cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Johndrftzz
I plan to stick around

you should get it roughly the same time the apple watch 9 comes out.

how the heck are you 825?? what watch did you order?

i am 135 on a silver 44mm that i order last week. went from 150-135 then have not moved a spot since thursday.

Nishanthan
I plan to stick around
probably 4-5 weeks

Missamanda_k
I plan to stick around
My assumption is Apple may give them x amount per week until sales with Apple slow down. I moved 30 spots last week and haven’t moved since. It’s really testing my patience now. I understand it’s new and everyone wants one but it’s nuts to wait forever with no explanation

Jdtc
I'm here a lot
I just want to give everyone hope. I ordered the gold 40mm and was 56 when I reserved on the 15th of September. I slowly progressed to 24 over 2+ weeks. Last Thursday, October 4 my status went to progress. By 12am it was shipped. The store called me at 7pm October 5 informing me it was in. I picked it up Sunday the 7th and I was in and out in 30 minutes. They just had to activate a new line and you set everything up at home ie syncing it.
I did NOT have to pay the tax in store or any fee for that matter. I did have to call in about adding a line as I now have 7 lines on my plan soon to be 8 when my husband gets his 44mm silver watch. That has not progressed at he’s holding steady at 11 for 8 days now.
Another piece of information that I was told and have seen other asking about: Rogers is not selling them to the public. You have to add it to your plan through “financing” and it has to be preordered, they are not receiving extras for on the floor. Hope I was able to help some people 🙂

Johndrftzz
I plan to stick around

Seems like nobody has them in at all now. a few weeks ago Telus had them in stock and so did the Apple store. ON the weekend there were still some silver nike watches available and now there is none. 

Apple is listing availability as Nov 14 so I wondering how many they will be allocating to the carriers as they cant even keep them in stock in their own stores.

Awww - I have been sitting at 10 for 40mm silver for almost a week now so this is a little discouraging 😞

Nishanthan
I plan to stick around
they get shipped every wednesday night/thursday night 🙂

mangobug
I plan to stick around
Is that just a trend you are referring to or are certain?

Nishanthan
I plan to stick around
for the last two weeks i have been bounced down at least 120 numbers every wednesday or thursday night.

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

Not the 40mm Space Grey... Been stuck in 163-170 for the past 2 weeks. Only have one move of 70 spots and then nothing other then cancellations since then.

stjamieson
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know how long it takes for rogers to add a line to your account?

I got the call last Friday that my watch was in, and when I went in to pick it up on Saturday (oct 6), they had to add another line to my account. The store associate called in and they said the line was there but every time they try adding it in store, they keep getting an error.

The rep in the store mentioned that the two systems talk to each other but sometimes don't sync up right away. I went back in on Sunday and it still wasn't working. I'm going to try again tonight, however not hopeful at all.

All I want to be able to take the thing home with me

ashley-621
I'm here a lot

My 40mm Gold watch shipped out late Thursday night last week and I finally got the call to pick it up today. It was the first cellular watch my local store had ever tried to setup, and I ended up leaving the store without the cellular fully activated as it kept giving an error message even after saying the cellular setup was successful. Turns out that the watch itself and my phone both needed an update, once I got home and did both of the updates the cellular connected perfectly fine.

DannyOnThat
I plan to stick around

That my friend is a LOAD OF GARBAGE!!! The associate at the St. Laurent Mall here in Ottawa did/said the same thing... So I investigated going to other Rogers stores with the paperwork, calling Rogers, going to the Apple Store, and calling apple. All this took 6.5 hours. All this to to say the associate royally messed up the activation in the computer when doing the activation and apparently only he he can undo it!!! Guess where I'm going back too this morning when the store opens! Cant fix it this morning... I'm simply going too return it.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@DannyOnThat sorry to hear that the associate messed up the activation.  

Rogers should really put out an internal bulletin to inform these guys of EXACTLY how to add the watch and the watch plan to customer accounts without messing it up.  

All these shenanigans makes me thankful that I went with my gut and just kept my AW3 connected to an LTE plan and grabbed the wifi only AW4.  I didn't feel like tempting fate when it took a good 9 days to get my AW3 connected.  

I had the same issue wasted 6 hours of my time at the Rogers store. Finally got fed up and just bought the watch outright. The Rogers associate was trying to pull a fast one I think so he could sell it to someone else or keep it to him self.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@rossvw lol I feel your pain.

The store rep couldn't just add the watch to your account and set up the easy pay and have you activate it at home I guess?   That's what I'd have pushed for.  Ideally they should just be able to scan in the device into the system and tag it to your account, set up the easy pay and allow you to leave with the watch unopened.  Then you'd be able to pair it to your iPhone and set up cellular at your leisure.  I guess they want to make sure that you actually set up the cellular plan on your watch.....

Sendtovadim
I plan to stick around
Rogers are slow for no reason and they can’t explain why. Every other major carrier already have it in stock, at least in my area, including apple store, and I have moved 2 places in the last week.

Hello. Did you get this problem solved? I’m having the exact same issue at the store level. The store had tried everything to add my Apple Watch 4 to my account. We haven’t even opened to box of the watch yet (couldn’t get past this step).

DannyOnThat
I plan to stick around
No still not resolved yet. Simply unreal the level of incompetence at Rogers right now regarding the Apple Watch. Rogers wonders why they have so many angry customers regarding this. If I hear one more time "its a system glitch" when its clearly a mistake done by the associate I think I'll loose it!!! What i don't think I have ever said in these forums is that I was a Regional Manager for Bell/Virgin Mobile for 8 years before retiring. I'm NOT just some smuck talking out of my hat!!! Get you're act together Rogers!!! I have not a single contract with you on my 5 lines, so easy to leave... Think about it!!!

Johndrftzz
I plan to stick around

post in the activations thread and you will get better answers.

this is the pre-order thread and its going off the rails a bit

Johndrftzz
I plan to stick around

it's pretty sad @DannyOnThat

hard to believe really. its virtually impossible to get an answer and when you do every rep seems to give a different one