Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

@zubair1177 they would add the watch to your account and log the devices IMEI but I'm thinking that they need to physically activate cellular service on the watch in order to add the line.   

They'd scan the watch in and setup the easy pay without a problem....but it's the add a line and activate cellular that they will for sure have issues with if the activation process isn't working properly.  

The main thing is...can they activate the plan without actually activating cellular service on the watch.  If they can, maybe they let you leave the store and you can activate cellular via the watch app once the activation process is working.  

Edit - actually I take back what I said in my last sentence.  When you 'activate cellular' on your watch via the iPhone watch app, it adds a line to your account at that point.  I don't think there's a way that Rogers can add a smartwatch line without successfully going through the process of setting up cellular via the watch app.  I'm sure the tech team is hard at work trying to resolve the activation issues so hopefully it's all a moot point come tomorrow.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay. Here’s hoping!
I Plan to Stick Around

My pre order link is glitching and not showing any information at the moment. Anyone else having this issue?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ahmedcostco mine's working fine

Holding STRONG at #61 lmao

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey @nasa25

So my Telus store called and they got the AW4 Stainless steel space gray 44M with the Milanese Loop.

So they are holding that one for me instead of the sport model!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wow nice.  Good that they were able to get the SS model. 

How much is that setting you back?  It goes for $1,119 on the apple site.  Is it just the $1,119 but on easy pay over 24 months (i.e. $47 per month)?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Its $46 per month. I was paying $25 per month for the S3. So a $21 jump for the better one. For me $20 difference isn't bad as I get a coffee each day thats $3. So yeah

She also said she will waive the activation fee and I get the 3 months free plan like everyone else (which all carriers are doing anyways).

Problem is that I have to pay the taxes upfront like Bell does as well. So that's another $140
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wow nice.  that's a good deal.

I have a retentions chat saved where the rep told me I don't have to pay the activation fee either so I'll break that out when I get the $30 charge for my series 3 and series 4 lol

Also I'm sure we will have to pay the taxes up front in store too.   I'm budgeting $95 for that 

Note to everyone, you'll need to pay the taxes up front in store most likely.  So plan to pay either $88.27 (40mm) or $94.77 (44mm) when you pick it up (assuming Ontario)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah makes sense lol. Also seems like all carriers are charging the taxes upfront before selling the watch on the payment plan. Called a few Rogers stores and Telus stores and they all said that you pay the taxez upfront and the act price of the phone gets cut into 24 months.

So just letting u guys know that too if u don't know.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix yup hopefully everyone that pre-ordered set aside some cash for the up front taxes.