Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaddyKool
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Ya once it gets shipped. All my friends who ordered though bell, TELUS and apple have received their watches. But I wake up this morning and I’m still sitting at number 8. This is starting to get ridiculous for Rogers to take forever on the shipping
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DaddyKool like i said, no point in them shipping something that they won't be able to activate on your account

I'd be shocked if they started shipping these reservations en masse before the activation system/watch cellular connection issues are sorted out 

Nick36
I Plan to Stick Around

That makes sence for the taxes. I didn’t think there would be taxes on a deposit. And yeah I told the rep about the fact the email clearly said the deposit was refundable and he just continued saying it wasn’t. He even asked his colleague who said the same thing. Anyway I’m not planning on cancelling unless I’m still 30 in position after this week.
sbradley33
I Plan to Stick Around

My pre-order has been cancelled for a grey 44mm. I picked up one up at the Apple store. So a few people just got bumped by one. The glitch is at the Rogers store. They had to call out to activate my watch. Turns out they can only activate the watch in store. Will update later.
sbradley33
I Plan to Stick Around

I was not able to get my watch activated in store.  The CSRs kept indicating that there was something wrong with my account preventing me from adding a line.  When I tried through the phone and watch, I get a WS300 error.

nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sbradley33 the ONLY way to activate the watch is through your iPhone watch app.  They cannot manually activate it.

And WS300 is the system error that's been plaguing everyone.  It has nothing to do with your personal account.  There's nothing wrong with your account.  There IS something wrong with the activation system and the smartwatch cellular connectivity system (as a whole) in general at this point.  

sbradley33
I Plan to Stick Around

I kind of figured that. My watch was the first watch activation for the Halifax Rogers store, so I'm sure they aren't aware of the "issues" plaguing Rogers.
nasa25
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sbradley33 yeah the people at the store probably don't have a clue about any of this Apple Watch stuff.  

Honestly the best source for information on this rollout is probably right here on these boards (along with perhaps rogers Tech support if you have an open case waiting to be resolved)

mangobug
I Plan to Stick Around

What's the estimated time for the shipping to start. I am # 460, so based on this I might not even get the watch till mid Oct.
sbradley33
I Plan to Stick Around

So do I need to contact tech support to have my phone connected or should I just keep trying until it works?