Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qbvbsite1
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

@Jer78 What do you mean your paying $365 more going this route? The only difference is $30-$40 over buying it outright from apple but you also get 3 free months so it pretty much works out. Regardless where you buy it your paying tax for the device. When I got my device it's exactly what they said it would be $28 a month plus $10 a month for the plan (which adds 1 GB of data to the line).  The monthly plan cost is also the same across all carriers.

DannyOnThat
I Plan to Stick Around

And this is on topic HOW???
nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

LOL @ comparing the cost of the device only with the cost of the device PLUS 2 years of service

Rogers is charging $30-40 more for the device only, but you also get to pay it off over 2 years.  In my opinion the 3 months free covers the $30 activation fee.  So net, you can consider the $30-40 as interest over the 2 years.  Not the worst deal in the world.  

Or people can just buy direct from Apple and activate the smartwatch line on Rogers.  

Jer78
I've Been Here Awhile

@qbvbsite1 obviously you didn’t read well. Rogers website displays add another line (iPad cellular counts as one so why wouldn’t the Apple Watch) and save $10. Anyways, my misunderstanding and I decided not to go this route. Good news for you and why I posted is if you want a 44mm silver go get my preorder. You can keep it classy and just say thank you! Have a great day everyone! 🙂
Missamanda_k
I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone move spots last night? I moved three spots at the beginning of the week but not the usual big jump. I’m so close yet so far
qbvbsite1
I Plan to Stick Around

I read just fine tyvm, you stated rogers was charging you an extra $300+ when in fact they were not and regardless where you buy the watch it's going to be the same. I believe the difference with the iPad vs the phone is the iPad is it's own line where the Watch shares your existing line. Only visually on there website it looks like a 3rd line which they really should fix this to eliminate confusion.

Sendtovadim
I Plan to Stick Around

I moved 6 or 7 spots since last week. This is very disappointing. I thought this week was the week I’ll finally get it
JeremyB
I Plan to Stick Around

e Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

I’m sure I should be getting mine any day now. I’m at 578. I’ve dropped 22 spots in over a week. It will be a nice Christmas gift to myself when I finally get it. Lol
qbvbsite1
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: e Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

There was one week most models dropped but my 40mm SG didn't. Then the next week I dropped right into In Processing from 167.

Jer78
I've Been Here Awhile

@qbvbsite1. Actually the iPad isn’t considered a line either according to Rogers when you talk to them but on the website it is, that’s the confusion Rogers is creating. I also wasn’t offered 3 months free or any bonuses. The 44mm is $769 through Rogers and at Apple it is $689 so it’s also not $30-$40 more expensive but rather $80. For me, it’s just not worth the added cost for having cellular and that was my point. It wasn’t intended to get anyone riled up. It was more to post there is one available at a store. But being helpful rarely pays off in these forums you just yourself a subject to abuse. If someone was waiting for weeks but knew they could pick one up immediately shouldn’t that be considered helpful? Anyways no more point reasoning my case here.