Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

@atif_kaloodi

If you get it from Best Buy you’ll have to pay full pop up front. Also you can’t get it from bell or Telus if you have a Rogers iPhone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @atif_kaloodi

You could go to Best Buy and get one however you would need to pay full price for it. If you apply for the Best Buy card they could do montly payments for you. Subject to credit evaluation.

Unfortunately you won't be able to use the LTE on Rogers if you get one from let's say Bell or Telus. They strictly have them locked that way.

So you either have a option to get it from Best Buy, Apple or wait for Rogers.
Nick36
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought CRTC said they can’t lock cellphone devices anymore. What’s so different with a watch?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Nick36

Thats only for smartphone and cellphones. Smart watches were never in that catagory.

In the states it's the same with the ATT and Verizon is the same way too. I was reading up on many having this issue in the states and Europe.

I noticed Bell, Rogers and Telus say the same. If you get the watch from them, it can only work on their networks. So don't really know or they are locking them or whatnot. Apple says that the watches are unlocked and should work with anyone. So maybe the Lock the IMEI?
Nevenka13
I'm Here A Lot

When I placed my preorder for the 44 mm gold I was number 81. I have been at number 49 for two days now.

DannyOnThat
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been number 171 for the last 6 days, soooo....
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm just happy to have LTE on my AW3 after a 9 day epic voyage.  

The fact that I'm stuck at #59 (Gold 44mm) for days and days won't get my salty for at least another week (due to my AW3 LTE victory)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

So this was just posted today about the production of the watch.

" Digitimes reports that Apple is now asking its secondary Watch assembler to begin making the Series 4 alongside its existing production of the Series 3.

With Quanta Computer’s capacity for the Apple Watch Series 4 at its factory in Changshu, eastern China fully loaded, the wearable’s second supplier Compal Electronics reportedly will begin mass production of the smartwatch in November 2018, according to industry sources"

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/26/apple-watch-series-4-demand/
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix good to know

I'd imagine that the demand for AW3 is probably quite low given the fact that Apple really didn't discount it that much after the AW4 was launched.  Might as well use that excess capacity to churn out more 4's

aaa11
I'm Here A Lot

It's a technical limitation, since the Apple Watch will have the same number than your iPhone, both devices have to be on the same network since you cannot register the same phone number with another company.