cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

What????? You must be kidding. Have you followed up with them?

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

Yes numerous times latest was yesterday when i called their tech support by phone.  We tried numerous things and at the end he told me they had not resolved that issue and to bear with them until they could isolate the issue.  That's it they never gave me any timeline as to when it will get fixed. I am giving them until next week and then I am going to switch over to Bell or Telus

nasa25

@wimp1946 I think you've definitely been more than fair in the amount of time you've given Rogers to solve this issue.  

When issues like this carry on past a week, past two weeks, etc. I think from Rogers perspective it becomes a critical/top priority customer retention issue.  Can't expect customers to just wait forever while issues get solved.  

Hopefully Rogers can sort you out within the next week.  Rogers cellular service on the Watch is very good/stable, when it's activated and actually connected (i.e. line registered properly) lol

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
we will see I had to reach out to them they never called me once

nasa25

@wimp1946 that's unfortunate.  I know that after about a week of my ticket being open, I had a daily call from a Rogers rep dedicated to my ticket who would connect me with tier 2 tech support.  

Ultimately it was a self initiated live chat to tier 1 that solved my issue but I was thankful for the daily follow up.  It's pretty ridiculous that you haven't received one follow up call on your case and it's been like 2.5 weeks since this whole fiasco started.  

Maybe @RogersMaude can look into your case and help you get some traction.  

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

Well I have been waiting on Rogers since September 25th to resolve my WS300 issue.  I've made several calls and several online chat sessions with no resolution.  I'm now in the queue to speak to someone in tier 2.  At this point I just want this to end.  I think I have been a loyal customer.  I have been with Rogers since 1995.  If they no longer want me as a customer, then this is a good way to do it.  The tier 1 tech told me that I can ask that it be escalated but chances are they won't be able to do that.  I'm just tired of this.

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
The last guy I talked literally threw his hands and said there was nothing he could do for me. That about says it all. I think it is narrowing down my options

JKNorth
I've been around
I’ve been trying to add Apple Watches since Sept. 17. So far, only two of three watches are working and they have no idea why. A dozen tech support calls, various escalations, even to the office of the President. Now all I’m getting are occasional generic text messages that there’s a delay with my ticket. No love contact, no sense of when this will be resolved, and no one even seems to know the root cause of the issue. To top it off, my phone suddenly stopped being able to make outbound calls until yet another call to tech support.

Then I did a side by side speed test with my wife’s identical iPhone X on Bell. She got 3x the speed I got on Rogers.

I’ve been a Rogers customer since 1997. But I think I’ve had enough. Someone at the Bell Store at the mall is going to have an awesome day when I come in with 9 devices to switch over.

TheApprentice
I plan to stick around
So I’ve had the WS300 error since the service had launched. I called in a couple days ago and the tech team tried updating my current phone to the account since that information was out of date. That didn’t work.
I was then called back yesterday saying that I need to call 18005886718 - which is the Rogers Validation Team.

Upon calling they verified the account as apparently someone tried to activate an iPhone X fraudulently using our information back in May. This put a flag on my account so that no activations could be processed. Hence WS300.

After they verified the account, the activation went through smoothly!

Just an FYI for anyone, maybe your account needs to be validated for error WS300.

Bosko
I've been around
I can only get to the point of adding to my Share Plan. When I press continue I get a WS 201 error. Phone reps said they couldn’t help and in store folks were baffled. Only Roger Apple watches could register, or my plan wasn’t right or.... excuses excuses

nasa25
@Bosko

Ws201 is solved. I’m not sure why the reps are baffled lol (edit just saw you said in store reps - makes sense)

Get them to delete all the reserved lines on your account. If there are none, get them to update your credit profile.

Also it’s hilarous that they said only Rogers Apple watches could register. It’s infuriating that reps just make up whatever random ‘facts’ they can think of. I wish there was penalties for them spreading stupid falsehoods.

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I am kinda bummed out about the whole thing right now. I am looking at switching to Telus some time next week after my wife gets back from her travels. I am tired of fighting with these guys

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

Halle 'freakin' lujah!  After an hour long call last night with Rogers with a tier one tech, who said they were transferring me to a tier 2 tech, but transferred me to another tier 1 tech.  Anyway, the long and short of it, I told the second tech to add a note to my ticket that if they don't have this issue resolve by Wednesday next week, I would start pulling lines that I have and go elsewhere.  I have two of three lines that I can pull right now, the 3rd line has my iPhone X.  Then this morning, as I've tried every morning, I tried to connect my watch to the cellular network and BINGO! no WS300 error!... and no errors with the 911 setup.  My watch is now connected to the Rogers cellular network, for now.  This might be a false hope, but threatening to go elsewhere after being with the carrier for 23 years does have some pull.  I hope for everyone getting this error or any problems with your Apple Watch and Rogers gets resolved soon. 

Thanks for the support guys from everyone on this forum, I really appreciate it.

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
good for you maybe I will try the same thing

Crashley526
I've been here awhile
This issue seems to be fixed as far as I know my husband got his 44 mm watch yesterday and had no issue activing it and the cellular works great on it well in the store some my cellular still want working on my 40 mm watch they reseted my account and I unpaired my watch and set it up as a new watch and everything worked great well in the store another person got their watch all setup as well with no issue so I think it's safe to say everything with the watches is good now 😃😃😃😃

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

Good for you but...nope. I’m still getting error WS504 right after accepting the T&Cs for Emergency 911 services. 

Originally, I was told that my ticket would be solved in 24-72 hours. Then, when I called, I was told seven days. And when I called again yesterday, it was suggested to me not to call them before ten days had passed. 

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

So, my ticket for WS504 was opened almost six days ago and still no resolution. But over the last couple of days I noticed that the phone does not connect to Rogers Wi-Fi any longer, despite that Wi-Fi Calling is set to ‘On’ in the iPhone’s Settings. So it seems things are getting worse and worse...

nasa25
@MichaelYYZ

Tech support probably disconnected your wifi calling in an attempt to remedy the error code. That’s what they did in my case.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around
Did they reactivate Wi-Fi calling back on your account, once they’ve fixed the AW connection issue?
Should I call them and complain about Wi-Fi calling not working?

It’s interesting that, if I follow one of the Wi-Fi calling debug methods: turn Wi-Fi calling off / turn data off / turn data on / turn Wi-Fi calling on, the phone connects to Wi-Fi calling shortly afterwards but it drops the connection after 6-8 seconds and reverts to connecting to the cellular network.

nasa25
@MichaelYYZ

I’m not sure if my wifi calling was reactivated. I don’t use it so doesn’t really matter to me.

You should call or do a live chat and have them look into it though. If it’s a feature you use then rogers support should get it working.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around
Yes, I use it a lot, especially when I travel overseas.
The funny thing is the option is still on in the iPhone settings; it only does not activate.
I shall contact Rogers...