Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Hello @RockDoc,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for posting your inquiry and the details of what you've tried so far. There are a few different reasons that can cause the WS300 error. Since it came up right after you chose a plan, we should be able to confirm what may be causing this error.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, click here.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

PM'd the @CommunityHelps . Thanks!

I've Been Around

Same issue 

WS504 issue right after asking to acknowledge the 911 differences 

never get past that page 

HELP???

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Morry!

I would like to troubleshoot this error with you further. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I may further assist.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been dealing with the WS300 issue for more than three months. I get WS300 right after hitting the sign in button.
I'm on the latest IOS/OS, and I've been through the credit check, reset network settings, unpair/pair watch, and change rogers password routines.

I've had 2 tickets escalated and still no resolution.
I requested ticket updates (via chat since calling is pointless) and the response is that it's being worked on. Hard to tell if anything is being done, I have not been contacted by Rogers on either of the tickets.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Setanta

It’s been awhile since I’ve dealt with these errors but a ws300 at the login could mean that you’ve tried and failed the activation too many times. Each time you’re unsuccessful the system creates a phantom line on your account. After you reach the limit of 10 lines it will error out. At least that’s what used to happen. Try seeing if there’s any phantom lines on your account and get them to delete them. Then after that there’s probably another issue why you can’t connect.

I know a lot of people had issues at the 911 address field. The postal code has to be entered a specific way and the system is finnicky on what it accepts.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've certainly failed activation many many many times, all in the faint hope that one time it will work.

Phantom line? i don't see any other lines on my account other than the ones for which i pay.

Given that i've had two  tickets escalated wouldn't the existence of phantom lines have been checked as part of the analysis of the error?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Phantom lines wouldn’t appear on your online account but would show as pending in the Rogers system. It wouldn’t be chargeable as it’s just a pending line. Not sure if that’s an issue on your account but figured I’d bring it up.

I've Been Around

For 3 entire days I have been trying to activate cellular on a series 6 watch.  In the watch app, the add cellular tab is greyed out and it displays a message "the rogers account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a cellular plan to <insert name> apple watch".  

Repeated calls to Rogers has not resolved this issue.  Originally they said it was a credit glitch, after numerous calls and speaking to the credit department who assured me the issue is not with my credit and maintain the error is in their system, more phone calls and after a 2 plus hour call they were finally  able to add an apple watch plan to the account but the original message , "the rogers account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a cellular plan to <insert name> apple watch" remains.

Just spent literally another hour plus on the phone with their technical support to have it "escalated again" with no success.  Is Rogers simply not able to support cellular on Apple Watches?

iPhone 12 on rogers network, watch series 6 with gps and cellular. both updated using newest software update.