cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

luvboatcapn
I plan to stick around
I paid nothing upfront in the store. She showed me that I would need to pay the taxes in store and I referenced the community forums and that I had read about other users having it added to their next bill. She didn’t really discuss it any further...I guess she had the ability to do that at the till and that’s what she did. It wasn’t an issue...I was willing to pay them then and there to get my wife’s watch home to her quick as possible but it just got pushed to the next bill so that was a nice plus as my bill just rolled over on the 21st.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Can anyone that has has LTE service on both a series 3 and 4 comment on connectivity lag?

Seems like it takes a good 30-60 seconds for my series 3 to connect to LTE once it’s out of range of my iPhone or wifi. It just has a red x and says disconnected for that time. I’m curious if the series 4 has that kind of lag.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

I had the same issue with my 3 on Telus. It seems like its happening to many ( on some making commends on the Apple forums). On my 4 it takes 10 second and it connects most of the times.

nasa25
@Meowmix thanks for the confirmation.

LTE works really well on my series 3, just that lag is a bit annoying lol. Good to hear that the series 4 solves most of the lag issue.

Mom74
I'm here a lot
I've moved yay! #9 to #1 today...in Vic b.c

dustonf
I plan to stick around
Awesome!
I’m at 18 for spacey grey 44 & 18 for 44 silver

rokstar
I've been here awhile
I started as number 35, went to 10, now it’s in progress. ROGERS screwed my upgrade at the Apple store and caused me to have to go to the Rogers store. Took forever for them to set my iPhone Xs up, then they actually lied to me and said a Rogers rep was at the Apple store all day. How’s that? I was there at 8am for launch, and spent 2 hours trying to upgrade before they told me, without the Rogers rep, I need to go to the Rogers store. I’m done with Rogers, if not when the Apple Watch activation issues start, then it will be if it takes more than 3 more days to get this stupid watch. Come on Rogers. Stop sucking

nasa25

@rokstar I sympathize with you

My advice would be do ship to home from now on.  That way you just get the phone delivered to you, pop your existing sim in and you're good to go

As for the watch, yeah it sucks that shipments have been slow.  I can only assume that's partly due to the activation issues but it seems like shipments are starting to pick up a bit.

Also re: watch activation issues....I cut rogers like 5% slack just because it's a new line of business for them.  Seems like everyone at rogers (save a select few) were blindsided by this launch.  Most had like days notice that they would be supporting the watch and were learning on the fly.  

Takeaways for Rogers:

1. Start your beta testing LONG before launch.  Spend the money to beta test properly and maintain happy customers

2. Improve your internal communication and training.  Let people within your company know well in advance of these kinds of launches (albeit might be hard because Apple LOVES to make sure people keep tight lipped about any new products or launches and probably dictates communication timelines)

nasa25
Man I just drove like an absolute madman to get down to Mapleview to grab the only 44mm gold wifi only they got in (only 44 they got in, in general).

Thankfully it wasn’t sold by the time I got here lol

kalioderkirk
I've been here awhile

I just noticed today my apple watch went to in progress.. does anyone know how long until it goes to shipped and then how long after that i should receive it? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kalioderkirk

It can take 1-3 business days for it to ship out to the store. That is due to them package it up and also get UPS to pick it up for store delivery.

dustonf
I plan to stick around
What size / colour?

nasa25

anybody update their AW3 or AW4 to 5.0.1 which came out yesterday?

My cellular setup is working perfectly and I'm scared to update anything lol

dustonf
I plan to stick around
Apple or Rogers?

Missamanda_k
I plan to stick around
Today felt like the perfect day to waste time and gas lol. I Didnt think I would get very far but I was bored and needed to find something to do instead of napping lol. I went to every retailor and/cell provider in this small town... not one place had the AW series 4. Best Buy, Walmart and staples, Rogers, bell, and Telus did not even have a display model. I got similar answers from each place, they are on backorder and if I want to guarantee myself one that I should preorder online. I spoke with an employee at Rogers who informed me that “the situation had been rectified” and there will be an increase in the number of shipments that go out each day.

Nixle32
I plan to stick around

I updated to 5.0.1 with my S4 no issues to report.

nasa25

@Nixle32 thanks for the update.  

Just installed it on my S3 Cellular and S4 Wifi only

Cellular is working perfectly on the S3 after the update.  I'm glad they fixed the glitch where Apple Music and Radio usage data would show under 'uninstalled apps' in the cellular section.  Now the cellular data usage for those apps are correctly categorized.   

As an aside, man, the screen on this 44mm watch is just a beauty.  I've been spoiled going from a series 0 38mm to an s3 42mm (which I marveled at the screen) to an s4 44mm (which makes the s3 42mm screen look pretty average) all in the course of about 3 weeks lol

nasa25

Any man that ordered the gold with pink band....the pink is a really light pink....but it's not gonna match well with most dark colours at all.   I'll rock pink all day long but I'm not the biggest fan of that muted light pink sports band.   I wish apple launched the gold aluminum with more than one option for band colour.  Oh well.  

I also wish apple offered a band trade in program where we could trade in our new light pink sports bands for something we prefer lol

rokstar
I've been here awhile

Ok, so just to respond to that, first, there’s no slack being given to Rogers, period! Second, ship to home was not available for iPhone and certainly not for the watch that they hadn’t even taken stock of yet either. Third, the watch isn’t new territory for Rogers. I was unable to upgrade at launch, on a reserved pre order, with Rogers, after nearly 20 years. There’s 2 other extremely huge carriers that launched e-sim almost 2 years ago, and there’s plenty of data to help Rogers get  in gear.  Thank you for your opinions, and they are all appreciated. I think at this point, Rogers has just soured the relationship beyond repair

dustonf
I plan to stick around
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to make a general post on where we stand, there’s been quite a lot of activity on this thread.

Updates - Seems to be quite a bit of movement for the 40mm watches, to my knowledge less movement on the 44MM especially the Gold. There has been activation issues for some but may be resolved now..

To anyone posting about receiving your AW S4 could you please mention if you received from Rogers or somewhere else and the model you ordered, it helps all of us out 🙂

I’m sitting at 18 “OPEN” for our Silver 44MM and 27 “OPEN” for our 44 Grey.

I live in Hamilton Ontario and the 5 Rogers stores around me haven’t received any stock.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rokstar

Just want to correct you. I ran all the reservation and pre order threads here. Indeed Rogers had the iPhone Xs for pre orders ship to home. You are welcome to visit my thread and see any did it. Maybe you didn't know but it was and still is available.

The watch it's not available because the same with Bell and Telus. If you doing financing they want you to goto the store and pick it up. That's how it works or all 3 carriers. That's why it snot offered for ship to home.

Just wanted to fix that. Everything else I agree with.