Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

@Rabbit1787

Good to hear you’re sorted out!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Anyone with activation error codes able to get their situation sorted out yet?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

nop

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wimp1946

Sorry to hear that.

The saga continues......

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Still no news after a week since I've gotten my watch and two calls to Rogers' tech support... Error WS300 again and again... What's up with you Mr. Rogers? You don't want my money?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am waiting for them to reach out as I have an active ticket with them The chat guys just say you have to wait until they get intouch with you. My Son in Seattle got his hooked up as soon as he activated his new watch it was that easy there He is with T-mobile
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is honestly ridiculous. They should have all of these cases as high priority and have people working around the clock to solve these error issues.

This nonchalant attitude might be ok for a day or two but it’s been ALMOST 2 WEEKS (12 days to be exact since the activation system went live).

If there’s no desire to spend money and time on the front end to properly beta test the activation system, Rogers should at least allocate whatever resources is necessary on the back end to solve every last one of these error codes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing Changed on my end. I’m escalated to Tier 2 support. My account looks clean according to them. Only issue is my SIM card is from 2013 and does not have voice over LTE and my line wasn’t provisioned for it. He said that’s caused some problems with e911 registrations so when I get out of camp next week they want me to swap sims. I’ve tried different watch, reset to defaults. It’s not my hardware if the sim is a no go.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Error WS516, still waiting for level 2 tech to sorted it out.

Maybe this could help?

https://michaelkummer.com/technology/apple-watch-series-3-lte-fix-authentication-error-t-mobile/

Highlighted
I've Been Around

WS300 is being identified by Tech Support as an Online Profile issue or an account issue. For WS300's that frontline agents are unable to resolve, they are sending these cases to a dedicated back office team that is resolving these issues. 

Because of the way Apple Watch is provisioned (ex: extending your wireless number to it), Rogers needs to add a 2nd line to your account, so if for whatever reason your account isn't eligible to have a line added, it can produce any of the W5xx errors, or the WS300 error. 

In my case, my WS300 was sent off to the back office team so they could investigate, and they determined they could not allow me to activate my Apple Watch because of a 13-year old Fido account that was in bad standing (debt was written off years ago). I spoke with management and I'm now waiting to find out if an override can be done. It's kind of ridiculous that I've had my current account active for so long, with no issues, in great standing.. and now I cannot have a 10$/month add-on line because of an inactive account someone found from 2006.