Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Mine is working after 12 hours. I had to chat in twice but my insistence seems to have paid off. Good luck! It’s 100% a back end fix so don’t bother with the restarting the phone and watch, or restoring the devices to factory settings etc...it’s a waste of time.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, last update.  So I got a text message early this morning from Rogers stating that my ticket had been resolved, it doesn't state what they did just that it is fixed.  Sure enough I got to log in, the recaptcha thing actually came up, and it let me in.  Both of my watches are now active.  My uneducated guess is that it is something to do with the recaptcha thing glitching, and its a complete back end issue (I think all of us would like to know what it is).  Best advise is:  if this happens to you, get the tech support ticket open as fast as possible.  As a another poster mentioned, don't bother resetting/rebooting the hardware, its a back end issue and requires some kind of escalation as it is not user (us) solvable. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So an hour ago I got a message from Rogers stating “This is a message from Rogers. We can be reached at 1-888-ROGERS1 or 333 Bloor St East, Toronto, ON, M4W 1G9. Rogers is contacting you today to confirm that your request made to our customer service department on 02/06/2020, has now been processed” I think this means they are now going to fix the cellular activation issue!

Im assuming processed does not mean resolved!

Has anyone else got a processed msg? Will a resolved msg follow as right now activation still isn’t working! 

Highlighted

Hello @jlittlebones,

Thanks for using the Rogers Community Forums to post your concerns!

I'm sure you're quite disappointed to have moved providers only to experience issues activating your new Apple Watch. We'd like to get things back on track! 

Based on your latest post and update, it sounds like you've already received some support for this issue and a ticket was lodged?

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can review the ticket info to determine what's going on. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thanks so much,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If Rogers needs to resend the wireless signal to your phone and watch to fix the activation issue you do have to reboot your phone and watch. Yes it’s a backend issue but you need to reboot your devices in order for it to register on your device. If the issue is something else then you probably don’t need to reboot your phone/watch.

These activation issues are all back end related. Nothing the end user can do to fix the issue without Rogers assistance.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The WS300 issue seems to be an ongoing issue and no end it sight!

Highlighted

Hello @jlittlebones,

Thank you for your post!

Can you please specify at which point during the Apple Watch activation you receive the 'WS300' error? If it happens while filling out the web form information, please advise how far you are able to get before getting the error and which step you are on.

There are some other checks that we can do on the back end, but we'll need you to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to proceed. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks i had tried the u-pair and re-pair method a few times with tech support.

Highlighted

Hey @vufikobi,

Thanks for giving that a try! Was it successful by any chance? Any further details you can share about your experience would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ive been having issues getting my apple watch onto my Rogers infinite Plan for 3 months. 

I had a share everything plan with an iPad and Cell and bought an Apple watch from Apple.  When I tried to activate it I was getting the ws errors and called support.  They told me I had to get an Infinite plan to add my watch. The next day the watch was able to connect to the network but the only option was to have a standalone 1GB watch plan. They told me to go ahead with that and they would move it to my Infinite plan to share data. 

After a few calls back with support the steps taken were:

-They tried to move the standalone watch plan to Infinite sharing unsuccesfully

-I got a new sim card, unlink the watch from rogers plan, unpair from phone reset network settings and repair the watch

-cancelled the watch standalone plan

-went to the Rogers store where they added a new watch line to my infinite plan. (When activating only creating a new standalone plan was available to select)

-cancelled the watch plan added to infinite plan

When prompted to reactivate again I'm still at the same place - after the rogers credentials verification I get a screen only saying smartwatch plans 1GB. No option to add to my Infinite plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.