cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

I read just fine tyvm, you stated rogers was charging you an extra $300+ when in fact they were not and regardless where you buy the watch it's going to be the same. I believe the difference with the iPad vs the phone is the iPad is it's own line where the Watch shares your existing line. Only visually on there website it looks like a 3rd line which they really should fix this to eliminate confusion.

Sendtovadim
I plan to stick around
I moved 6 or 7 spots since last week. This is very disappointing. I thought this week was the week I’ll finally get it

e Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

JeremyB
I plan to stick around
I’m sure I should be getting mine any day now. I’m at 578. I’ve dropped 22 spots in over a week. It will be a nice Christmas gift to myself when I finally get it. Lol

Re: e Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

There was one week most models dropped but my 40mm SG didn't. Then the next week I dropped right into In Processing from 167.

Jer78
I've been here awhile
@qbvbsite1. Actually the iPad isn’t considered a line either according to Rogers when you talk to them but on the website it is, that’s the confusion Rogers is creating. I also wasn’t offered 3 months free or any bonuses. The 44mm is $769 through Rogers and at Apple it is $689 so it’s also not $30-$40 more expensive but rather $80. For me, it’s just not worth the added cost for having cellular and that was my point. It wasn’t intended to get anyone riled up. It was more to post there is one available at a store. But being helpful rarely pays off in these forums you just yourself a subject to abuse. If someone was waiting for weeks but knew they could pick one up immediately shouldn’t that be considered helpful? Anyways no more point reasoning my case here.

Silverlight85
I'm here a lot

I dropped from 10 to 4 on Thursday last week for 40mm silver, but my spot hasn't moved sinceSmiley Sad

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jer78

What they are saying is correct. You are pricing it off as its a huge amount of money they are charging but YOU as a customer are also responsible to do your own research as many have done. Many seen this and either accepted it or left and got it from Apple.

The 3 months free comes off each month for the next 3 months ($10 off). They don't apply it as it does it on its own when th line opens.( Something you and the agent didn't know). It states it in the website and all 3 carriers are offering this since last year ( Bell and Telus last year and Rogers this year).

All in all I think it all got out of hand however no one is causing any type of " abuse" here as u claim. They are correction you on the misinformation given out.

Take care!

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

@Jer78 i'm not riled up at all just stating facts for other ppl to read that might be helpful. You will find after you get taxed from apple (as 689 is not including tax) it will be about $40 more not $80+. 

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@Jer78 the 44mm is $729 through rogers

$40 difference on the 44mm

$30 difference on the 40mm

Missamanda_k
I plan to stick around
Last week I moved from 34 to 10 and then at the beginning of the week I moved from 10 to 7 and no movement since. Still ‘open’. I was quite surprised at the lack of movement yesterday as the middle to end of week seems to be when they do a big shipment. I was really hoping in having it next week. It will be a great Christmas present to myself at this rate LOL

I reserved a watch about 1 month ago
I think the last week in September.
My deposit was taken and I was awarded a place of somewhere above 900 in position
In the 4 +- weeks I’ve come down to 259 in line

Are other people starting with high places in line receiving their watch

Sendtovadim
I plan to stick around
@Ripley1 I ordered the 44mm Grey on Sept 24, and was 885. Im 97 now, so there is hope lol

Tonybrighton
I've been here awhile
The way I look at it, personally..
Watch is 679. Which will be $768 after tax.(from apple)

I’ve already dropped $500 on two new iPhone upgrades this year. So I don’t feel like paying this all at once.

So.
If Rogers are going to charge $30 a month, plus a $10 for the LTE connection, plus tax, that means the watch will run you $1085 when paid off monthly over 24 months.

I can see people being up in arms about giving Rogers an extra $317 ($1085 - $768) for no reason... but, that’s financing ya’ll. It’s the same way I bought my car. You spend a little more at the end but don’t break the bank off the hop.

And for me. I take that $317, and in my mind, I split that up over 24 months. So technically, the extra money you’re paying in financing is really only $13 extra a month. — (Plus. They give you a $10 a month credit over the next three months, which will ‘help erase’ the activation fee on the new line)

Hope that helps clarify anything for people who need a breakdown of the plan.

(Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Made it from 309 to 45. Still waiting patiently 🙂

Apples1998
I plan to stick around
I ordered Apple Watch 4 44mm space grey, and it said back in September I was 111 in position now I’ve dropped to 21 as of today’s date. I’m really hoping I get mine soon...

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around
Tho if you bought from Apple your still paying the $10 LTE so the difference is much smaller than $317

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@qbvbsite1

exactly.

You can’t compare the cost outright through Apple versus the cost through Rogers PLUS 2 years of cellular service.

Here’s the actual hardware price differences:

$30 plus tax on the 40mm
$40 plus tax on the 44mm

So is the 2 year monthly financing worth between $33.90 and $45.20 (assuming Ontario)? That’s subjective I guess.

Missamanda_k
I plan to stick around
Has anyone moved spots at all!? Anyone have any updates? I understand patience is a virtue but this is getting ridiculous

NO - I've been at #4 for just about two weeks now 😞

Apples1998
I plan to stick around
I moved yesterday 22 in line to 21 and I’m still waiting, I have been waiting since the beginning of September this is so outrageous I’m never ordering from Rogers again after I get my watch.

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

Anyone complaining about wait times need to realize this isn't rogers fault. It's all a supply issue and is out of rogers hands. Once they get stock it's pretty much shipped out the next day.

Apples1998
I plan to stick around
True they should’ve made a lot more this was a huge drop