cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone! 😀

Welcome back to my annual Apple Reservation thread! Once again Apple will announce their new  iPhone 12 line up! Once they do, Rogers will Open up their reservations for the phones! I will do a life update to make sure everyone is up to date!  This line up will Include the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max ( the Pro Max will be pre ordered and  released in mid November as per many leaks). 

• How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
    Under Account choose Wireless.
    Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
    Click Upgrade My Device.
    Choose 12 mini, 12, 12 pro. The iPhone 12 Pro Max will be pre ordered starting Mid November.  ( Choose as a “ Pre order”
    Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
    Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
    Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
Select a store to pick up your phone.
 Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
 Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Make sure you understand that you will have to sign a new contract which now you have to pay taxes upfront for the device and pay monthly for it. This is the new way of getting a device. 

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

• Online Statuses
    Open - Phone has been reserved
    In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
    Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
    Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse, goes to the store & they call you. 

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions 😺

495 REPLIES 495

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

wilsongirl
I plan to stick around
A little bit of communication from Rogers goes a long way.

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wilsongirl

I get what you're saying but they did tell you it will be delayed. So they did communicate to you about that part. They should have sent our a email however I am taking it that Apple never told them about the actual delay or something. Whatever the cause is I get it.

I also blame Apple on this to be honest. They knew they couldn't get allthose pre orders out yet accepted them and now making many wait.

Randomly got this email, was excited until I opened it..

https://ibb.co/3cXRvsv

mtfuji
I plan to stick around
I’m from the GTA and If you check the Apple store daily you could do store pick up. I noticed that they have availability for 12 Pro daily to different stores. I’ve seen them for all of the storage sizes.

KodiakSA
I've been here awhile
When I go to the device status page there’s no mention of the order (pro max 12). I did receive the order confirmation email.
Also, is there a way of finding out where I am in the queue? Or, what the delay time is? I ordered on Sunday 8th

nooch
I've been here awhile
Woo hoo!!

gageev
I plan to stick around

I got an email saying the phone shipped from rogers yesterday afternoon. i was #55 when i ordered the promax.

KodiakSA
I've been here awhile
How did you know what number you were?

gageev
I plan to stick around

when I did the reservation Friday morning, that page give you the #

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gageev

If you did a reservation to the store you would be able to see it online.

If you did a pre order to ship to home then you won't have one unfortunately.

gageev
I plan to stick around

quick question for everyone here :

those of you who pre ordered pro or pro max, and didnt pick up yet. What if in a week they launch a nice promo for black friday. will we be able to take advantage of it? or will we lose out because we already picked up the device. i dont think changing the plan to a promo plan would be an issue, but if there is a reduction on the finance or freebies is mainly what i am referring to.

any input is appreciated. thank you 

LovelSidhu7
I've been here awhile
Calm down, you won't be getting them that soon anyway.

gageev
I plan to stick around
hahaha i got the shipment email yesterday. that's why my hopes are up. but you are right, could be delayed for a while.

nathanh1
I'm here a lot
I just got confirmation that mine will be available at opening tomorrow am . I received a shipping notice on Tuesday and was position 2 on release day for the pro max 128 blue
Hope this helps some get an idea of when theirs is coming 🙂

Happy pro max launch day people

gageev
I plan to stick around
hi, did the store call you or was it an email from rogers?

LovelSidhu7
I've been here awhile
I have a feeling that those who have ordered 256/512gb variants for 12 Pro are never going to get it.
Especially the Pacific Blue ones.
I ordered mine on the evening of 16th Oct.
I was on 37th position on the opening day 23oct,. Since then I have moved up only 4 places,
At this rate I have to wait 30 weeks or about 7 months
Lol

wilsongirl
I plan to stick around
I order pro 512gb in silver and got this email yesterday. I preordered on October 16 shipped to home.

Update: Device order delayed
Thanks for your recent order of the Apple iPhone 12.

Your order will ship within the next week. We’re sorry it’s taking longer than expected.

We’ll send you an email when your device ships with your tracking number and a link to track your order with our delivery partner.

Questions? Please contact us in any of the ways listed at rogers.com/contactus.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

KodiakSA
I've been here awhile

I just received an email from Rogers that my upgrade is complete, and a Pro Max 12 is associated with my account as of November 12.   No shipping information though!! But I assume this means that they have a device for me and it's on the way.

knicole2
I've been here awhile
I received the email regarding device order delay yesterday as well

I have the same in my account for a ship to home 12 Pro Max 256 in blue that I ordered within minutes of the pre-orders opening. The chat agent did say that if I see it associated and updated on my account it is about to ship

LegacyXXII
I've been here awhile
My order has shipped!

I just recieved an email saying my iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB Pacific Blue has shipped. I did ship-to-home.

No update when I enter the tracking number into Pruolator's site, must still need to be updated.

For anyone worried there's won't ship; I ordered mine November 6th at 10:15am EST, 2 hours after pre-orders started, and it still shipped today.