cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

doctorfredz
I'm here a lot
Anyone here with Code WS509 or WS513???

I had several error codes since last week and spent hours and hours on the phone with different levels and was finally able to get past the « Add to my Share Everything » plan.

Now I’m able to get to entering my 911 info and can choose to use the Canada Post suggestion but get WS509 and WS513 right after.

The error details that my Smartwatch plan has been activated and added to my account but they are unable to link the plan to my smartwatch.

I called Roger about that and they told me to wait 7-10 days for resolution!

Anyone have this error?? Any help would be appreciated....

Hi, the code I am getting is WS503 just before the 911 address screen. Still no resolution from Rogers since September 12. On my own I unpaired the Apple series 4 and re paired but as a new watch instead of using the backup from my series 2 watch. Got the same message. My husband on the same account as me was able to activate his watch first try no problem. And still working perfectly today.

guest0000
I've been around

having same problem, different errors thrown before the 9-1-1 screen, when I do get to the 9-1-1 screen the continue is greyed out (even using many different methods to enter). 

Pretty annoyed like all the other posters here and in agreement that Rogers should wave $10 fee for a few months for Apple Watch purchasers for advertising something that doesn't work at all.

Tlex
I've been here awhile

Yep. free activation + few months credit... definitely feeling like doing beta testing for an unfinished product...

Moneoa
I plan to stick around
Ok so I’ve been activated for a day now. Got a call from Tom, I believe his name was and he let me know they had resolved the issues on the back end and sent me an updated carrier profile which appeared in the form of a pop up on my home screen. Then it was set up in under 2 minutes.

The resolution came on the heels of a young man named Matt in the client care center on Facebook messenger. He took charge over the course of 4 days total and kept combing through the account and kept pushing for updates from the technical team. It was when Matt jumped in I felt the whole process started gaining traction as he was the one who took it on himself to go the extra mile.

So my message to anyone still suffering is be patient, persistent and know it will take the likes of a Matt who will finally take charge and get it done. It’s as has been mentioned in this thread that they may have to comb through your account and find even the most minute detail. They found a blackberry service block on the account from 2010 when that line was cancelled.

It will get fixed, there is hope.

Happy LTE watch user

Ok so quick update here! Kept trying and was able to go a step further by changing my 911 info and to my pleasant surprise it took me a step further!

However, one step further, to the activation, it was just a spinning wheel for quite a while and I had 17 « not in use » plans. I removed all of them and tried and it didn’t work. Called in and the rep had me unpair my watch and re-pair it. Basically I was able to get back to the activating status with the spinning wheel and eventually (after I was told they would call me back in 24h and hung up) the activation seemed to have worked because now I have « Rogers » under « cellular plan ».

BUT, now on the watch when I go to settings and cellular, the plan shows « Rogers » with a green check mark but the plan says « no connection ». I tried to leave my phone at home (powered on) and drove down the street and NOTHING. Red X saying « disconnected ».

Can anyone help with this?

Moneoa
I plan to stick around
@nasa25 isn’t this the issue you had when you activated? I think you need to have them reregister the lines

AAAAAAnd back at square one this morning. I go in my Cellular settings in the Apple Watch and BAM! No plan! Meaning I have to re-start from scratch!

Obviously I tap « Set up plan » and as soon as I select Add to my Share Everything plan : WS201!

I’m so fed up of this it’s not even funny. I have a tech scheduled to call me this afternoon, if this issue cannot be resolved today, I’m cancelling all my lines and accounts tomorrow.

nasa25
If the Rogers plan shows as NOT IN USE under your Watch cellular settings, that means the line registration failed on Rogers backend server.

Have tech support re-register both your iPhone and Apple Watch line

nasa25
@doctorfredz

WS201 means you’ve maxed out your line limit due to too many failed activations. Have Rogers RELEASE all of the reserved lines on your account.

Does the Rogers plan show as NOT IN USE under your the cellular tab in your watch app? If that’s what it shows, your lines need to be re-registered and you don’t need to attempt the activation process again.

That was exactly the issue. I called, and issue was resolved within minutes. We did testing and everything was working perfectly .

So I hang up the phone with the representative I’m decide to go for a quick jog, guess what? As soon as the watch is out of range of the phone, DISCONNECTED! It’s not working anymore.

Obviously I call back to get support, the agent tells me there are things we need to do internally to resolve this and it will be 72 hours before it’s resolved.

Needless to say I am completely fed up with this situation and I am highly considering closing all my accounts with Rogers.

nasa25
@doctorfredz

Does your Rogers service show as in use on your watch app or not in use?

Not sure what your question is but when I’m out of the house without my phone it says Disconnected. If I go to setting —> cellular on my watch I do see Rogers under “plan” and Connected under “status”

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I believe he means in your Watch app on your iPhone, under My Watch -> Cellular. 

Oh, yeah, misread his post, sorry!

Ya, plan says in use in iPhone watch app.

nasa25
Yup that’s exactly what you should see.

So your plan is active on the watch. But I guess the issue is you can’t get connectivity. I haven’t personally experienced that issue but I know others in this thread have. Browse the last 20 pages or so and I think you can find someone that successfully solved that issue

Tlex
I've been here awhile

I went back on the chat yesterday to get an update.

I was told the case was now with the "Ecomm" group (?).

The tech asked me to reboot both my Iphone and watch 3 times trying between each reboot to do the activation process... Guess what, still have the WS503 error. 

Shortly after I received a survey request... If you do receive the same, take the time to do it, maybe that way things will change. Going on a 4th week without beeing able to use their services with my watch..

Hey Rogers, are you keeping us on hold until Christmas or something like that 😉

That make totally no sense to me...

louger
I'm here a lot

Received a call from Rogers yesterday. I was advised that the problem is an old wireless account (10 years ago) that keeps popping up in the system when the automated credit check is done. I have to wait until my next billing cycle which starts November 9 and they will call me back for the cell set up... 

KCheng
I plan to stick around
sigh... Rogers... how long do you want us to wait?

KCheng
I plan to stick around

Rogers sent me a SMS on OCT-27, which is asked me to call support line again, then I called and mentioned my ticket number, the support rep told me that I should able to activate my watch on Nov-01 without any problem as they already settled all issue on their side.

OK, I tried again on Nov-01 early morning, and the result as same as before... error WS502

I'm new to Rogers, just few months, so far is okay until I revived my apple watch on Oct-10, totally disappointed, even I willing to help Rogers for trouble shooting &  willing to pay $30 + $120 a year, but I got nothing.

I'm not going to try anymore, will jump to Bell shortly

IMG_0324.png

daijeff
I've been around
I hope not too many people are still affected by this, but if you are, you should definitely get in touch with the support here . I had the WS504 issue and couldn’t activate my watch. I found this forum and sent a message to CommunityHelps here. @RogersYasmine got back to me right away and after some back and forth (for account authentification etc), voila! My watch is on the cell network. It took less than an hour. The issue had something to do with outdated internal credit checks. I highly recommend reaching out to the support team on this forum instead of Rogers CS (who told me it would take 7-10 days for the engineers to look into it). I really appreciated how RogersLaura didn’t drop the ball and kept updating me on what they were doing and why throughout the process—and this was on a weekend. I’m a happy customer!