Apple Watch LTE Support for Rogers Business

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Watch LTE Support for Rogers Business

This is extremely frustrating. I understood that Rogers could not support the Apple Watch LTE last year because they did not yet have esim support. I considered moving our account over to Bell (as their business team is constantly reaching out with offers). I decided to stay, thinking Rogers would eventually catch up. Now Apple announces Rogers support for the LTE watch so we put in our order. Now we are told business customers will not be supported (without explanation) and that we may have to wait until 2019. Possibly a year or more, before we get the same service as everyone else. As a long standing business customer, I can tell you this was very badly handled. At least tell us why we are being delayed and for how long. We already pay more to have a business account, we should at least get equal service.
I've Been Here Awhile

What a joke...........you either have a service or you don't?!?!?!?!  This segregation is really sad,  especially since your competition has had this service for a year.  My guess is Rogers doesn't have the infrastructure to support that many eSim products because they spent all their money naming sports complexes.  

I've Been Here Awhile

If the reason that Rogers cannot activate the Apple Watch LTE is that it conflicts with the Unison service, then at least allow those Apple Watches to be activated for business customers that are not using Unison.  I suspect that this would be a significant number of the angry business owners posting here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You guys should have a look at the apple watch cellular activation thread and you might not feel so bad about not getting support until next year.

I've Been Here Awhile

Same story here!! I activated my wifes Apple Watch 4, and than tried to do mine to find that message waiting for me in the Watch app! Your account is not supported. 

Honestly, Bell & Telus both are offering me the same plan i have with Rogers. Seriously thinking about switching to them!! I called today as well, and when i asked the agent about Apple Watch support for my business line ..... He replies: What is a Apple Watch!!!! I just hung up the phone!

What a shame!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed to the Ultra Tab for Business, I hope all is OK for pricing terms but strangely it let me activate the watch and then just stopped when it came to the 9-1-1 emergency address stuff.
I've Been Around

Yeah, no support for business only is absurd. I’ve been a Rogers customer for 12 years. I’ve had enough... I'll be calling to switch to TELUS or Bell.
I've Been Here Awhile

Honestly, I just feel as if Rogers took all of us business owners. And wiped their butt's with the blood, sweat and tears of ours!!

Or why else would they not offer this for business customers!! Its not like us business customers will use any more or less data than their regular consumer lines!!!!

I've Been Around

This lack of service is unacceptable.  I have been with Rogers for over 10 years.  I'm going to wait until October for Rogers to smarten up.   After that I am going to look for an alternative service provider.  I hear Bell has a more stable wireless connection anyway.     

I've Been Around

I'm echoing my frustration to all the frustrated business holding accounts who are not "eligible" for the "paid" service.

I haven't seen any logical response from the Rogers' moderators, and I've read all of them, to explain either why business accounts should not get that service, or when exactly that service will be available for them. I did however see one response teaching one of the customers NOT to criticize upper management or how customer service get their training...

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats