Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

@Nishanthan good point.  

That was one of the issues I had thought about as well.  People trying to update to iOS 12 in store LOL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey all, so I got my watch today. It took the rogers center reps literally an hour to add it to my account. Once done he had told me this is 1+1 meaning I would get 2 gigs of data, however, in the rogers app I could no where see that. Also once when home and I paired my watch with my phone, I got an error saying cellular not setup. I have tried but my cellular is not connected. What have I done wrong during the setup that cellular isn't working? Also I haven't put any sim inside my watch, as I know it already comes with an inbuilt sim.

I Plan to Stick Around

Reboot your phone and watch. Ensure both are on the latest OS. Run the set up again.

Have you tried that?

Good to hear you have your watch!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys, my cellular is still not working. In my iPhone when I go in iWatch-> My Watch -> Cellular -> I see Rogers as a plan but "Not in use". Later I unpaired my device and tried again. The step where I was supposed to setup cellular services threw an error WS300. I cannot proceed now. Anyone who saw such a problem? 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@mangobug

I had a similar issue, with my cellular not working. I end up contacting Rogers through chat and they guided me through what to do to get it working, basically a lot of resetting on their part and then un-pairing/pairing and turning the devices off and on, on mine . The cellular does need a good LTE connection to work and the watch will try to use bluetooth or wifi first. I've only used 436 KB of cellular data on the watch so far and all of that usage was from testing the cellular after my chat with Rogers.

Mind you the chat with Rogers was a long frustrating one, (about two and a half hours) but I'm happy my cellular works now.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mine shipped out the 12th and no updates from the store.

I've called asking if they got their UPS delivery and the response I always get is we will call you when it's ready. This is in midtown Toronto area.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ashley-621 I did go through the live chat agent last midnight. It was as slow as painstaking as you describe it to be. For a moment I felt as if my cellular is back (and I swear it was), but afterwards it totally lost connection to the point after unpairing the rogers window won't load. I might call them once more today. Sighh. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mangobug you shouldn't have unpaired the cellular plan from the watch.

All you needed to do to fix that 'not in use' error was have Rogers RE-REGISTER both your iPhone and Apple watch lines.  The registration probably failed on their backend server when you originally added the smartwatch plan.  

Now that you don't have a cellular plan connected to your watch, you'll still need them to re-register the watch and iPhone lines and after they do this you'll have to go through the activation process again.  When you login to your rogers account through the watch app, it should give you the option to select your existing smartwatch number, add your 911 address data and you should be up and running.  

Under cellular on the watch app, I'm assuming you don't have the rogers plan as 'not in use' anymore correct?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 yes you are correct it says not in use. Even when it was in use, it was not showing a cellular connection. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mangobug did you get them to re-register both the apple watch and iPhone lines?