cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Hey @Narvek,

Welcome to the Community!

Experiencing issues while trying to activate a device can be annoying. We want to help you sort this out!

First, make sure your Apple Watch is on WatchOS5. 

In the Watch app: Go to "General" -> "Software Update".

Then, verify that your iPhone has the latest carrier settings

It should show Rogers 33.1 beside Carrier on the "About" screen.

As mentioned by @brianewebb1, don't hesitate to power off your device before trying again.

Hi @rflats771,

Thanks for joining the Community!

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us. It sounds rather upsetting. Smiley Embarassed

If your Apple Watch has been added to your account, you're almost there!

To learn how to link your Apple Watch to your iPhone, click on the following link : https://roge.rs/2NNoGNj.

Ensure your Apple Watch is paired to your iPhone via Bluetooth before you start!

If the issue still persists, please make note of the Error code (starting with "WS") to help us investigate further!

RogersMaude

nasa25
I’m still getting the same error code but I see that the annoying captcha picture was removed from the process. Thank god for that. Saves about 50% of the time from trying to activate the watch.

I’m sure this will all be sorted out soon.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around

Today is the first day that they launched the support for iwatch 3 & 4. I’m getting an error ws300 while setting up the cellular network on my iwatch series 3. Please advice. Thanks

sergv
I've been here awhile

I managed to make it working. Just installed IOS 12 and Watch OS 5. After that had to restart my iPhone X (otherwise it says that need to update Apple Watch). After that just followed instructions to activate from Watch App -> Cellular.

Worked like a charm from the 1st try. Now i can see my watch added to my share everything plan. It assigned it a new number, but only billing 10 CAD / month for device plan. I turned off my phone and tested that i can call my main number and answer using watch, also when calling from my watch it detects as my main number.

So, I guess everything works as expected.

kirvanp
I've been here awhile

Same thing as is happening to others. Various errors at various stages. Doesn't work. Overall what you'd expect from Rogers.

nasa25
Still getting the ws201 error. Pretty frustrating.

Oh well.

nasa25

So I was FINALLY able to rid myself of the WS201 code.

I had 4 reserved lines on my account for some reason and adding that to the 6 lines I already have was putting me at 10 lines which is what I'm approved for.  Rep just had to remove those 'reserved' lines.

But now when I press continue on the 911 address page, the next page is an error ws300 'something went wrong' LOL.  Regardless of how I enter the data I keep getting that.  

Wow this is one EPIC activation process!

More info - the reason it's reserving lines is that each time you get to the 911 address section and it errors out, the system reserves a new line.  So for me I have 6 lines and approved for 10.  After 4 unsuccessful tries, it basically locks me out and a rep has to delete those lines.

So each time you get an error past the T&C's page, a line is being reserved on your account!

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
I’m running into WS300 errors right after step 2 where you put in your login credentials. I get the picture captcha and answer it, then click sign in. About 60 seconds later I get a WS300 error.

I have an iPhone X and Apple Watch series 3 LTE, running iOS 12 and watchOS 5 respectively. Carrier version is Rogers 33.1
Also rebooted both devices.

Anyone else having this problem? Tried all yesterday and this morning.

I have a ticket open with Rogers, but it’s 48 to 72 hours before 2nd level investigates it.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 🙂

nasa25

It's better a WS300 than a WS201.  WS201 means that you've reached the max lines for your account and you'll need to contact a rogers rep for them to delete the 'reserved' lines.  Each time you error out at the 911 address page, a line is reserved to your account.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
Me too and it’s very frustrating. Hopefully gets rectified ASAP. Really anxious to activate my iwatch.

Please post if anything comes up and I shall do so too if I do.

nasa25

@pbrox77 which error code are you getting and at which step?

I'm almost an expert at this point LOL

I'm on the line with tech support trying to solve my WS300 error after the 911 address page.  I entered the data to a T as per Maude's guideline but it still errors out.  I'm so close yet so far!

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Yeah I read about the “phantom” lines when 911 registration fails.

I wonder what WS300 means in terms of the backend? Too many connections (to the registration servers)? Server down? DB problem? Etc.

nasa25

@A_E_C

I think it's just a general error code.  I've had it at step 2 before but it was generally due to me entering wrong captcha data.  If I were you I'd try again and make sure everything is correct.  

Tech support is helping me right now and as soon as I get more info I'll pass it along.  

Edit - tech support told me to wait on a resolution as I have a case open.  3-5 business days 😞

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
Same as yours: WS300

nasa25
@pbrox77 at which step?

Matt2004
I'm here a lot
I had exact same problem. Case opened with support. After a couple of tries the 911 page does not come up - just an error WS504

nasa25
As an aside, I wish the other @Rogers reps would be able to be a bit more active in this process (aside from Maude who’s been absolutely outstanding). Seems like aside from her guidance we’re just left to sort it out for ourselves.

nasa25

@Matt2004

It gives you the error right after the terms and conditions page?

nasa25

RECAP:

WS201 - Error caused by phantom lines being added to account.  Once lines are maxed out, code is thrown.  Solution is to contact Rogers support to have them delete the 'reserved' lines on the account. This error can also be caused by your credit profile not being up to date so make sure you're approved for an additional line.  

WS300 - Resolution TBD.  Thrown at the account login page, after the plan choice page and after the 911 address verification page.  

WS504 - Resolution TDB.  Thrown after terms and conditions page.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
The step after I choose the plan for the smart watch $10/month get selected and then I continue and then it’s says that something went wrong and if the problem persist I should contact Rogers. Error Code: WS300

nasa25

Just used 1 of my 4 tries before the system locks me out again.  Felt like playing my luck.  

Did everything perfectly.  Pressed continue on the 911 address page and....BOOM 

WS300 error.  

What an absolute joke.  The amount of time and effort I've poured into this activation is probably worth about one years cost of Apple watch cellular service.