Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

I feel so bad for everyone that is still waiting! I cancelled all my families pre orders a week or so ago. I’ve been loyal to Rogers for over 10 years and all people want is updates and the truth. If it’s a supply issues tell us, if it’s something you CAN control but something messed up just tell us!

Everyday I called stores & reps on the phone and got mixed answers, not good from a large business like Rogers.

Ended up buying 2 AW S4 out right at Apple, they had plenty. Now 2 less things to owe Rogers money for so it’ll be a bit easier to leave one day. I get FULL bars with freedom mobile LTE in my house and 1-2 W/Rogers lol.
I've Been Here Awhile

So you're using your Apple Watch on LTE with Freedom Mobile?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anybody see this promo on the rogers site? Maybe this is their indirect way of making up for the wait..

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 1.24.33 PM.png

I Plan to Stick Around

I was looking at the activation thread this morning and it seems that a lot of people are still having issues with activation and error codes. Would it be safe to assume that there is a possibility they are limiting the number of watches shipped on preorder based on this. I haven’t heard of other carriers having similar problems and from my understanding, Those who purchase outright from Apple are having better success with activation on the Rogers network. There are some people who are still having issues even when purchasing outright and the problem seems to be the Rogers network and connection issues.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aspect22  I can't see your link

Is it the upgrade to an iPhone 8 or newer and an Apple watch and get a $250 bill credit you're referring to?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Most likely this. What your saying!.

" In-store only: Activate or upgrade to an iPhone 7 or higher on a 2-year Share Everything plan1 and get $250 off when you bundle it with an Apple Watch or iPad (6th Generation).2

Plus, you get 2 GB data bonus with your iPhone activation3 and 1 GB data bonus with your iPad or AppleWatch"

" $250 discount available with activation of iPhone 7,, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X or newer on a 2- year Share Everything plan with an iPad 32GB or 128GB (6th Generation) when purchased via Easy Pay or on no-term and activated as a new additional line for $10/month on a Share Everything plan.

$250 discount available with purchase of Apple Watch Series 3 or 4 with activation of iPhone 7 or newer on a 2-year Share Everything plan. Discount is applied to customer’s account as a one time bill credit within the next 2-3 billing cycles. Once you activate your smartwatch service, it will be free of monthly service fees for the first 3 months, after which time service will automatically be billed at the current rate. Regular monthly service fees (currently, $10/month per user) plus applicable taxes will apply after initial period, unless cancelled earlier."

It says " or newer" but doesn't specify any of the Xs or Xs Max models. Either way if anyone did activate it before this promotion I don't think it will let them get thag $250. Rogers is known for this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes that’s the one @nasa25 and @Meowmix
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thx guys

I Plan to Stick Around

okay one more person dropped off the queue. I am at 65 now. 

I'm Here A Lot

After spending an hour on the phone the answer I got was they are on backorder, and Rogers doesn’t have a estimated time frame as to when they will be in!! Very unprofessional on Rogers part. The best offer they had was to buy it outright from the Apple store and then when I’m ready I can add it to my plan...... the reason I preorder was to have it on release (3weeks on Rogers preorder ad) not to be waiting weeks or months with no answers.