cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
Thanks for taking one for the team Sir 🙂

I owe you a coffee for saving me at least 30 min to an hour. I think otint’s issue didn’t display any error codes so it seemed to be different than ours (theirs was a greyed out continue button at the 911 step)

I’ve been told that the resolution for WS300 is still TBD. Tech support is working on it as we speak.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
And as I expected, it didn’t work.

Error: WS300

It didn’t work..

nasa25

Quiet day on the WS error code resolution front so far.  

Tomorrow should be fun

nasa25

Aahhhh I get the meaning of this article for linking your apple watch with you EXISTING smartwatch plan now.

This is for if you already have a smartwatch plan (for say a series 3) but want to use the same plan on your series 4 (say you're upgrading watches).  You wouldn't need a new plan....just unpair your series 3, pair your series 4 and 'activate cellular' but instead of choosing a new plan, you'd chose your existing smartwatch line.  Makes sense.  

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/link-apple-watch-to-iphone

nasa25

Was just on a chat with tech support

He suggested that I use my middle initial on the first line of the 911 address page as that's how they have it in their system.  STILL DIDN"T WORK.  Oh well.

So the moral of the story is, if you have a middle initial on your rogers profile, include that on the first line of the 911 page.  Maybe that will solve your problem or maybe it wont.  

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
I was so excited today. Got a call from Rogers 2nd level support. Said WS error was fixed and I was good.
Tried to buy the data plan and failed again after T & C. Good grief. Back to a higher level of support apparently.

nasa25

@brianewebb1 which WS error?  ws504?

I was told that WS504 was fixed.  Are you getting WS300 now?  

To the best of my knowledge, WS300 is the only one that's still o/s

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
Yup WS504. They said it was fixed, but no.
Something to do with their internal billing.
Rogers has to verify your account and then somehow internally ensure that you are approved for the $10 per month. Their systems appear that they may not be communicating yet.

nasa25
Yup exactly.

Are you still getting the ws504 or is it ws300 now?

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around

nasa25
Ah that sucks. I guess a solution for 504 is still tbd the.

guest2323424
I'm here a lot
I worked through with tech support yesterday who was very helpful. We got what appeared to be a good activation on my watch but it wasn’t showing any signal. The rep suggested I go somewhere else to get a better signal (but my phone had full bars). My watch even showed “Rogers” under celullar for a while but zero data and it didn’t work. Then all of a sudden it stopped showing Rogers and showed “no sim” instead and “not connection”. So no dice despite looking promising at first. Now all I get is WS300 error. Sad 😞

nasa25
@guest2323424

Wow it’s crazy that you had it activated and now just get the error. I guess the smartwatch line is active on your account though isn’t it. So at least you have that part sorted out.

WS504 is still alive and well as of 8:45PM Thu - at least for me

rflats771
I plan to stick around

Bit of a update, finally activated my watch(see how long that lasts-lulz) but to the larger issue, people shouldn't be having any issues to begin with, Rogers has had e-sim support on the horizon for a year and the fact that it isn't working for most people shows that they didn't bother to test the implementation before Monday, one has to wonder why, and in very late reply to RogesMaude the "solution" you indicated on Tuesday was the same process that was failing me(at the time) and everyone else.

Also there's no way anyone should have to unpair, reinstall etc. and waste 40 minutes to a hour AFTER having the process fail the first time.

nasa25
Yeah this is getting ridiculous.

Telus is looking better every minute. Customers shouldn’t really have to deal with this when I take a step back and think about things logically. Things should just work. Day 1.

nasa25
@rflats771 good to hear you’re up and running. How’d your issues get resolved?

rflats771
I plan to stick around

I'm not 100% sure how it was fixed lol! I didn't try at all yesterday as I was quite busy, so time(shrug?)? 

But the bigger question is why are e-sims still not working when Rogers has had a year plus to implement and test? What the heck happened? 

Good thing there isn't blood presure monitoring on the AW yet I wouldn't want to see the blood presure readings of Rogers customers after this week!

nasa25
lol touché on the blood pressure monitoring.

I see you never had the ws300 error. Was hoping to try again if yours is working but since we had different errors I’ll just hold tight.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 I don't know what to say seen as how I'm not sure myself how my issues were fixed, and especially since one has to redo the whole activation process every-freaking time from the get go, I'm not sure if there is something as simple as deleting session cookies from Rogers on the device you were trying to activate on BUT being a broken record here again, Rogers should've A. Tested this before Monday(wayyy before!!) B. Had this fixed by now seen as how I seem to be in the minority with a working AW( For now-lol).

LOL! I just tried again and this time I got WS300 right after the captcha page rather than the usual WS504 after accepting E911 TOS. Should I consider this progress or merely a variety?