cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

supervillain
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 wrote:

@supervillainwhich model and colour?

40mm gold

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
I think just the gold ones moving this morning.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

Ah gotcha.  Seems like 40 gold moved a bit more if you went from 29 to in progress

I moved 21 spots on 44 gold which means only 21 44mm golds moved to in progress

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
I am in position 4 for 44mm gold. I received a phone call from the store to pick up iPhone tomorrow and the person told me that they are not expecting any watches tomorrow for launch at the store

nasa25

@zubair1177 might be a blessing in disguise because until they sort out the activation issues, it's pointless for people to go to the store to collect their watches. 

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
I agree with you, at a later date phone will be fully functional and we do not have to spend an hour at the store 😀 hopefully
But my position moved from 4 to 1 with OPEN

nasa25

@zubair1177 lol nice.  I'm still at 61.  Was expecting to be at 58 as you moved 3 spots so I'm not sure what's going on.

In any event, tomorrow will be a zoo with people activating iPhones plus the massive watch activation issues. 

Best to wait until the dust settles to get the watch in store.  Just make sure your phone is on iOS12 when you go to pickup the watch.  Once the activation process is working it should take no more than half an hour to pair your watch to your phone and activate cellular on the watch.  

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
Ideally the position should move in chronological order but it is not ! 29 goes to in progress I move 4 to 1 OPEN and you are still at 61 😁 I think Rogers have favorite numbers lol

nasa25
Yeah the 29 to in progress was for 40mm gold

You and I got the 44mm gold so our movement should be in sync (ie you move up 3 spots and I move up 3 spots, until we go to in progress and lose the queue numbers)

Pelley25
I'm here a lot
I preordered the watch last Friday where can you check your number in line as I have no received any email confirming or a phone call. As well I cannot find anything in the app or online that shows me anything.

nasa25
Look at the email you got when you preordered. It should have a link right at the bottom to check your spot in the queue.

Auntiero
I plan to stick around
Yep the Golds have definitely moved. I’m showing in progress from 17

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

I've been holding solid at 102 since Tuesday.  I'm doubtful I'll get this at launch.  I'll go and check it out on my lunch break tomorrow and see if I can just pick one up.

nasa25

@sbradley33

being able to actually activate it should be a bigger issue than actually getting one in hand.  If I were you I'd save my sanity and wait until things die down/the activation process is fixed.  

jedig31
I plan to stick around
@nasa25. Are you just talking about activating it as a cellular? Or are you saying it also can’t even be sinced to our phones at this point? Like as a GPS midel?!

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
@nasa25 I think once the Rogers has the IMEI in the system and plan is activated , if Rogers servers are working fine, watch can be activated using Rogers app ! And even if cellular does not work regular smart watch functions should be okay

nasa25

@jedig31 It can be paired to your iPhone and used like a wifi only model but I'm almost certain that Rogers won't let you leave the store until you've activated cellular service on it and added the line onto your account.  

nasa25

@zubair1177 they would add the watch to your account and log the devices IMEI but I'm thinking that they need to physically activate cellular service on the watch in order to add the line.   

They'd scan the watch in and setup the easy pay without a problem....but it's the add a line and activate cellular that they will for sure have issues with if the activation process isn't working properly.  

The main thing is...can they activate the plan without actually activating cellular service on the watch.  If they can, maybe they let you leave the store and you can activate cellular via the watch app once the activation process is working.  

Edit - actually I take back what I said in my last sentence.  When you 'activate cellular' on your watch via the iPhone watch app, it adds a line to your account at that point.  I don't think there's a way that Rogers can add a smartwatch line without successfully going through the process of setting up cellular via the watch app.  I'm sure the tech team is hard at work trying to resolve the activation issues so hopefully it's all a moot point come tomorrow.  

jedig31
I plan to stick around
Okay. Here’s hoping!

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
My pre order link is glitching and not showing any information at the moment. Anyone else having this issue?

nasa25

@ahmedcostco mine's working fine

Holding STRONG at #61 lmao