cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Hello @Bryan1976 & @Remoriss,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We are sorry to hear that you are both experiencing issues when trying to activate your Apple Watches. I'm sure it has been pretty frustrating for you to deal with. ☹️

@Bryan1976, if you have some time, please feel free to shoot us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can try to assist further! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

@Remoriss, we have replied to your recent PM. Please have a look when you get the chance!

Hopefully, you are both enjoying your Canada Day long weekend! 😊

RogersLaura

overlawled
I've been around

Hi @otint, where exactly did you do the network carrier reset?

Tyler1212
I've been here awhile

I know each error is individual, but it has been literally weeks since I first tried to reactivate my Apple Watch and Rogers has yet to fix the issue with my account.

I upgraded my phone and after upgrading my Apple Watch 5 Would no longer connect to cellular. It has paired fine with the watch. After trying to set up a new line for the watch I was told my credit (which is fine) check showed I was only eligible for 1 line Total (when we already have 6 as a family.) I was then told they would look into the credit error. I keep being told that my ticket is in progress but it’s been weeks. Anyone else had error WS201? Considering just switching to another carrier who actually solves their tech support tickets instead of transferring their customers repeatedly and making false claims of resolution within 7 business days.

Tyler1212
I've been here awhile
Cheers to the fellow from Rogers in Moncton who along with his manager got it fixed for me this morning! I’m connected! (I’ve forgotten his name)

If there was any way to individually express my gratitude other than waiting for a survey I’d love to do it!

HighTech
I've been here awhile

I have been dealing with this WS300 issue for almost three weeks now.  But every time I call, it seems I get a different reason/excuse for the problem.  First, it was a credit check problem.  Then it was a problem in my account settings, and the back office should have it fixed in 48 hours.   Now the latest one I got today was that it was a bad batch of Apple Watches, and the Rogers system was not recognizing the IMEI numbers as being from Apple devices.  And now, through this forum, I find that this has been an ongoing issue for almost a year and a half?  That simply doesn't fly.

I am seriously thinking of changing carriers when my contract runs out in June.  I have been very disappointed in the quality of Rogers services over the last year or so.   Last summer we switched to the new Ignite service for our cable and internet.  A few weeks after the change, our cable and internet went out, and it took 16 DAYS to fix the problem.  That is a long time to go without television, especially when you have two kids with mental disabilities.

Greetings @HighTech,

We appreciate you posting your concerns in the Rogers Community Forums. 🙂

It's truly disappointing to hear that you've been having these issues with your services as of late. We want your experience with us to be a positive one!

Have we had a chance to help you troubleshoot your Apple Watch issue here in the Community Forums? If not, we'd like to have another look to see what it could be that may be causing the issue. 

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Celticcurse
I'm here a lot

Ok, so my issue is I don't get any WS Errors.  My problem isn't something I can find in the Community forums or on Google.  I just got the iWatch Series 5 on this last Thursday, got another line for a total of 5 lines on my account (more on that in a moment).  I got a new iPhone 11 Pro Max to boot.  So I begin to setup the watch through the watch app.  My first time got to the setup cellular stage, then it redirects to the MyRogers splash screen to enter credentials and this is where it all goes wrong.  I enter my credentials and I get "Sorry there's a problem on our end.  Thanks for your patience while we fix it.  Please check back later".  So i tried again and again, no go.  so I hit skip and set up the watch without the LTE.  Went into the app the next day (Friday) tried  again and nothing, so Saturday I sat down with live chat and they tried and they couldn't fix it so they advised I go to the store.  I went to the Rogers store and they couldn't fix it either.  Bear in mind I can log into MyRogers from my iPad, PC, Phone browser, the App, Chrome, etc. no issues but just not the set up cellular splash screen in the iWatch app.  So This morning I connected with tech support via chat, they tried and they couldn't figure it out either so he, Bruno opened a ticket, might take a week to fix.  Then I remembered I bought my wife a series 4 watch in August 2019, so I went to check her settings/connection to see if there was something to copy or what I was doing wrong (assumed hers was working) she advised me that she couldn't activate her watch line either, gets the exact same error and just gave up after a couple of months of trying.  I wish she had told me sooner as I logged in to MyRogers again, found her iwatch line and low and behold her Watch line hadn't used any data since we got it but I have been paying the $10 for that line regardless since then. 

Needless to say, I reset my watch, the phone. deleted the app and reinstalled it and tried my email address in the user bar instead of the user name (Bruno's suggestion) and that didn't work either in fact nothing works.

Does anyone in the community know what could be wrong here? This makes no sense and I don't think I am the only person having this issue.

Hello @Celticcurse,

Thanks for your post! We truly appreciate your detailed account of event as well as the troubleshooting steps performed so far.

We'd like the opportunity to take a deeper look into this in order to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, click here.

Looking forward to your PM!

RogersMaude

So, a quick update. Had to change my user name. I got another tech and was informed I had a legacy User name (been a Rogers customer that long). This great person migrated my old legacy account to the new format which is using your email address. Then we tried that in the set up cellular and unfortunately that didn’t work either. Good try though. Now just waiting on the ticket to be resolved. Hopefully they tell me what is wrong and I can update the post for others to know.

I'm having the same issue... curious to see what it is

Thank you for the update @WasCelticcurse! We appreciate you took the time to reach out in private to discuss this issue.

Welcome @AK27!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Apple Watch activation.

Don't hesitate to shoot us a private message so we can look into your account. For instructions, please refer to my post above.

RogersMaude

10savy
I've been here awhile
Having this issue too. Seems to be a backend issue.

nasa25

The 'bad batch of apple watches' excuse is pretty funny.  

Most of these WS300 issues can be solved by rogers re-sending the cellular signal to your phone and watch.  Once Rogers re-sends the signal I believe the procedure is to:

1- turn off Apple Watch

2 - turn off iPhone

3 - turn back on iPhone

4 - turn back on Apple Watch

Outside of the signal issue I've also seen WS errors caused by inputting incorrect postal code and address formats on the 911 page.  House number goes on one line, street name goes on a separate line.  For postal code I believe you need to put a space between the first 3 and last 3 digits.

jlittlebones
I've been here awhile

I am having the same issue!

After logging into to myrogers through my iphone browser i get a WS300 error right away and can't continue! 

I really hope they fix this soon as I just switched to Rogers from my old provider so I could use this feature!

10savy
I've been here awhile
Mine is working after 12 hours. I had to chat in twice but my insistence seems to have paid off. Good luck! It’s 100% a back end fix so don’t bother with the restarting the phone and watch, or restoring the devices to factory settings etc...it’s a waste of time.

Ok, last update.  So I got a text message early this morning from Rogers stating that my ticket had been resolved, it doesn't state what they did just that it is fixed.  Sure enough I got to log in, the recaptcha thing actually came up, and it let me in.  Both of my watches are now active.  My uneducated guess is that it is something to do with the recaptcha thing glitching, and its a complete back end issue (I think all of us would like to know what it is).  Best advise is:  if this happens to you, get the tech support ticket open as fast as possible.  As a another poster mentioned, don't bother resetting/rebooting the hardware, its a back end issue and requires some kind of escalation as it is not user (us) solvable. 

So an hour ago I got a message from Rogers stating “This is a message from Rogers. We can be reached at 1-888-ROGERS1 or 333 Bloor St East, Toronto, ON, M4W 1G9. Rogers is contacting you today to confirm that your request made to our customer service department on 02/06/2020, has now been processed” I think this means they are now going to fix the cellular activation issue!

Im assuming processed does not mean resolved!

Has anyone else got a processed msg? Will a resolved msg follow as right now activation still isn’t working! 

Hello @jlittlebones,

Thanks for using the Rogers Community Forums to post your concerns!

I'm sure you're quite disappointed to have moved providers only to experience issues activating your new Apple Watch. We'd like to get things back on track! 

Based on your latest post and update, it sounds like you've already received some support for this issue and a ticket was lodged?

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can review the ticket info to determine what's going on. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thanks so much,

RogersLaura

nasa25
If Rogers needs to resend the wireless signal to your phone and watch to fix the activation issue you do have to reboot your phone and watch. Yes it’s a backend issue but you need to reboot your devices in order for it to register on your device. If the issue is something else then you probably don’t need to reboot your phone/watch.

These activation issues are all back end related. Nothing the end user can do to fix the issue without Rogers assistance.

jlittlebones
I've been here awhile

The WS300 issue seems to be an ongoing issue and no end it sight!

Hello @jlittlebones,

Thank you for your post!

Can you please specify at which point during the Apple Watch activation you receive the 'WS300' error? If it happens while filling out the web form information, please advise how far you are able to get before getting the error and which step you are on.

There are some other checks that we can do on the back end, but we'll need you to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to proceed. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you!

RogersLaura