Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hi

Does the esim support 5g speeds or do I need to use a physical sim instead.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, 12, 12 pro & 12 Pro Max Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @Dean604

E-Sim will automatically provide 5G.

HOWEVER. Canada will not be getting the ultra high speed 5G speeds or the side antenna like the US model. No carrier in Canada had access to the mmwave. We will have 5G but nothing near to What Verizon has or what the side antenna can offer. Read below.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/10/15/canadian-version-apple-iphone-12-no-mmwave-5g-antenna/
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I know where my que is for reservation?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't be too upset or envious about not getting mmWave in our iPhones; it's practically useless in day to day use.  Verizon has precious little mmWave coverage except for tiny pockets of major cities.  mmWave is a very fragile frequency that requires line of sight.  It has almost no penetration through surfaces/walls etc.  In fact, even rain can make you lose signal.  It's a very limited use-case technology.  Its best application will be in stadiums and arenas where they can pack a load of transmitters in a relatively small, enclosed site.  As a technology for general population use the way we all use our phones day to day, it's not practical at all and we're not missing out on anything.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What’s up buddy!

So how do these “positions” work on Rogers? I managed to refresh my page at 7:35 exact and got the #1 spot for the 128g gold.
Wondering if this technically means I’ll receive it on release day (oct 23rd). I did ship to store as well.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Nfoxm

Unless there is a huge shortage from Apple ( which i doubt there will be). You will get it at release date. They will ship out the day before or 2 days before hand!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again for the reply & for the help!
Much appreciate the info! Can’t wait!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Waiting for the Pro Max. Curious to see the stock level for the flagship model.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,

When should we expect the status of the reservation to change?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers on Twitter said that the iPhones will ship on release date, rather than in advance of Friday. Sucks to hear that people who ordered it to their home may not receive it on release day.