cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

The Wi-Fi calling has been solved after Rogers did a connection profile refresh on the network. Everything was showing okay on their network but they did the refresh and I had to restart the phone. All is good now.

Now, if they would only fix the WS504 error sooner rather than later...

Thanks for your help, nasa25. Much appreciated.

nasa25
@MichaelYYZ

Good to hear they sorted out your wifi calling issue. I know the WS504 code has been solved for at least one person in this thread. Take some time and read through to see what their solution was.

TheApprentice
I plan to stick around
Hi all, I recently activated my watch after resolving the WS300 issue.
Not a new issue seems to have appeared. I keep getting “call failed” when I dial a number either on my phone or watch. It’s more than 50 % of the time when initiating calls. After a couple tries it eventually goes through.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

It's been now 7 (seven) days since my ticket for WS504 was opened and Rogers stays completely mum. Oh, boy!

Fran666
I've been here awhile
Finally!!! No more WS300 error! Cellular working perfectly.

The problem was due to the fact that my account was blocked from adding other lines since there was a fraud that tried adding a phone line to my account in the past. This is a safety measure Rogers uses to prevent anyone from adding accounts fraudulently. So I called Rogers validation and they lifted the block for me to create my Apple Watch account.

BUT, the first time I called Rogers for the WS300 error, this is the first thing I mentioned since I had the same exact problem when adding my girlfriend's phone line 2 years ago... The agent wrongly told me that the error WS300 wasn't caused by this... but it was... So I waited 3 weeks to activate my watch because the first agent disregarded my warning. They gave me a 30$ credit as an apology.

Glad it is resolved.

Now if I can just install KITT in my car...

Good day @MichaelYYZ,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this up to our attention.

We most likely want to do everything we can to help you resolve the issue preventing you from activating your Apple Watch on your account. I know how frustrating this must be.

To do so we'll need access to your account. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can authenticate you and proceed with the next steps.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please click here.

Looking forward to your PM!

RogersMaude

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

No fix yet for the WS503 error I called and deactivated  my ipad data plan will be porting out to Telus tomorrow.

That's my solution.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around

A little more patience may help, since we’ve been through this since this long.

FYI, I’m in business as I went through a lot of problems the last 3 weeks with at least 10-15 different Techs and tickets.

I’ve had 503, 300, 201, 514 at different times of the day during this period.

Finally I went on to try my luck today and went through the entire process smoothly without any interruption whatsoever . It even recommended the correct format of the address and got my cellular network on my watch in no time. I’ve also received an email of the new number associated with my esim on my iwatch.

However, I’m very disappointed, that finally I had to try this out myself, and in spite of creating so many escalations I never once got a call from a Rogers team memeber to even inform to try the steps out the whole time until I finally got on to check to see if I’m able to get on after holiday long weekend.

I’m glad that It finally worked for me and wish that it works for all very very soon.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

@RogersMaude

Thank you for trying to help. I just sent the PM, as instructed. Please let me know what follows next. Thanks.

aawong
I plan to stick around

his has been over three weeks and rogers still can not add a cellular line for me. Very frustrating.

It all started with my apple watch 3 that i went into the store to activate, the store rep activated it on the computer and scanned a sim card which i know now is wrong. It should of been activated on the iphone app. Well that messed things up, many many calls and tickets and no resolve. Than my apple watch 4 came in and again they activated it on the computer and not the iphone app. 

Every time i click cellular on my app i get the message "Your Rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your apple watch"

What can i do? Please help? rogers is just giving me the run around.  I have called rogers so many times and had so many tickets i am almost giving up?

KCheng
I plan to stick around

"Your Rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your apple watch"

the above message can be fixed, I got this message too and a reogers' online tech support who helped me to "reset" my profile in the system yesterday, I no longer see this.

BUT, I still unable to add my AW4 to my existing plan, bcoz I get WS502 (new error code) after I filled the 911 information, the support guy opened a ticket for me at the end and ask me to wait...

Moneoa
I plan to stick around
Be prepared to wait. I’ve been stuck with this since launch with it being escalated 2 times (whatever that means). Each time I’ve have had to chase down Rogers for information and updates well past their own set deadlines.

aawong
I plan to stick around

This is crazy its been many weeks and they can't figure it out.

What it is going on with rogers.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

RogersMaude DID IT!!!

UPDATE: Regarding Error WS504

To All:

I’ve been getting error WS504 since the 2nd of October. On that day, I had a ticket opened with Rogers Technical Support. Technical Support not only was not able to resolve this apparently simple issue, but also did not provide me with any updates during this period. This has been a terrible experience.

Then, RogersMaude contacted me here. And she did some magic and was able to resolve the problem within minutes. Hence, an hour ago I was able to successfully activate my Apple Watch data plan. 

Thank you, RogersMaude, you deserve BIG praise! 👍

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I switched to Telus problem solved

nasa25
@wimp1946

Lol I was just about to post that Rogers Maude could maybe help you resolve your error code then I saw your post.

Too bad Rogers couldn’t have done more to keep you as a customer but I guess it’s a lesson learned for them. Oh well.

Enjoy Telus.

Hello @aawong!

I can understand why this would be very frustrating for you to deal with. I would be at my wits end also. 

We definitely want to make activating your Apple Watch as easy and as painless as possible! You are correct that the activation should have been done directly through the app, as we are unable to process the activation for a customer on our end. By any chance, has any progress been made on your end with regards to this? I know it's been a very long 3 weeks for you. 😞

If you need our assistance in getting this resolved, we will be more than happy to walk you through the steps to ensure everything is being done correctly, and we can also check a few things on your account to see if there is something preventing the activation from being a success. We really want to get things back on track!

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE.

We hope to hear from you soon!!

RogersLaura

nasa25
@aawong

You mean to tell me that the store rep scanned in a physical sim and added a line to your account? Unreal that they don’t know that the watch has an esim.

These guys at the store really need to get their act together. It’s been said since day 1 that the only way to activate the watch is through the iPhone watch app.

Rogers needs to step it’s game up with the internal memos and make sure that everyone from customer support to reps at the store levels reads and understands them.

From what I’ve seen over the past three weeks of this fiasco, pretty much every error code is being caused by something specific to each customers account configuration. How all of these cases aren’t at the highest priority levels and solved within 24 hours is beyond me.

aawong
I plan to stick around

Yes this happened twice at the same location different reps.

First time (3 weeks ago) i went in to activate my own apple watch 3 LTE, the rep did it on the computer and scanned a sim card. Everything got messed up. Never got solved.

Second time (1 week ago) My new apple watch 4 finally arrived so i when in to pick it up and the rep did the same thing scanned a sim card. I questioned her but she said that is the way it was done.  I left the store with a sealed apple watch 4. So when i got home i opened the box and guess what same thing i could not setup cellular.

nasa25

@aawong I'm embarrassed for that store that they had not one but two reps think that scanning a physical sim would work to activate cellular service on a watch that uses an esim.

Utterly ridiculous. 

So do you have a smartwatch line active on your account now by them scanning in a physical sim (even though the line is obviously not tied to your apple watch as the activation was messed up)?  You must have at least a line for that AW4 on the easy pay now that you were able to pick it up.    

aawong
I plan to stick around

The first time they scanned a sim card and activated a account which caused the problem they made me call retentions to get rid of that account which i did. But that did not solve the problem because after 10 call to tech support and many tickets they could not get it to work.

So when my Apple watch 4 was ready for pickup they did the same thing they scanned a sim card again. So now i have a smart watch account activated. I can see it there when i log in to my rogers.

Some one from rogers is calling me every two days and saying they did something than she asks me to turn off my phone and watch and that back on than i still can't setup cellular and she says she will call me back. Three calls this week already with no resolve.