cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

luvboatcapn
I plan to stick around

Going to give Rogers the benefit of the doubt this time around as shipping of devices (both phones and watches) seems delayed. I had an appointment in my local Apple Store scheduled for 3:00 to 3:30 window today and I received this this morning from Apple at 3:25 EST.

I ordered my 512 XS Max Grey as soon as orders went live on the 14th. It doesn't say I won't get it today...but it doesn't say I will get it today either. This launch has been messy top to bottom with shipping of devices and if Apple can't get them in time to their retail stores then I would think Rogers is having difficulty getting volume too. I am also stuck in the Rogers reservation system at #3 Open for the same phone model, #4 for aluminum Space Grey AW Series 4 44mm and my wife's aluminum gold 40mm AW 4 just moved from #6 Open to "In Progress" yesterday at 11 am after not moving since they went live on Rogers Reservation system also on the morning of the 14th.

Important update to your Apple pickup order

Thank you for your recent order with the Apple Store. We know you’re excited to pick up your new product.

Unfortunately, due to some last minute logistical issues, your order will not be ready for pickup during your check-in time.

As soon as your order is ready for pickup, we’ll let you know via email.

We apologize for the delay in getting your new product into your hands. We’re working quickly to resolve this issue.

Apple

Auntiero
I plan to stick around
Pick up in Toronto...well...North York/scarborough borderline

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
I am picking up in downtown Toronto but that store is closed on Saturdays so might be the reason them not shipping today

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
Not a single Rogers store has received any Apple watches, for pre orders or walkins in my city. Was told they could be in todays shipment which generally comes around noon. Big mistake trying to pre order from Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ahmedcostco

That is correct. My Telus store is getting them at 10. Bell here in Scarborough town center is getting them at noon too.

So it's not a " big mistake ordering from. Rogers".

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Ugh I just realized from Maude’s Apple Watch FAQ the fact that I can’t have TWO LTE Apple Watches (one series 3 and one series 4) activated with cellular connectivity to the same iPhone.

That was my plan. Oh well. I’ll have to either use my 3 as wifi only or cancel my reservation for the 4.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

My opinion? Use the 3 for sports and for leisure and have the 4 for everything else.

You really don't need to 3 activated as u have Bluetooth and WiFi on it which will connect to the phone.

nasa25
@Meowmix I like your thinking but the only issue is that the 3 is a Nike edition that I use for sports and the main benefit of having LTE is when you’re playing sports or exercising and can get notifications on the watch without having the phone nearby.

Using the 4 for the office, LTE connectivity is less needed as my phone will be near me at all times. So really what I need is a LTE watch for sports and wifi only for the office lol. Maybe I should just get a wifi only series 4 from Apple....tough call.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Then sell your Nike edition and get the 4? It's up to you what you want to do. If you really want the 4 then you either give up and sell the 3 or keep it and just have it there.

I don't know 🤣

nasa25
@Meowmix

Yeah I want to keep the 3 and get the 4 lol. I wonder if Rogers cares which one I have activated with cellular service (ie can I just easy pay the 4 but only have the 3 connected). They’re getting the same amount of revenue either way lol

I’ll figure it out once my reservation for the 4 ships

supervillain
I plan to stick around

Anything yet for anyone in the "in progress" stage?

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
Final update! I walked into the Apple store hoping they would have some watches available and luckily they did. I cancelled my Rogers reservation and bought the 44 gray from Apple. Setting up the watch to cellular took me less then 3 mins without any help from the Rogers or Apple rep. Literally 6 clicks on the screen later and cellular was active and set up.

Do you buy the watch out right or can you participate in the rogers financing at the Apple store? 

From which store did you get it ?

Do they happen to have more?

supervillain
I plan to stick around

@ahmedcostco wrote:
Final update! I walked into the Apple store hoping they would have some watches available and luckily they did. I cancelled my Rogers reservation and bought the 44 gray from Apple. Setting up the watch to cellular took me less then 3 mins without any help from the Rogers or Apple rep. Literally 6 clicks on the screen later and cellular was active and set up.

Lucky you!

Still waiting here for any word from rogers....We have already all waited a year for AW support so whats a little longer...

nasa25
@ahmedcostco

Glad to hear you’re up and running. Also glad to hear you were able to get through the activation process successfully the first time. I’m jealous lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So I went to my local Telus store to pick up my Apple watch Series 4 Stainless steel Space Black 44MM Milanese Loop.

They got 3 of each models. They weren't even supposed to have this one because that shipment was meant for Yorkdale 🤣🤣. 3 of us waiting for the Milanese Loop Stainless steel model.. So shows that this location sells haha.

Went into the Rogers store and they had 3 of the sport ones in stock. I don't know if they have them anymore as I left and some walked in asking about it. The store managers for all carrier stores said that they are getting limited amounts of them in only.

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
you can only buy it outright from Apple. I got it from the London Ontario Apple store, they do have more but not much.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

Just called the rogers store I reserved the watch at.  They do not have them in yet, only have the demo models at the moment.

He said they may come in later today or tomorrow...ugh

Any luck for anyone here at the stores? I went to quite a few and none of them had it sadly.

nasa25
Just confirmed with Rogers.

If you have multiple Apple watches (ie a series 3 purchased outside of Rogers and a series 4 purchased on easy pay from Rogers) the series 4 MUST be active as a condition of financing. So in that case you would not be able to have cellular service on your series 3 (assuming you’re using both watches on the same iPhone)