Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashley-621
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

148 to 126 for 40mm Gold 

nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I’ve decided I’m all in on the silver 44mm Nike edition. Ordering from Apple. Technically it’s not out until October 5th so I won’t feel so bad having my watch soooo late because it’s not even out yet LOL

luvboatcapn
I Plan to Stick Around

I paid nothing upfront in the store. She showed me that I would need to pay the taxes in store and I referenced the community forums and that I had read about other users having it added to their next bill. She didn’t really discuss it any further...I guess she had the ability to do that at the till and that’s what she did. It wasn’t an issue...I was willing to pay them then and there to get my wife’s watch home to her quick as possible but it just got pushed to the next bill so that was a nice plus as my bill just rolled over on the 21st.
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can anyone that has has LTE service on both a series 3 and 4 comment on connectivity lag?

Seems like it takes a good 30-60 seconds for my series 3 to connect to LTE once it’s out of range of my iPhone or wifi. It just has a red x and says disconnected for that time. I’m curious if the series 4 has that kind of lag.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

I had the same issue with my 3 on Telus. It seems like its happening to many ( on some making commends on the Apple forums). On my 4 it takes 10 second and it connects most of the times.
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix thanks for the confirmation.

LTE works really well on my series 3, just that lag is a bit annoying lol. Good to hear that the series 4 solves most of the lag issue.

Mom74
I'm Here A Lot

I've moved yay! #9 to #1 today...in Vic b.c
dustonf
I Plan to Stick Around

Awesome!
I’m at 18 for spacey grey 44 & 18 for 44 silver
rokstar
I've Been Here Awhile

I started as number 35, went to 10, now it’s in progress. ROGERS screwed my upgrade at the Apple store and caused me to have to go to the Rogers store. Took forever for them to set my iPhone Xs up, then they actually lied to me and said a Rogers rep was at the Apple store all day. How’s that? I was there at 8am for launch, and spent 2 hours trying to upgrade before they told me, without the Rogers rep, I need to go to the Rogers store. I’m done with Rogers, if not when the Apple Watch activation issues start, then it will be if it takes more than 3 more days to get this stupid watch. Come on Rogers. Stop sucking
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rokstar I sympathize with you

My advice would be do ship to home from now on.  That way you just get the phone delivered to you, pop your existing sim in and you're good to go

As for the watch, yeah it sucks that shipments have been slow.  I can only assume that's partly due to the activation issues but it seems like shipments are starting to pick up a bit.

Also re: watch activation issues....I cut rogers like 5% slack just because it's a new line of business for them.  Seems like everyone at rogers (save a select few) were blindsided by this launch.  Most had like days notice that they would be supporting the watch and were learning on the fly.  

Takeaways for Rogers:

1. Start your beta testing LONG before launch.  Spend the money to beta test properly and maintain happy customers

2. Improve your internal communication and training.  Let people within your company know well in advance of these kinds of launches (albeit might be hard because Apple LOVES to make sure people keep tight lipped about any new products or launches and probably dictates communication timelines)