cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

failtoconnect
I've been around
Does anyone have any idea when the Error WS516 will be resolved by Rogers? So frustrating.

Moneoa
I plan to stick around
Well my ws300 errors turned into ws501 errors last night and I finally made it past plan selection to the e911 registration but it kept failing and now I’m back to ws300 after plan selection. What a bunch of BS and it’s been over a week since I called in to set it up.

Bodisia
I plan to stick around

nice to see I'm not the only one with WS516 error....... so aggravating.....

Hi there

I’m getting WS503 error do you have fix for this error. Already called support 3days back with no reply from them.

rkeren1
I've been here awhile

Someone helped work through a solution. Rebooted that Apple watch and then went through the process again, filling out the 911 form with the address exactly how it appears on my bill... voila!

Good luck

nasa25
Lol I populated my 911 address with my first name and middle initial exactly how it appears on my bill. Then I got customer support to change it to just my first name because it was annoying to see my middle initial on my data manager.

I wonder if that’s the reason why I don’t have service anymore.

guest2323424
I'm here a lot

Rogers needs to repair their system.  It sounds like watch activation problems are widespread.  I have called several times now, spoken with tech support, and nothing works.  Their systems is simply broken and they need to repair it. 

nasa25
Exactly. This has been a week long nightmare.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Bodisia
I plan to stick around

Apple Watch Cellular Activation Problem (Error WS516)

I know everyone is having major issues with activating their cellular plans on the Rogers network and there's lot's of different error codes out there so I thought I would make my own thread for my error code but everyone can feel free to share their issues as well.

Succes.  Entering the 911 address properly was the trick.   

So here's an example address from my bill

John Smith

1003-80 Bay St

Ottawa On,  k1p1k9

On the 911 Page  enter info as follows. 

Line 1.  80

Line 2.  Bay St.

Line 3. 1003

Hope this helps. 

nasa25
@TurtleDrone

Yeah that’s the correct format. Hope your activation sticks. I had service for a whopping 2-3 hours last night. Was good while it lasted.

LastStraw
I'm here a lot

I really don’t think Rogers care about anybody’s problems.

I have been dealing with trying to get my wife’s Apple Watch 3 connected for 5 days now.

I have spoken with about 20 different operators, spent hours and hours now the phone, on the online chat, have been lied to, magically disconnected several times, spoken with retention’s who have promised the problem was fixed, drove over an hour to a Rogers store 

, was told I needed to do another credit check, was told I can’t set this up over the phone and that I had to go back to the Rogers store. 

This is every single time I add a new product or service to my plan...EVERYTIME.

There is no such thing as ‘quick’ with Rogers. The amount of times you get put on hold, transferred, then having to explain the whole situation again to another ‘manager’ which I am sure is whoever is sitting next to the operator you were talking to, is mind numbing.

We have had errors WS201, and WS300. Seems like a pretty common problem on this thread, yet Rogers acts like this is an anomaly and expects to have an answer in 7days...are you kidding me.

With the 5 days spent on the phone, and the predicted 7 day wait, I’m looking 12 days for something that was supposed to be done on the spot.

Seems like the longer you’ve been with Rogers, the worse you are treated.

What a sham.

cafge1
I've been here awhile

I also had early last week a WS201 error. This was replaced with a WS504 error yesterday. After seeing some had success, tried again today and voila it is working! Good luck.

nasa25
Was just on a chat with tech support about my activated but not working smartwatch line.

He told me to just wait until they contact me about the open ticket that had to do with the activation itself.

Ok bud thanks for the help. Totally useless.

Soooo useless.

nasa25
Reading up on the cellular plan ‘not in use’ issue and it seems like my watch basically just dropped the cellular connection and can’t get it back. It’s just not communicating with the Rogers network servers.

All you guys that have successfully activated your watch, have you been able to maintain a constant connection?

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25, I've been busy so just catching up now , I'm having the same problem as you , my watch was working on LTE on Thursday , last night however, I tried my watch on LTE again and it didn't work, and add to that I can't call make calls(rx or tx) on my phone even though data works!!

This is getting to be a fiasco worthy of it's own opera.

nasa25
@rflats771 Lol it’s definitely worthy of fiasco status.

When you go to cellular under the Watch app do you see ‘Add a New Plan’ and then below in the ‘not in use’ section your Rogers cellular connection? Then when you click on the cellular icon on your watch do you see ‘no cellular plan’?

That’s exactly the problem I’m experiencing. It’s like the watch thinks the cellular line is now inactive (hence it being under the not in use section)

It’s wild that you can’t make calls from your phone. I just tested my phone and it works. I can’t imagine how annoyed you’d be to not have cellular service on your watch and no call ability from your phone.

This is just nuts!

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 not quite the same when I tap the celluar plan on the watch app it comes up with a dialogue box saying unable to connect try turning on Bluetooth... blah blah etc.

nasa25
@rflats771

Ah that’s interesting. So it shows your Rogers plan as in use then, just as unable to connect...

Do you see all your apps in the cellular section along with the data used to date (like you’d see with an working cellular connection)?

Bodisia
I plan to stick around

Is it weird that I'm excited to see my error message change from WS516 to WS300?!?! I feel like I've made a step in the right direction and now have a more common error message lol