Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

I dropped from 10 to 4 on Thursday last week for 40mm silver, but my spot hasn't moved sinceSmiley Sad

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jer78

What they are saying is correct. You are pricing it off as its a huge amount of money they are charging but YOU as a customer are also responsible to do your own research as many have done. Many seen this and either accepted it or left and got it from Apple.

The 3 months free comes off each month for the next 3 months ($10 off). They don't apply it as it does it on its own when th line opens.( Something you and the agent didn't know). It states it in the website and all 3 carriers are offering this since last year ( Bell and Telus last year and Rogers this year).

All in all I think it all got out of hand however no one is causing any type of " abuse" here as u claim. They are correction you on the misinformation given out.

Take care!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jer78 i'm not riled up at all just stating facts for other ppl to read that might be helpful. You will find after you get taxed from apple (as 689 is not including tax) it will be about $40 more not $80+. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jer78 the 44mm is $729 through rogers

$40 difference on the 44mm

$30 difference on the 40mm

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Last week I moved from 34 to 10 and then at the beginning of the week I moved from 10 to 7 and no movement since. Still ‘open’. I was quite surprised at the lack of movement yesterday as the middle to end of week seems to be when they do a big shipment. I was really hoping in having it next week. It will be a great Christmas present to myself at this rate LOL
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I reserved a watch about 1 month ago
I think the last week in September.
My deposit was taken and I was awarded a place of somewhere above 900 in position
In the 4 +- weeks I’ve come down to 259 in line

Are other people starting with high places in line receiving their watch

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Ripley1 I ordered the 44mm Grey on Sept 24, and was 885. Im 97 now, so there is hope lol
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The way I look at it, personally..
Watch is 679. Which will be $768 after tax.(from apple)

I’ve already dropped $500 on two new iPhone upgrades this year. So I don’t feel like paying this all at once.

So.
If Rogers are going to charge $30 a month, plus a $10 for the LTE connection, plus tax, that means the watch will run you $1085 when paid off monthly over 24 months.

I can see people being up in arms about giving Rogers an extra $317 ($1085 - $768) for no reason... but, that’s financing ya’ll. It’s the same way I bought my car. You spend a little more at the end but don’t break the bank off the hop.

And for me. I take that $317, and in my mind, I split that up over 24 months. So technically, the extra money you’re paying in financing is really only $13 extra a month. — (Plus. They give you a $10 a month credit over the next three months, which will ‘help erase’ the activation fee on the new line)

Hope that helps clarify anything for people who need a breakdown of the plan.

(Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Made it from 309 to 45. Still waiting patiently 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered Apple Watch 4 44mm space grey, and it said back in September I was 111 in position now I’ve dropped to 21 as of today’s date. I’m really hoping I get mine soon...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Tho if you bought from Apple your still paying the $10 LTE so the difference is much smaller than $317