Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Thank you, you must be the reason I went from 102 in line to 101.

I'm Here A Lot

Got my Series 4 today, but not luck with activation.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@marlonguerios they let you leave the Rogers store without cellular activated on the watch?

I Plan to Stick Around

Why not, the activation is done through the phone and the MyRogers app on your iPhone.  I certainly don't want some Rogers rep to ruin the unboxing of the watch for me just because they need to activate it.  That's the whole Apple experience.  Who cares if they're having activation issues. If that's the case, let me take the watch home, let me connect it to my iPhone, and I can deal with activation later.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes they did. I asked twice if it wasn't necessary to activate the watch and they told me that I should do it by myself. Anyway, after hours trying I finally managed to talk to a representative via chat that had some insight: I had an old cable account that was inactive. He told me this could be causing problems. He removed that from my profile and in my next try the activation went smoothly. So, there you go one more tip for you guys to try.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah good to hear it went smoothly after they removed the inactive account. It’s hilarious to me that an old cable account could be interfering with the activation. That’s extremely random but good it solved the problem nonetheless

Also good to know that they let you leave with the watch even though the activation process was causing trouble.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sbradley33

Oh I totally think they should let the customers leave with the watch sealed and do the pairing/activation at home.

I just know that the financing of the watch is contingent on your activating cellular service. It’s good that they’ll just let you leave and deal with the activation on your own time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my email from Rogers that my watch shipped. I guess I have to Wait till Monday.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone from Montreal got one because I’ve call every store and not one of them have some
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my shipping notice, hopefully it doesn’t take too long.