cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

yes i got the same song and dance.  Give me a break

Arsin
I've been here awhile
Does anyone receive error code ws516?

I have been on the phone with support 5 different times , have paired and impaired the watch 4 times , Same errror .

Erased the phone and restored , got rid of old legacy account , moved up to a hire plan ... Same error , Rogers says they have escalated it since September 21, No help to this day
Andy help would be much appreciated ..

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

i have seen this code before mine was WS503.  I do not think there is anything you can do

until Rogers get their act together.  Maybe the only thing you may do is go with another carrier

I have tried just about everything I think the problem is with your account credentials.  it may take months to sort out

Bodisia
I plan to stick around
I’m dealing with same code and zero help from Rogers....

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

What more can I say wait for them to get their act together or walk

nasa25

So many error codes my head is spinning.  So from what I can gather the codes still causing issues are:

WS503

WS504

WS516

Maybe WS300?

Only advice I can offer is:

1. If you have an old sim card (2012 and older) swap in a new sim card in your iPhone

2. Check to make sure your iPhone is listed properly (IMEI correct) under devices on your rogers account

3. Ask customer support to re-register your iPhone line (wouldn't hurt)

4. Make sure you don't have ANY reserved lines on your account. If you do, get customer support to release them

5. Make there's no issues with your myrogers login credentials (check with customer support)

6. This is a big one - DEMAND that customer support or tech support go through your account FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.  Looking at every possible configuration option.  They need to provide you with assurance that there's NOTHING on your account that's causing these error codes

My personal feeling - all these codes are related to the configuration of your personal accounts.  There's something on your account that's causing these errors to still occur.  Customer support needs to put in the time, however long it takes, to go through every single configuration on each of your profiles.  That's the only way this will be rectified.    

hal_dol
I plan to stick around

@Arsin Same here since September 25 with error WS516.

Have spoke on phone and chat 4 times with tech. Ticket create each time. Have the IMEI number change to get the same in Rogers system and the iPhone.

Will try with a new SIM card today...

hal_dol
I plan to stick around

@Arsin I have a consumer account with 30% rebate (gouv employee) on my principal line. Do you have a same account type?

(Error WS516)

Arsin
I've been here awhile
I was told I am priority now!!... yah.. lol

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I agree 100%

Arsin
I've been here awhile
I don’t ...sorry ...I need that tho!. Hehe

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

@nasa25, I suspect I do have a newer SIM card because I've had an iPhone 6, iPhone 7+,  and now iPhone X. Although I could try a new one.

hal_dol
I plan to stick around

Error WS516:

- Tech call this morning to run credit investigation to make sure I’m eligible for the 5th in my account : No luck. 

- Get a new SIM card for my iPhone X this afternoon: No luck.

Rabbit1787
I plan to stick around

@nasa25

My Apple Watch is connected now. I just randomly looked in my watch app today and saw some data used. And checked and its connected. I guess rogers is figuring stuff out?

nasa25
@Rabbit1787

Good to hear you’re sorted out!

nasa25
Anyone with activation error codes able to get their situation sorted out yet?

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

nop

nasa25
@wimp1946

Sorry to hear that.

The saga continues......

Fran666
I've been here awhile
Still no news after a week since I've gotten my watch and two calls to Rogers' tech support... Error WS300 again and again... What's up with you Mr. Rogers? You don't want my money?

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I am waiting for them to reach out as I have an active ticket with them The chat guys just say you have to wait until they get intouch with you. My Son in Seattle got his hooked up as soon as he activated his new watch it was that easy there He is with T-mobile

nasa25
This is honestly ridiculous. They should have all of these cases as high priority and have people working around the clock to solve these error issues.

This nonchalant attitude might be ok for a day or two but it’s been ALMOST 2 WEEKS (12 days to be exact since the activation system went live).

If there’s no desire to spend money and time on the front end to properly beta test the activation system, Rogers should at least allocate whatever resources is necessary on the back end to solve every last one of these error codes.