cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey @nasa25

So my Telus store called and they got the AW4 Stainless steel space gray 44M with the Milanese Loop.

So they are holding that one for me instead of the sport model!

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@Meowmix wow nice.  Good that they were able to get the SS model. 

How much is that setting you back?  It goes for $1,119 on the apple site.  Is it just the $1,119 but on easy pay over 24 months (i.e. $47 per month)?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Its $46 per month. I was paying $25 per month for the S3. So a $21 jump for the better one. For me $20 difference isn't bad as I get a coffee each day thats $3. So yeah

She also said she will waive the activation fee and I get the 3 months free plan like everyone else (which all carriers are doing anyways).

Problem is that I have to pay the taxes upfront like Bell does as well. So that's another $140

nasa25

@Meowmix wow nice.  that's a good deal.

I have a retentions chat saved where the rep told me I don't have to pay the activation fee either so I'll break that out when I get the $30 charge for my series 3 and series 4 lol

Also I'm sure we will have to pay the taxes up front in store too.   I'm budgeting $95 for that 

Note to everyone, you'll need to pay the taxes up front in store most likely.  So plan to pay either $88.27 (40mm) or $94.77 (44mm) when you pick it up (assuming Ontario)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yeah makes sense lol. Also seems like all carriers are charging the taxes upfront before selling the watch on the payment plan. Called a few Rogers stores and Telus stores and they all said that you pay the taxez upfront and the act price of the phone gets cut into 24 months.

So just letting u guys know that too if u don't know.

nasa25

@Meowmix yup hopefully everyone that pre-ordered set aside some cash for the up front taxes.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

I hope so. I don't think many know that you have to pay the taxes upfront for it.

For my 44M Stainless Steel Apple Watch 4 Milanese Loop it's $147. So I'll be paying that upfront. Now it's another $100 for Apple care too.

nasa25

@Meowmix  yeah I think all easy pay plans require taxes to be paid up front.  I have two iPad lines and both required it.  So hopefully people are used to that by now.  

And yeah I saw the price of that AC+.  Used to be $65 for the S3.  Now it's $99 for the S4.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Most don't know about the taxes upfront when doing easy pay for the watches or iPads as some don't get it from the carriers. So Hopefully they bring cash!

I sold my AW3 LTE to my buddy for $175 as he didn't have much cash on him ( he works but pays for all the bills and everything) so that will go towards the taxes 🤣.

Yeah Apple said that Apple care is more expensive now for AW4.

nasa25

@Meowmix whoa your pal got a great deal on that AW3 LTE.  How does Telus handle things if you upgrade before the 24 months?  I assume they'd still charge the easy pay until all 24 months are paid correct?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yeah they will cancel the line I had the AW3 on and activate a new one. So I'll be charged the rest on my next bill

nasa25

@Meowmix ah makes sense.

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
@nasa25 Still holding strong at 1 OPEN

nasa25

@zubair1177 lol nice

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/link-apple-watch-to-iphone

The article above suggests that maybe Rogers can add a smartwatch plan to your profile and then once the activation systems are up and running, we could just link our watch using the watch app.  If this is true, maybe people could get them tomorrow and just simply activate cellular on the watch once the system is up

I'm going to live chat and see if they can add a smartwatch plan to my account right now.  

Felipetoronto
I'm here a lot

Wondering if Rogers will carry the Nike+ and/or models with sport loop.

nasa25

@Felipetoronto

nope.  not now at least

nasa25

It's a big no go for having a rogers rep manually add the smartwatch plan and linking it to the watch once the activation servers are up

It has to be done via the watch app activation process 

yhuang
I've been here awhile
May I ask how you were able to get retention to waive the activation fee?

nasa25

@yhuang they told me anything activated online is not subject to an activation fee

I'll hold them to that.  

yhuang
I've been here awhile
But if we’re picking it up in store does that mean we have to activate it in store? Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @yhuang

They will need to activate it on a line yes.