cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following was in an e-mail that I received this morning from Rogers MC:

We’re working on some exciting changes behind the scenes to support making purchases with a mobile wallet, including: Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google PayTM. More information coming soon!

pstogios
I'm here a lot
Another month, and another delay in Apple Pay.
Rogers is so useless.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
Any official news of this delay? Did they have a release date set?

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

Pmarcovi
I've been here awhile
My main usage for the Rogers card was to save on the fx fees. That was weakened recently.

Check Brim Financial cards; no fx fees and some rewards. They are better then Rogers cards and they do support Apple Pay.

Greetings @MichaelYYZ!

Thanks for your post! We understand you are very anxious to have the Apple Pay functionality added to your Rogers Bank credit card. It's definitely a useful feature to have while on the go!! 

I am happy to share that this option is coming soon, with a launch date expected later this summer. It will support both iOS and Android for all Rogers Bank credit cards. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersLaura

There are 4 ads on the Rogers Bank MC main landing page and one of them is for Mobile Wallet for Apple, Google & Samsung. I'm guessing it won't be long now.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Got the following e-mail this morning:

Everything you love about your Rogers Bank Mastercard®, now on the devices you use every day.
You can use your mobile devices to pay with your Rogers Bank Mastercard at millions of places worldwide.
When you pay with your mobile wallet, you’ll earn all the same cash back rewards you get when you use your card today.
Now available for Apple Pay®, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay®.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/mobile_wallet

Also:

Coming Soon:
Access your Rogers Bank Mastercard account with the new Rogers Bank mobile app. Manage your cash back rewards and redemptions, view your account information, and much more. Keep an eye out for the official launch announcement later this summer!

Pretty much stopped using this card in favour of Apple Pay enabled cards instead.
This is too little, too late.
I’m guessing Rogers didn’t want to listen to customers figuring they had higher cash back. with reduced cash back and other downgrades to the card, Rogers is scrambling to catch up and offer the technology features