Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

I ran into exactly the same problem after I had transferred the cellular plan from one AW4 to another. Rogers Technical Support told me that the watch was not able to register to the cellular tower (connection rejected by the tower) and they had to open a ticket. After a couple of days I noticed that the issue was fixed and the following day I also received an automated voicemail from Rogers informing me that the problems was addressed. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 wrote:

@rvsoo7  the status is 'no connection' or 'not in use'?

Is the cellular icon on your watch black or white?  When away from your iPhone and wifi does it turn green still and just have zero bars?

The status under "Settings > Cellular" says "No Connection".

The cellular icon is white background, black icon.  When I turn off bluetooth and wifi on my phone, and turn off wifi on my watch, I get a red "X Disconnected" at the top of my watch.  At the top of my watch face, I see a red 'X'.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I live chatted with Rogers tech support who says they are experiencing issues with iPhones and Apple Watch LTE connections.  They said the problem is being investigated and hopefully resolved within the day.  I guess I'll check again tomorrow to see if the problem is still there.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rvsoo7 yeah that means the watch sees the connection but it just can't connect to the cell towers

hopefully rogers can fix this soon.  I'll need to test out the connection on my series 3 when I get home tonight.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now i see that an Apple Watch line that I cancelled over two months ago (during the activation shenanigans) is randomly showing up on my Rogers profile as a line on my account.

Wonder what’s going on over there.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Wireless has been down for me today for the entire afternoon. All the calls that I tried to place, either on the cellular network, of through Wi-Fi Calling, failed. Data works fine on my iPhone. 

My Apple Watch 4 cannot connect to the Rogers Wireless network at all. 

When I check the status under ‘My Network’ on My Rogers app I get this message: “We’re working quickly to resolve a Wireless network issue in your area".

I am in Toronto. 

42DA1134-59B1-4050-8BF9-515FEBDC079A.jpeg

@nasa25 wrote:
Now i see that an Apple Watch line that I cancelled over two months ago (during the activation shenanigans) is randomly showing up on my Rogers profile as a line on my account.

Wonder what’s going on over there.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just received a text message this afternoon (1:31pm EST) from Rogers saying the Apple Watch LTE issue has been resolved.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I connected yesterday and all is good. Hope everyone else gets the same result
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Having similar issues now as well.  Can get to the 911 address page and once address is selected errors out on a 502 code.  Live in a rural area so upon recommendation from tech support tried an old address I had in the city but getting same errors.  Tried both having a space in the postal code and without.  

Anyone else having recent problems... Tech support seemed to still be confused, like this was uncommon.  Surprised they have not created a work around for this issue... 

Have been working with support for a few days now, with absolutely no resolve...  Any suggestions?  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Maybe this has been tried already. The address needs to be the address Canada Post has on file. The house number must be on a separate line from the street name. Good luck

@Stimoy403 wrote:

Having similar issues now as well.  Can get to the 911 address page and once address is selected errors out on a 502 code.  Live in a rural area so upon recommendation from tech support tried an old address I had in the city but getting same errors.  Tried both having a space in the postal code and without.  

Anyone else having recent problems... Tech support seemed to still be confused, like this was uncommon.  Surprised they have not created a work around for this issue... 

Have been working with support for a few days now, with absolutely no resolve...  Any suggestions?