cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Winterishere1
I've been here awhile
Well don’t feel that bad now 😕
But yea it’s 2018

nasa25
I knew it was something simple that was causing my issue! Just spoke with tier 1 tech support. The guy saved my life. He just had to re-register my iPhone and Watch line because it failed on Saturday when I added the first line and last night when I added a second. Now I’m up and running.

I told him straight up...there’s something on your end causing me to not be able to access the network. Well, he found it. Thanks Andrew!

So the takeaway is: if your watch is activated and you still can’t get cellular service, have them re-register both your iPhone and Apple Watch line!

nasa25
Anyone notice like a 30-60 second delay between when the watch goes out of range of wifi and the iPhone and when cellular connects? Seems normal for my watch but I’m wondering if they’ll improve this lag time with the series 4.

Super happy to finally be up and running 🙂

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

Glad to hear you sre up and running.  It does not take much to screw up the application.

I am still waiting to hear from them I have a ticket number maybe I will give them a call tomorrow.

I think I was taking to  Tech Guy named Andrew also he is the one that gave me my ticket number

nasa25
@wimp1946 yup he seems like a solid guy. I told him he saved my life lol

What’s the error code that you’re still getting with the activation?

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

WS503 on step #6 just before you put your 911 address

hal_dol
I plan to stick around
Same here (Error WS516).
Did you solve the problem ?

nasa25
@wimp1946 spent a few minutes going through the entire thread and I can’t find anything else related to WS503.

A few things:

1. did you get them to release any reserved lines on your account?
2. when’s the last time you tried the activation process?
3. Did you have Rogers go through your account from top to bottom and ensure no anomalies exist that could be causing the error to occur?

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

I was wondering about the iphone I had an iphone 6+, I used the old sim from that phone to transfer my service to my new Iphone XS Max, then I tried to set up my watch.  Maybe I should have used a new sim card instead of the old one

Just thinking out loud.  What do you think  

nasa25
Personally I don’t think the SIM card has anything to do with it (as long as it’s working well in your Xs Max).

Since that w503 is a relatively rare code it just feels like it’s related to something on your personal account. I just think they need to go through each line on your account from top to bottom and make sure no anomalies exist (like reserved lines for instance)

rflats771
I plan to stick around
@nasa25, Great to hear you have things resolved! Hopefully that is a general trend, but who knows lol. Also notice there's been no "Rogersname" people in this thread for quite a while.

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I agree it could be a simple as that

nasa25
@rflats771 yeah that’s true lol

Also it’s interesting that both of our connectivity issues were solved by the same thing: re-registering the lines.

I think this will come in handy if anyone else has post activation connectivity issues down the road.

nasa25
@wimp1946

if I were you I’d call them back or hop on a live chat and press them to take an in depth look at your account. My feelings are that they’ll find something that’s causing that ws503 error.

dkazzed
I've been here awhile

I'm trying to connect my new Apple Watch to cellular, but when I enter my E911 address, the Continue button is greyed out so I can't tap it. Rogers customer service was of no help, they just recommended I reset my phone and watch and try again.

nasa25

@dkazzed

Enter the NUMBER of your house/apt on one line and the STREET NAME on the 2nd line

Also make sure to have a space between first and last 3 digits of the postal code

dkazzed
I've been here awhile

@nasa25 Perhaps I totally missed this in the thread but I'd give your post a thousand likes if I could. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

nasa25

@dkazzed lol no worries.

Are you up and running now?

dkazzed
I've been here awhile

@nasa25 Yup it works great. Went for a walk without my phone and made a phone call to my wife to test it out. Not something I'd use too often but it'll be good in situations when I can't or don't want to bring my phone. 

nasa25

@dkazzed good to hear.

Enjoy 🙂

pbrox77
I plan to stick around

Tech called today and said I’m calling to test out the connection and bla... bla... bla... bla...

Basically no conclusive resolution, tested it and failed. WS300 was my error right after the screen when you choose the 10/month plan and press “continue”. I feel like not even pressing continue anymore 😞