cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch LTE: 3rd-party apps can't get data?

benad84
I've been here awhile

I have an Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE, I activated an LTE plan with it, and it looks like none of the 3rd-party apps I installed on the Watch has any access to LTE data. The Apple build-in apps have no issue accessing LTE at all.

Is there something that I'm missing? Are 3rd-party apps blocked by Rogers from accessing LTE data?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Apple Watch LTE: 3rd-party apps can't get data?

benad84
I've been here awhile

I found a way to fix it. I unpaired the Watch, then on the iPhone I went to Settings, General, Information, and was prompted about a cellular operator update. After that I paired the watch, installed a few 3rd-party apps, and they worked over LTE.

The odd thing is that the operator version on the iPhone remained the same (33.1). I suspect "behind the scenes" there was an update to the Watch operator profile (5.1), though I didn't note down that version before unpairing/repairing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

benad84
I've been here awhile

I found a way to fix it. I unpaired the Watch, then on the iPhone I went to Settings, General, Information, and was prompted about a cellular operator update. After that I paired the watch, installed a few 3rd-party apps, and they worked over LTE.

The odd thing is that the operator version on the iPhone remained the same (33.1). I suspect "behind the scenes" there was an update to the Watch operator profile (5.1), though I didn't note down that version before unpairing/repairing.

Hey @benad84,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum and can't tell you how much we appreciate, not only your query, but providing your solution! I'm sure it'll help some of our users as well!

I look forward to your future contributions Robot Happy.

Kind Regards,

RogersCilio

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

Rogers 5.1 is the current carrier version for the Watch

Rogers 33.1 is current for the iPhone

Weird issue you had there with only native apps being able to access LTE data, but glad it's sorted.  

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 in conversation