Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Ok, so just to respond to that, first, there’s no slack being given to Rogers, period! Second, ship to home was not available for iPhone and certainly not for the watch that they hadn’t even taken stock of yet either. Third, the watch isn’t new territory for Rogers. I was unable to upgrade at launch, on a reserved pre order, with Rogers, after nearly 20 years. There’s 2 other extremely huge carriers that launched e-sim almost 2 years ago, and there’s plenty of data to help Rogers get  in gear.  Thank you for your opinions, and they are all appreciated. I think at this point, Rogers has just soured the relationship beyond repair

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to make a general post on where we stand, there’s been quite a lot of activity on this thread.

Updates - Seems to be quite a bit of movement for the 40mm watches, to my knowledge less movement on the 44MM especially the Gold. There has been activation issues for some but may be resolved now..

To anyone posting about receiving your AW S4 could you please mention if you received from Rogers or somewhere else and the model you ordered, it helps all of us out 🙂

I’m sitting at 18 “OPEN” for our Silver 44MM and 27 “OPEN” for our 44 Grey.

I live in Hamilton Ontario and the 5 Rogers stores around me haven’t received any stock.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rokstar

Just want to correct you. I ran all the reservation and pre order threads here. Indeed Rogers had the iPhone Xs for pre orders ship to home. You are welcome to visit my thread and see any did it. Maybe you didn't know but it was and still is available.

The watch it's not available because the same with Bell and Telus. If you doing financing they want you to goto the store and pick it up. That's how it works or all 3 carriers. That's why it snot offered for ship to home.

Just wanted to fix that. Everything else I agree with.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rokstar

I agree with your frustration but the watch IS new territory to Rogers. I can 99.9% guarantee you that almost everyone at Rogers save a very very very few higher ups did not know about this watch launch/watch support until the day it was announced or immediately before then. Apple doesn’t allow anybody and everybody access to what they classify as secret information.

So you have this activation debacle caused by two main reasons:

1. Customer support/techs/almost everyone at Rogers learning on the fly about how to diagnose and solve problems related to the Watch activation.
2. Seems like Rogers did a pretty terrible job beta testing the system. Or it could point back to point #1....not enough people knew about the launch to get a large enough sample size to properly beta test the system.
3. Rogers just doesn’t spend money to make sure things go smoothly day 1. Look at almost every iPhone launch when the activation servers crash. They could make their server system more robust but they don’t because the incremental cost of doing that is not worth it to them. Guess they’d rather their customers suffer a bit initially.

Look...I spent like 9 days trying to get my Apple Watch up and running. So I’ve been through some severe punishment. But I know there’s not much we can do other than to accept it or look elsewhere. Rogers isn’t going to spend the money to make sure things go smoothly day 1. They’re just not going to.

Also, re: the watch reservations, I have no idea why things are so slow. I can only speculate it’s a combination of lack of stock (Rogers shipped a ton more 40s than 44s and the stock situation is the EXACT same with Apple - tons of 40s, very few 44s) as well we perhaps holding back on the bulk of shipments until the activation system is at least semi operational.

From a customer perspective though, I agree with you. We shouldn’t really have to care what it takes for Rogers to get it right. Things should just be done right day 1. I don’t know if that’ll ever happen though.

I Plan to Stick Around

Omg! I just got a shipping confirmation from Rogers!! Finally, maybe Monday or Tuesday I’ll have it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yay!
What colour and size also what position are you in?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@dustonf

It’s the 44mm space grey. I was 162 when I preorded the day of the announcement. Then I dropped to 30 right before the release date and was stuck there until yesterday when I switched to in progress.
I Plan to Stick Around

Happy for you but I’m confused.. I started around 40 when I pre ordered! I’m at 27 and still “OPEN”. I’m in Hamilton Ontario, you?
I Plan to Stick Around

Got shipping notification. 44 Silver, I was #3. 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Nice!! Looks like Rogers is getting it together 🙂