cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

@mangobug

I had a similar issue, with my cellular not working. I end up contacting Rogers through chat and they guided me through what to do to get it working, basically a lot of resetting on their part and then un-pairing/pairing and turning the devices off and on, on mine . The cellular does need a good LTE connection to work and the watch will try to use bluetooth or wifi first. I've only used 436 KB of cellular data on the watch so far and all of that usage was from testing the cellular after my chat with Rogers.

Mind you the chat with Rogers was a long frustrating one, (about two and a half hours) but I'm happy my cellular works now.

Mine shipped out the 12th and no updates from the store.

I've called asking if they got their UPS delivery and the response I always get is we will call you when it's ready. This is in midtown Toronto area.

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@ashley-621 I did go through the live chat agent last midnight. It was as slow as painstaking as you describe it to be. For a moment I felt as if my cellular is back (and I swear it was), but afterwards it totally lost connection to the point after unpairing the rogers window won't load. I might call them once more today. Sighh. 

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@mangobug you shouldn't have unpaired the cellular plan from the watch.

All you needed to do to fix that 'not in use' error was have Rogers RE-REGISTER both your iPhone and Apple watch lines.  The registration probably failed on their backend server when you originally added the smartwatch plan.  

Now that you don't have a cellular plan connected to your watch, you'll still need them to re-register the watch and iPhone lines and after they do this you'll have to go through the activation process again.  When you login to your rogers account through the watch app, it should give you the option to select your existing smartwatch number, add your 911 address data and you should be up and running.  

Under cellular on the watch app, I'm assuming you don't have the rogers plan as 'not in use' anymore correct?

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 yes you are correct it says not in use. Even when it was in use, it was not showing a cellular connection. 

nasa25

@mangobug did you get them to re-register both the apple watch and iPhone lines?

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 yes according to the sales reps, they did it. I don't know the mechanics of it, just their word. 

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

Just picked up my SG 40mm and the process was painless and was in and out in 15 minutes. Loving the new watch 🙂

Shari2
I've been around
Hi there,
When you picked up your watch, did you pay anything at the store? Or will it be all on first bill?

atif_kaloodi
I plan to stick around
What would be the apple watch plan? I know it has 1 Gb Data but how about calling? Say if i left my phone home and went to the gym or outside made few calls how would that be count? And how to check data usuage?

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @atif_kaloodi

If you have a unlimited calling plan then you won't be charged for minutes. If you have a set amount of minutes per month then the watch will use those minutes as well ( since it uses the same number as ur phone).

Checking data go into the watch app - general - usage

It should show you all that information there!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Shari2

As reported by others. You don't pay anything at the store. The taxes and connection fee are billed on your next invoice.

beeching
I've been around
I just picked up my silver 40mm watch yesterday and the process was very simple! Rep got the watch from the back, set up all the paperwork, went through all the details and what I would see on my next bill and that was it. He gave me the option of opening the watch in the store or at home and did not require me to activate it in store.

Silverlight85
I'm here a lot

It's Thursday! has anyone's status changed yet???

I just checked and I haven’t moved yet. I think last week was around super time for me when things started to happen

Jer78
I've been here awhile

If anyone wants my 44mm silver that lives in the Ottawa area feel free to contact the Kanata 700 Eagleson store. I’m not going to pay $80+ tax more for the privilege of buying through Rogers than driving to me Apple Store. Not to mention the fact that Rogers is extremely misleading when advertising on my account “add a third line and get $10 off”. Since I only have 1 phone line, my iPad shows as the second line, it’s reasonable to conclude adding cellular Apple Watch qualifies. Nope. In total I’d be paying $365 + tax over 2 years more by going this route. Not would ever be worth it to anyone but to each their own. My pre-order is now up for grabs. Bye Rogers. Thanks for wasting 3 weeks of my time with this preorder nonsense.

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

@Jer78 What do you mean your paying $365 more going this route? The only difference is $30-$40 over buying it outright from apple but you also get 3 free months so it pretty much works out. Regardless where you buy it your paying tax for the device. When I got my device it's exactly what they said it would be $28 a month plus $10 a month for the plan (which adds 1 GB of data to the line).  The monthly plan cost is also the same across all carriers.

DannyOnThat
I plan to stick around
And this is on topic HOW???

nasa25

LOL @ comparing the cost of the device only with the cost of the device PLUS 2 years of service

Rogers is charging $30-40 more for the device only, but you also get to pay it off over 2 years.  In my opinion the 3 months free covers the $30 activation fee.  So net, you can consider the $30-40 as interest over the 2 years.  Not the worst deal in the world.  

Or people can just buy direct from Apple and activate the smartwatch line on Rogers.  

Jer78
I've been here awhile
@qbvbsite1 obviously you didn’t read well. Rogers website displays add another line (iPad cellular counts as one so why wouldn’t the Apple Watch) and save $10. Anyways, my misunderstanding and I decided not to go this route. Good news for you and why I posted is if you want a 44mm silver go get my preorder. You can keep it classy and just say thank you! Have a great day everyone! 🙂

Missamanda_k
I plan to stick around
Did anyone move spots last night? I moved three spots at the beginning of the week but not the usual big jump. I’m so close yet so far