cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

aawong
I plan to stick around

is it overnight shipping? my store is located in Mississauga Ontario?

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@aawong what I have read on this forum, the store peeps aren't calling to let the customers know. Best that you are proactive and call the store to check. 

prakaash
I've been here awhile

@aawong i remember reading in the same forum that , Rogers shipped on Sunday and made sure it is available at the store on Monday the very next day as you said

mangobug
I plan to stick around

Don't like to complain but "Hey Rogers, my fitbit band is going to break any minute now, I really need my watch" Smiley Very Happy

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@Sendtovadim it's a massive difference screen real estate wise

The 40mm screen is pretty much the exact same size as my 42mm AW3.  The 44mm screen is something like 30% bigger than the 42mm screen from AW3 and before.  

So overall the 44mm has about 30% more screen real estate than the 40mm.  I can feel a noticeable difference in size when I wear my AW4 44mm compared to my AW3 42mm.  And the 44mm AW4 is basically like 80% more screen real estate than the 38mm from AW3 and prior. 

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 How does the 44mm feel over the 42mm? also how big is your wrist? I personally think the 40mm would look better based on the compare sizes on the Apple Store app. 

nasa25

@qbvbsite1 the 44mm case is noticeably taller than the 42mm case.  Width wise it's the same so that the 42mm bands can be used on 44mm cases (and 38mm bands on 40mm cases).  

I have small wrists and was rocking an OG 38mm Apple watch since launch in 2015.  About 3 weeks ago I got the Nike 42mm AW3 and last week got an AW4 44mm lol.  I know....I went nuts on the apple watches lol.  

My advice...if you want the watch to look like a traditional watch, get the 40mm.  If you want the watch to look like a piece of tech/computer strapped to your wrist get the 44mm.   The screen on the 44mm basically covers my entire wrist from top to bottom lol

Apple Watch

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 awesome man, thanks for the insight :).... i'll stick with the 40mm reservation (even tho it hasn't moved much over the past week lol). I really wanted the Nike one just for the band but rather do the monthly payments via rogers. I do wish Rogers had the SS version as I wouldn't mind the extra $$$ per month.

nasa25

@qbvbsite1

no worries.  check out the massive image i just posted LOL

edit - for some reason i post an image and the whole post gets randomly deleted a minute later.   Oh well.  

qbvbsite1
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 I see the image now, and i think with the 40mm will be much better for me. Tho the 44mm is a beautiful screen.

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 hey nice band. Where did you get this one? 

nasa25

@mangobug

That’s me stunting on a budget lol. It’s a fulmosa red leather band off amazon. Costs about $20.

I went through one of these every 6 months with my 38mm. Wearing it every day takes its toll. But it’s an excellent quality band and I’ll gladly replace it twice a year because it beats spending hundreds on an Apple leather band

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CKTQ3B8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 What's the quality like compared to the original sports band that came with this? I think I will be doing the same thing

nasa25

@mangobug it's an excellent quality leather band but the section with the notches gets worn over time as the leather constantly bends.    The original sports band that came with my watch (light pink sports band) is standard Apple quality.  Good band and lasts forever because it's rubber.   I have a ton of those sports bands from my 38mm watch (black, red, white, nike volt, etc) and wore them for sports and working out.  But that red leather band was my first love.  

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 that's great, thanks I think I will be doing the same ONCE when I receive the watch. 

aawong
I plan to stick around

I understand you need to take out a 10 dollar smartwatch plan with the new apple watch 4. But if i decide i don't need the LTE function can i cancel the plan after a few months?

I know the watch is on contract for 24 months and i can't obviously cancel that but can i cancel just the 10 dollar smartwatch plan? 

Sorry for asking again if this has been covered before in this forum.

nasa25
No the 24 month financing is contingent on you having the watch activated on the network for the entire 24 months. If you cancel the plan you’d have to repay the remaining amount due on the watch.

RobertBoulos
I've been here awhile
Did you manage to get the cellular connection going ? Did you get a green antenna ?

RobertBoulos
I've been here awhile
Well on my end it hasn’t been working since day one.

They can’t seem to be able to connect the mobile network to the watch. All is working except that I’m not able to get a green antenna even though I went through all the motions with Rogers and Apple

Ducker
I plan to stick around
Well, upon further consideration I decided to change my plan and skip the wait. Just canceled my Rogers pre-order...I was at #126 when I canceled just now (originally 380 I think).
Checked stock at my local Apple store yesterday and low-and-behold...they had the watch I wanted.
The $30/month option was appealing for sure, but I didn’t really need an LTE watch, and the more I thought about it the more I realized it was the wrong choice for me. I’m coming from the original Watch (bought in June 2015).
Was able to Reserve and Pick Up a 44mm SG with black sports band. Bigger up front cost of course, but will save the Rogers mark-up...and the $240/year I didn’t really want for LTE.

The watch is gorgeous. HUGE upgrade from my gen 1 watch in terms of performance, and the screen is spectacular.
I LOVE the size too. It doesn’t look or feel any bigger on my wrist, but the much larger OLED is stunning to look at.

Juls88
I've been around
How long do you think I need to wait to receive my watch my position it’s 825 😕