cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@Meowmix nice.

I'm probably going to pass on the AC+ for my AW4.  I'll only be using it at work.  But I might change my mind lol

My AW3 will be used for home/sports.  Due to the fact that it'll be in MUCH more dangerous situations I'm trying to get AC+ on my AW3.  Purchased it open box at Best Buy and since the first owner activated it more than 60 days ago, apple won't let me get AC+.  But I'm fighting with Best Buy to get Apple to change the sell date.  We shall see...

I agree though, AC+ on the watch and phone are pretty much a necessity.  

Jennitav
I've been around
Are the watches finally shipping yet ??

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

They can't change the date since it's already been used and passed the original 60 days. Unfortunately Best Buy management can't do much. I know the as someone last year tried doing it with a AW2. Apple submitted a email to all locations saying if a customer buys a open box watch or iPhone, it wouldn't be eligible to work for AppleCare unless its below the 60 original days of purchase.

So unfortunately you may not end up getting it :(.

In all to each their own but we both agree on, AC+ is a value for both the watch and phone. If you beak the glass on the watch or scratch it ( many tests show now that glass on the AW4 is the same as the AW3) then without AC+ you will be paying a hefty few for replace.

Especially like mine which is stainless steel model lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jennitav

Only a few had theirs shipped out since launch. Most if not all are still waiting in OPEN status.

nasa25

@Meowmix thanks for the info on the Best Buy AC+...Apple straight up refused to sell it to me after I escalated it.  I guess I'm not holding my breath for Best Buy to have any luck lol

Also just thinking out loud....it actually makes zero sense for me to get the AW4 LTE version through rogers.  Truth be told I really only need LTE when I'm playing sports/on runs/away from my iPhone.  And in those situations I'd be using my Nike version AW3

Makes so much more sense for me to just get the gps only AW4 direct through Apple and cancel my reservation.  Plus I'd save $192 compared to what I'd pay rogers....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Might as well do that then. Saves you money and you already have a LTE model AWS3.

In my opinion? Just get the GPS model and you don't need to wait any longer

nasa25

@Meowmix yeah I've been trying to figure out how to work things so that I can get both the LTE AW3 and AW4 but since I can't have two LTE watches connected to the same iPhone, it really ruins my plans lol. 

No point in using a Nike (sports) AW at work and a normal non Nike version AW for sports LOL

jeff27
I plan to stick around
I just went h. The store at Yonge and loot and they said they get 5 at a time, and have already gotten some. Surprised because I’m #6 on a 44 space grey and it hasn’t moved.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeff27

Then why not get one while u were there? You could have easily gotten one and cancelled the reservation. Unless you rather wait.

Auntiero
I plan to stick around
@nasa25
Once they added the line I was able to inbox myself and set it up myself, truthfully I would rather open it at the store in case any issues. I didn’t want to have to make my way back there.
I had an audience...the store wasn’t busy so all the reps were around watching and having a look lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yeah it seems to be a limitation from Apple as well. Carriers will only allow 1 watch connected to your phone via cellular at a time. Apple sent our a email to a few people I know regarding this and they have suggested carriers to only allow one at a time.

@jeff27 I just spent an hour on the phone being bounced back and forth between csr and the store, both ends saying they had no idea what the shipping delay issue was and that they were not being given any information.

I asked to speak to a manager, and when he answered, he told me the reason no watches are being shipped is because of the Typhoon.  He also stated they have absolutely no idea when they will be receiving them.

My friend who is with Bell ordered same day as me and got his on launch day, with financing through the store.

nasa25

@Auntiero lol nice!

nasa25

@Meowmix yup.  With the handoff feature (where you can switch between watches linked to the same phone) it's a shame that there isn't a way to just use two LTE watches on the same phone (as opposed to two GPS only or one LTE and one GPS only)

nasa25

@jimmyjam67

lol @ the Typhoon excuse

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jimmyjam67

Yea that's a excuse now they are using. lol. Poor excuse but what else can they say.

I didn't even have to order it. With Telus all I did was walk in and get one at launch. Although I did ask the store management to put one aside.

She got Yorkdale stock and Yorkdale got STC stock. Haha. So i ended up getting the Stainless steel model and another 2 before me switched from the sport to that one. So we ended up taking her whole Apple Watch Series 4 Stainless Steel 44Mm Milanese Loop cellular Stock on financing. Because of it she offered al 3 of is 20% off on an iPhone Xs or Xs Max cases. Ended up getting one and now I have two cases lol.

Nixle32
I plan to stick around

BestBuy.ca has some GPS+Cellular series 4 watches in stock (limited quantities), hurry!

nasa25

I just cancelled my gold 44mm reservation and will be playing the hunt for GPS only version stock game with apple

To everyone below #58 in the gold 44mm queue, smash that like button.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nixle32

Depends on which location but yes they do!

Nick36
I plan to stick around
I just noticed something.. why is Rogers charging us 720$ for a 44mm when it’s 690$ everywhere else?

nasa25

@Nick36

There's a $30 diff on the 40mm and a $40 diff on the 44mm

Profit I guess?????