Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

WS503

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I’ve only seen that one a few times during my witching hour when trying to get past the e911 activation errors 503
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is where mine fails except for a 30 minute window at 11:30 at night lol then it lets me get to the end before denying me and stealing my open lines with reservations
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sbradley33 I think Rogers techs need to do a deep dive and look at every single thing on your account profile.

You’ve confirmed that there’s no reserved lines on your account right?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rabbit1787 that really sucks. If you’re plan is set up and the watch recognizes it then it’s something else keeping you off of the network.

Maybe have them re-register both the iPhone and watch lines again. Also does the imei on your device profile in your Rogers account match your watches imei?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25, I can go online and start the process of adding a 4th line, but of course it want's me to purchase a product for that line. I already have the Watch which I bought at the Apple Store in my area.
I had a tech call me today saying, "I was able to add the line, can you try again, I tried again and still got the error WS300. I can go online and see that no line was added.
I went to my Rogers store and the CSR tells me that I need to this in store, I tell him "No", that's what the app is for and argues with me about it. Then the manager drops by and remembers me from Monday and says, no, we can't add a line for him, we escalated it.
Then I ask if they can check if my phone has an eSim, they tell me that this is not how Rogers works, everyone has the same SIM cards. I was hoping to get a newer SIM card, but walked away in frustration.
I also want to note that I have been a Rogers wireless customer for about 25 years.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes i agree but i am reluctant to do anything to my account as my wife is away now i would not want her cell service interrupted while she was away so I am holding off for now I have a ticket generated by tech support for my problem it will take 7 business days for them to reply I do think my account information is screwd up as my emei numbers on my phone do not match whats on my website account also the account shows that I have an iphone 5 when i have the new iphone xs max so yes we will have to go over everthing to straighten it out

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sbradley33 sounds like a real debacle

Yup it wouldn’t hurt to change the SIM card out. Also the only way to activate the watch is through the watch app on your iPhone. They can’t manually add that line.

If that doesn’t work then open a ticket with tech support if you haven’t already and get them to escalate it.

It’s ridiculous that you’ve been dealing with this issue for over a week without resolution. Rogers needs to make good on this.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wimp1946 was the iPhone 5 what you upgraded from?

I agree wait until your wife is back to sort everything out. Any troubleshooting shouldn’t affect her line but you never know.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes i agree they kicked me out of the myrogers acct yesterday.  I don’t know if its because of all

the posting i have been doing.  I had to have my password reset to get back in.  it seems fine now