cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

Vince181
I plan to stick around
What was your position before the change of status?

marlonguerios
I plan to stick around
I was 63 when it changed to 'in progress' yesterday

Auntiero
I plan to stick around
My 44mm gold is still sitting at 17 with open status.

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
Looks like your one ahead of me! I got the same watch, was 189 down to 59 then back to 60! Hopefully we get them by Friday!

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
I’m telling you guys, even if the watches are in store by Friday, very few people are having success activating them. That’s the bottleneck here. Not the watches shipping.

Just temper your expectations to avoid disappointment come Friday.

joeyfraser
I plan to stick around
I am #1 for a 44mm silver and the status is still open! 😞
After all these years, I still don’t understand the Rogers reservation system!

supervillain
I plan to stick around

I don't get it either!  I am not sure I even received a confirmation email, even though when I go to see the status all the correct contact info is there and I am listed as number 29... arg

jedig31
I plan to stick around
I pre ordered mine the day we were able to at 11:30 am. I was slotted in at position 37. The day after I saw I went to 36, but the day after, and still since, it’s back up to 37 and hasn’t moved. Nothing is happening. Wondering why everyone is getting so much movement, and not a thing for me.

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
@nasa25 if that’s the case and activation isn’t ready then I hope Rogers will at least throw in some kind of compensation. I’ve been patient and loyal for too long. I’m expecting the worst but I hope Rogers has it figured out by Friday.

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
I was also told on the phone that pre orders will be ready for Friday and there will also be some available for walk in traffic. So I may get up early and pick it up during walk in if the pre order isn’t ready.

nasa25
@ahmed

Lol compensation? I’ve spent about 8 hours trying to activate my AW3 over the past couple of days.

If anything us people suffering through the AW3 activation process deserve some compensation. I’m assuming at least part of the kinks will be worked out by Friday.

Just look at the Apple Watch activation thread to see what kind of issues people are having. I’ve literally poured a solid 8 hours into trying to activate my watch.

zubair1177
I plan to stick around
I mean at no 4 and still shows OPEN

nasa25

The fact that rogers did ISPU for the watch is baffling to me.  

Here's what you'll have:

1. People not on iOS 12 that will not have the up to date carrier settings, hence won't be able to activate the watch.  Then they'll have to go home, update to iOS 12 and come back to the store

2. Rogers reps trying to setup the watches on peoples phones which is like a 30 minute MINIMUM process.  That's before we even talk about the cellular activation process

3. The nightmare cellular activation process that should take 3 minutes but since it doesn't work takes infinite minutes

I hope Rogers can hold my watch for a few days because there's no way I'm stepping foot inside a rogers store on Friday.  Chaos will have a new meaning after that day.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Weird isn't it. Rogers had a year to fix all this and now they are having way to many issues. When Telus launched it and Bell on the first day they never had issues like this.

Seems to me like Rogers never fully propered the system to accept the watches or anything. SMH.

nasa25

Yup.  From what I'm hearing, no one at Rogers (outside of a select few) even knew that they were going to be supporting series 3 apple watches.  I've lost count of how many times I've heard 'sorry we only support series 4 watches which aren't out yet'.  

I think when Rogers gets a new line of products like this, it's best to wait about a couple weeks or so to upgrade/activate because you can guarantee that there will be tons of kinks to work out.   

Trust me when I tell you....that in store activation process is going to be unlike anything we've ever seen before.  Take a normal iPhone launch and multiply the shenanigans by about 45000.  That'll be the level of insanity when reps try to do a watch activation.  

It's not like a phone where reps can take it out of the box, toss a sim in it and it works.  Customers have to basically allow reps to use their iPhone to setup the watch (maybe using the stores wifi?) and then activate it to a cellular plan.  It'll take one hour minimum to setup each person (assuming the activation system is working perfectly)

The watch is a one off because it's the only device that relies on another device (iPhone) to work.  

I'd be curious to find out how Bell and Telus handle in store watch pickups/activations

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

When I got mine at the Telus store the first day they brought it out, it only took 5 minutes to activate the line and started working. Took 10 minutes for everything else and I was out in 20 minutes of asking for it.

Telus and Bell were running up and ready without you needing to do anything else on your side.

So this is a problem with Rogers. Remember that Rogers had the same issue with some launches of the iPhone and the Note 5/7 too during the launch date. The IMEI system was not activated to provision and had delays during launch.

Seems to me that they still haven't learned to give out training for the staff.

nasa25

Wow 10 minutes to setup the watch and pair it to the iPhone is pretty quick.  Guess if it's setup as a new watch and not using a backup of an existing watch the process will be quicker.  

If Rogers can get through the entire process in 20 minutes per person that would be excellent.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

I never restore my watches. I always sync them as new. It took 20 minutes to do the syncing with the iPhone but the process to activate it on their network and line didn't take long.

So this seems to be a issue with Rogers back end not actually having their servers up to communicate with the watches.

This is really botched if come Friday they have issues like this. I'm disappointed in Rogers for this.

nasa25

Yup if the activation process is working, I can get from the start of the process to the end in less than a minute.  

But it's not working.  Too many error codes! lol

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around
@nasa25 you still haven’t activated yours?

nasa25

@ahmedcostco no I haven’t tried today.

I’m not going to waste any more time on trying until technical support tells me they’ve solved the error issue. No word from them so far. They said it could take up to 7 days. If that’s the case, there’d be no activations on Friday.

I'm hoping for everyone's sake though that they can have this sorted out by tomorrow.  They need to really (in advance of launch day on Friday)

In other news, I'm holding down the fort at #82 for the 44mm gold.  That's a solid #82 as well.  Been like that for days.