Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanessaxiao
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Don’t know if it will help you but I had the same issue with “set up cellular” greyed out. I called the technical line and luckily the guy knows exactly what I am talking about. He said he will turn off something in his end, and then when my call is cut off, I will need to turn off my watch and phone, wait a few minutes and then turn on again. And it worked! The “set up cellular” is available now but I am now having a WS201 issue plus can’t add it to my infinite plan. Don’t have the courage to call again today. Just wanted to share with you what I know.
Viflanzoff
I've Been Here Awhile

Please what while the page is loading...

I am stuck on this part of "set up cellular"

RogersZia

Good evening @Viflanzoff,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place! We'll be happy to work with you to ensure your Apple Watch is up and running. Is this a new device? Is your Apple Watch paired to your iPhone via Bluetooth? 

Have you had a chance to review our How to add an Apple Watch to your mobile plan page?

Please keep us posted.

You can also check out Apple Watch general help and support and Updating emergency 911 information on your Apple Watch for further assistance.

RogersZia

Setanta
I'm Here A Lot

If you get a WS300 error when trying to activate the cellular function return the watch as soon as possible.  Just walk away and return it, or go to another provider.   Actually don’t walk, run.  Rogers does not know how to support these devices.  It will probably never work on the Rogers network and you have wasted the money spent for the cellular function.

I wish I had returned mine months ago and gone back to the GPS version.  My descent into Rogers tech support swamp began in October 2020.  It’s now March 2021 and no end in sight.

Tech support is non-existent.  You will spend hours dealing with Rogers tier 1 support going over the same things again and again and again, and escalation after escalation but with no solution at the end of it.  
Rogers has worn me down.  I’ve given up and cancelled the watch service.  It never worked and after 5 months it’s clear that Rogers is unable to identify the problem let alone find a solution.  

So if you have an apple watch that works on Rogers, enjoy.

And if you didn’t get the message yet, Rogers tech support is a fiction.  

MichaelYYZ
I Plan to Stick Around

@Setanta

I generally am not very active here but I feel compelled to respond to your rather strong message. 

Whilst Rogers has flaws, and perhaps many of them, from my experience I feel they’re trying the best to help. I’ve ran into WSxxx errors before. When I activated my first Apple Watch 4 in 2018, I ran into such issues and Technical Support was struggling to debug. But RogersMaude, here in this very forum, did some magic and the problem was solved quickly. At other times, when I replaced my watch (warranty issues, upgrade to AW6), I received WSxxx errors and a call to Rogers to reset my account and remove the previous watch was sufficient. 

Now, of course, I am not aware of your specific issue related to the WS300 error but being patient and speaking nicely to people may take you father away than simply venting your frustration (which, I do understand, needs to be done sometimes, as well).

I wish you the best of luck getting your Apple Watch up and running on the cellular network. 

Setanta
I'm Here A Lot

My  post  states that after 5 months of fruitless back and forth, many chats and escalations, nothing  indicates Rogers can resolve the issue - whatever it is.  As you noted the WS300 error has been around from apple watch day 1.  WS300 is a generic error that means 'something happened' and I've been getting this message for months.  I'm happy to hear that someone was able to solve your issues.  This has not been my experience.

In my interaction with Rogers support at no time have I been anything other than patient, respectful, and understanding of the difficulty support staff face when trying to deal with this issue. 

To infer from my last post that i have behaved otherwise is incorrect.