cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Mom74
I'm here a lot
Started at #16 day 1 then dropped to #9 like 4 days later and I've not moved since!😡 First time doing device registration and it will be my last...

DannyOnThat
I plan to stick around
Boy, did Rogers ever drop the ball on this one. First time pre-ordering anything from them... will NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!! No up to date info to their customer... Actually sad!

I wish they would update customers instead of leaving them hanging. I can’t even go anywhere else because bestbuy won’t touch my corporate account.

Along with our number in line, we should get an estimated shipping date or arrival date - something so we have a bloody clue.

Started at #67 for grey 40mm. Now I’m at #21 since Friday.

atif_kaloodi
I plan to stick around

will it take 478 days to get this watch ? its dropping 1 number each day ... can i get the rogers watch from best buy ? its my first watch, or if i have rogers cell phone can i get the watch from bell??

26-09-18.JPG

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@atif_kaloodi

If you get it from Best Buy you’ll have to pay full pop up front. Also you can’t get it from bell or Telus if you have a Rogers iPhone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @atif_kaloodi

You could go to Best Buy and get one however you would need to pay full price for it. If you apply for the Best Buy card they could do montly payments for you. Subject to credit evaluation.

Unfortunately you won't be able to use the LTE on Rogers if you get one from let's say Bell or Telus. They strictly have them locked that way.

So you either have a option to get it from Best Buy, Apple or wait for Rogers.

Nick36
I plan to stick around
I thought CRTC said they can’t lock cellphone devices anymore. What’s so different with a watch?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nick36

Thats only for smartphone and cellphones. Smart watches were never in that catagory.

In the states it's the same with the ATT and Verizon is the same way too. I was reading up on many having this issue in the states and Europe.

I noticed Bell, Rogers and Telus say the same. If you get the watch from them, it can only work on their networks. So don't really know or they are locking them or whatnot. Apple says that the watches are unlocked and should work with anyone. So maybe the Lock the IMEI?

Nevenka13
I'm here a lot

When I placed my preorder for the 44 mm gold I was number 81. I have been at number 49 for two days now.

DannyOnThat
I plan to stick around
I have been number 171 for the last 6 days, soooo....

nasa25

I'm just happy to have LTE on my AW3 after a 9 day epic voyage.  

The fact that I'm stuck at #59 (Gold 44mm) for days and days won't get my salty for at least another week (due to my AW3 LTE victory)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

So this was just posted today about the production of the watch.

" Digitimes reports that Apple is now asking its secondary Watch assembler to begin making the Series 4 alongside its existing production of the Series 3.

With Quanta Computer’s capacity for the Apple Watch Series 4 at its factory in Changshu, eastern China fully loaded, the wearable’s second supplier Compal Electronics reportedly will begin mass production of the smartwatch in November 2018, according to industry sources"

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/26/apple-watch-series-4-demand/

nasa25

@Meowmix good to know

I'd imagine that the demand for AW3 is probably quite low given the fact that Apple really didn't discount it that much after the AW4 was launched.  Might as well use that excess capacity to churn out more 4's

aaa11
I'm here a lot

It's a technical limitation, since the Apple Watch will have the same number than your iPhone, both devices have to be on the same network since you cannot register the same phone number with another company.

jeff27
I plan to stick around

It's Crazy that Rogers gives us no Updates. This is Horrible customer service. 

I have not moved since Friday. No word from anyone and Rogers says they have no idea about anything. 

Capture.PNG

nasa25

@jeff27  you're not going to get an update.  

Best you can do is keep checking the reservation system for movement.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeff27

Truthfully you won't get a update unless somehow Rogers sends out a mass email or says something. Lack of communication is key here.

Its best for you to just keep checking the forums or the reservation you made and hopefully there is more information.

nasa25

To those of you that already picked up your AW4....

did the in store rep let you unbox it and set it up (in store) yourself or did they intervene and commandeer your new Watch and iPhone to attempt the process themselves? 

I can feel my blood pressure raising at the thought of some rep manhandling my iPhone and my new apple watch.  That won't be happening.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

With my carrier they didn't open it. They asked if I wanted to open it and said I'll set it up at home.. She scanned the barcode and IMEI from the box and set it up that way in the system with the new line.

You can refuse them to open the box and just do it at home. The only reason they should open the box is to make sure it works and no damage on it.

nasa25

@Meowmix nice.  That's exactly what I'll be doing.  I'll be leaving the store with a sealed box.  If they refuse, I'll be leaving the store without the watch.  

I guess since you upgraded from the AW3 they just deleted the 3 series from your smartwatch line and added the new AW4 hardware correct?

I'm so happy that my AW3 is up and running with LTE I hate to go through the process to unlink it and then link my AW4 lol.  I've had enough error codes/issues for the next year at least!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Policy is that they should open it and make sure it works and no damage. However you can request them that you do not want to open it and rather set it up at home. They should be able to let you do that.

Yeah what they did is cancelled the line since they offered to waive the device balance on the AW3 and opened a new line with the AW4 with a new number. So all in all it worked out.

After I picked it up at the store, I called Apple and added AppleCare for $99+ tax. Charged it on my CC.

I would highly suggesting doing that.

I got the 44MM Stainless Steel Milanese Loop cellular so I rather have it then don't have it. Lol