-mail of the changes on my account - Wireless Service Agreement, Rogers Terms of Service and Other Service Agreement, Critical Information Summary and Financing Agreement. -- although, I have contacted Rogers support team because I did not even know the phone was backordered when I placed the preorder.  After 2 and a half hours, I received the shipment confirmation e-mail with the tracking number.

I got the device on 26th of November, 2020, 10 hours after the shipment confirmation. 

The package was shipped thru Purolator from Oakville, Ontario. 

Jann1
I've been here awhile

Same situation as you but ordered the day after you did. Hopefully I get the same email tonight or sometime Friday 

jctrueman
I've been here awhile
There must be a delay specific to the 512Gb Pro Max and Rogers getting them from Apple. It appears that nobody has received this configuration from Rogers (on this thread anyway). I received a “two week delay” notice yesterday. It’s all very odd because they are available in some stores (eg. gold 512GB pro Max available now at Richmond BC Apple store)

jfjrdo
I'm here a lot
Are the iphone 12 max pro 128gb still on 4+ weeks back order?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jfjrdo

It sure seems like it. On apples site is shows

"Order today, delivers:
15 Dec - 22 Dec – Free"

So even Apple is having 2-3 week delay..

misteredi
I plan to stick around
I ordered placed my order on Nov 18th... Hopefully before Christmas it'll be here. Is anyone else on a business account?

Bradlex
I've been here awhile

UPD: Nov 27
The second iPhones pro max arrived at my home. Got both of them. 

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

I'm on a business account. Ordered 12P 256 Blue on October 25. No sight of it and no communication about it.

misteredi
I plan to stick around
Have you tried contacting rogers? It looks like other ppl already received their phones and their order date was after yours...

I ordered my the iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB blue on the 16th of Nov, just (Nov 27) got an email for a home delivery notification. Should be here by the 1st.

Hope everyone gets their phones soon! 🙂

SteveD3
I plan to stick around

I've contacted Rogers twice and they've confirmed my order still exists. It was even suggested that if I could find the the phone elsewhere, they would still honor my retention bonus. I know it's been said in this forum that it's really an Apple problem but I don't think that's completely true. Something has gone wrong with Rogers' ordering system.