cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone! 😀

Welcome back to my annual Apple Reservation thread! Once again Apple will announce their new  iPhone 12 line up! Once they do, Rogers will Open up their reservations for the phones! I will do a life update to make sure everyone is up to date!  This line up will Include the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max ( the Pro Max will be pre ordered and  released in mid November as per many leaks). 

• How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
    Under Account choose Wireless.
    Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
    Click Upgrade My Device.
    Choose 12 mini, 12, 12 pro. The iPhone 12 Pro Max will be pre ordered starting Mid November.  ( Choose as a “ Pre order”
    Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
    Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
    Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
Select a store to pick up your phone.
 Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
 Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Make sure you understand that you will have to sign a new contract which now you have to pay taxes upfront for the device and pay monthly for it. This is the new way of getting a device. 

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

• Online Statuses
    Open - Phone has been reserved
    In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
    Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
    Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse, goes to the store & they call you. 

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions 😺

495 REPLIES 495

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

MrM17
I've been here awhile
Thanks so much! Sorry to hear yours hasn’t shipped yet. I woke up at 8am and ordered from Apple. After a couple of hours I regretted it, as $2000 is just too much for me to outlay right now. So I cancelled the order and did it via ROGERS instead, so I could amortize the payments over a couple of years. Being so late in the game and due to past experiences with ordering through a phone provider, I honestly expected the phone to arrive in Nov or Dec. Must say I was pleasantly surprised with how efficient ROGERS did with this (aside from the lack of initial confirmation email, which did have me worried). I don’t think the phone could have arrived any earlier, even if I had ordered it from Apple! Perhaps the 512GB just wasn’t as popular. Nonetheless, I hope you get yours soon! Have a great weekend!

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Thanks! You’re right, it’s probably because so many people ordered the 128gb. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new phone, and have a great weekend!

Every month I’m seriously questioning why had I been with Rogers for so long while consistently being treated like a pile of garbage!

I pre-ordered the iphone 12 pro last Saturday through the device upgrade program and apparently there was a system crash that somehow managed to duplicate my order or something... anyway I get a reservation confirmation email sayin it ill be shipped to the store because it can’t be shipped to my place and that they charge a 40$ deposit for the reservation. Fast forward Tuesday, i get another email saying i left something in my cart! Assuming the preordered phone must be available and that i have to now check what they want! So i click on the link and it brings me to the device upgrade thing again but this time it ask me if i want to have it shipped home! At that point im like ok cool i guess it’s a process update so I do it while also changing my package for a better one.
I get a confirmation email saying the order is on.
Wednesday, i get an email saying there were changes to my wireless services showing my new package details. Couple hours later I get another email saying the same thing but this time there is an added 40 refund for the reservation... I thought that was strange as it originally said i would get refund when i pick up the phone.. but I thought maybe it’s because the phone will be shipped home instead or something.
Thursday: another email AND text saying my devices has shipped... to the store!!! Ok now im starting to panic foreseeing what’s happening... i get on the chat to talk with an agent and as always the messenger page keeps bugging and crashing while trying to explain my concerns of rogers sending two phones and since it keeps crashing i asked if they could call me ( bear in mind im at work all day so chatting is not ideal) to which the agent tell me they cannot!!
Later that day i get another email with the same things but this time it includes my new device and everything and on the roger app it says that i also now have a new iphone 12 pro as my phone!
Which brings us to yesterday (friday)
I get a morning text from the store saying my device is there and that i need to hurry up because they are not sure if the systems are gonna hold up the chaos of the iphone release.
So I left work early to be sure to make it before the store close.
I get to the store, they go get my phone, makin sure that before we do anything they try to sell me airpods on financing.... I kindly turned the offer down, then the guy starts typing on the computer and i see his face of questioning.... I’m like oh no.... and yes ... exactly what I feared.... there is one device on its way to my place that is bonded to my account... and the one in the dude’s hands is not the right one.. i mean poor guy .. he really tried everything and when he called corporate they told him nothing can be done... meanwhile i received ANOTHER email and txt saying my iphone is shipped by puro and I’ll have some news soon! The guy is sorry, im . because once again Rogers screwed me, refused to take responsibility and make it up to me while acknowledging that is their servers fault! I was gonna give my current iphone to my girlfriend and add her as my 3rd line with rogers but no... . no, im not dragging her into this joke of a corporation! And that, for sure, will be my last phone with rogers ever, its been more than 5 years that I endure this bs!

Oh and to add insult to injury, as a leave the store... i get another email and text saying the made a mistake by offering me a 1 month subscription to Apple music ( already have it) and that im not eligible to such a treat of a 9$ worth!
Funny how they were pretty quick to correct that mistake.... this is beyond insulting and I will make a personal mission to advise everyone to STAY AWAY from rogers at all cost.

Hello @The_free_mike,

Great choice on the device, I've only heard good things so far! I realize the mix up with the upgrade was inconvenient, we wouldn't want to lose you as a customer over this. Hope you get the device in the mail soon :). Please keep us posted.

Kind Regards,

RogersMike

SlayerG14
I've been here awhile
Anyone know if a second wave of phones has come in yet?

I wouldn’t call a full week of confusing emails, texts, failed agents interactions, time wasted and money lost an “inconvenience” ! Rogers customer’s service is virtually non-existent! On every problems i had with Rogers, I ended up fixing stuff myself as most of chat agents are incredibly unqualified and have very little knowledge of technology, and that is once you managed to get pass the confused chatbots!
I’ve been with rogers for more than 5 years now and not a single time did rogers offered to fix, help or compensate but miss a payment by a day and they’ll harass you in a blink! Look the only reason I’m still here is because in Quebec there’s only worse than rogers... so my options are to endure rogers disgusting practices or switch to a more expensive and less featured provider!
That doesn’t make Rogers a good provider... just the least garbage here in Quebec! I do hope that it’s different for the rest of our great country as I did read positive stuff coming from other provinces but I’m very sceptical nonetheless

jerryedmonds
I plan to stick around

Hey everyone,

Where do I go to see the status of my iPhone 12 Pro reservation?

I can't seem to figure it out- the ordering process wasn't like when the apple watch came out- Rogers has a separate link to click to reserve the new phone, not the "reservation system" like normal.

Thanks peeps!! 🙂

Jerry

@jerryedmonds Depends if you ordered for ship to store or to home. You won't get any status info for ship to home.

jerryedmonds
I plan to stick around

ahh, that would be it! It's getting shipped to my home. Do you happen to know how long this process takes? Normally it doesn't take very long but this is also a new device.

Thanks for your help!

I was on live chat with Rogers and they said I might have to wait for another 3+ weeks, could be less

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jerryedmonds @megannguyen2106

Yes that is true. However depends on when Apple sends over the shipment to Rogers. Could be this week or next.

I've been around
Hlo i order the iphone 11 on saturday 24/10 and i didn't receive any confirmation or email

socrdiva11
I plan to stick around

anyone else noticing the in store reservations moving excruciatingly slow? i've moved up 13 spots since friday...urghh i'm debating trying to get it through apple now but i dont know how they deal with the upfront edge stuff as i have a xs max to return.

SlayerG14
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix 

My old device has disappeared on my account but new device is not there, is this progress? haha

Never pre-ordering again. 

Jvirdee
I've been here awhile
Would be nice if Rogers can keep us update with the status.

Jvirdee
I've been here awhile
Yep... mine too

Says “ You brought your own phone with this plan.”

I click and says

“ We're sorry, but you can't upgrade your device right now because you have an upgrade order pending.”

Ok.... now I’m more lost haha

Jason_2025
I plan to stick around
Mine now says that too. I ordered on pre-order day but nothing so far which is odd as I've seen people on here who ordered after me getting theirs already.

Jvirdee
I've been here awhile
Yes, that’s the same as me.
It’s a mess lol

knicole2
I've been here awhile
Was told about 4 conflicting “tales” about the status of my phone. On the Friday it released, one told me it was in the warehouse and was *just* waiting to ship out (same day delivery!), and then the next, I was told it was on back order and would take 3-4 weeks. Another story I was told it should be delivered on Friday (the 30th) Wow. Still no tracking number or shipping update. Feels like they’re just making it up as they go and hope customers will feel temporarily satisfied.

olangsta
I've been around
Hi! I reserved an iPhone 12 Pro 256GB and it is on its way to the store (Status: Shipped). I’m a little bit confused on the pricing. I was under the impression that the total cost of the phone would be paid off monthly over 24 months, is this true or do I owe something when I pick up in store? If so, how much?