cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music Promo - How does it work?

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I have recently signed up for a Rogers Infinite plan. It currently comes with a six-month free Apple Music promotion, and is available for "new and existing Apple Music customers".

How does this work, since I already have an Apple Music subscription?

Should I first cancel my current Apple Music subscription and then sign up to the one by Rogers? Then, at the end of the six-month promo, is Rogers going to start billing me for the subscription, or would Apple bill me as usual?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

*** Edited Labels ***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Apple Music Promo - How does it work?

RogersMaude

Good evening @MichaelYYZ,

Thanks for your post! Apple Music is a very popular music streaming service and I'm sure the answers to your questions will help a lot of other users as well.

If you already have an active Apple Music subscription, you're still eligible for this promotion as long as you have an eligible Rogers Infinite plan. If you are already paying for an Apple Music subscription, you must activate your promotion by using the link we sent to you via text message. You can also go directly to the Apple Music app and select "Joined with Rogers" to link an Apple ID.

Once you activate our promotion and follow our instructions to link your Apple ID, you'll be prompted within the Apple Music app to cancel one of your subscriptions. Cancelling with Apple means that you’ll be subscribing through Rogers instead and will be able to take advantage of the Rogers Apple Music promotion.

When your 6 months promotion comes to an end, we'll text you a bit before to let you know that your paid subscription will start the following month. A monthly subscription fee (currently $9.99 per subscriber) will be charged to your Rogers bill after the promotion ends unless you cancel your subscription beforehand. Subscription fees for Apple Music will appear on your bill in the Wireless services section under "Monthly charges".

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RogersMaude

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

Hello Maude,

Thank you so much for your detailed and professional response. Now, this is what I call excellent support! 👏

You may not remember this but it was you who successfully, in one single shot, helped me set up my cellular Apple Watch two years ago when all my hopes were dwindling. So, thank you very much! I notice you also have a new, nice photo in your profile. 😀

You answered all my questions above, but I still need one clarification. You wrote that: "When your 6 months promotion comes to an end, we'll text you a bit before to let you know that your paid subscription will start the following month. A monthly subscription fee (currently $9.99 per subscriber) will be charged to your Rogers bill after the promotion ends unless you cancel your subscription beforehand."

I have a lot of Apple $ credit in my account and I would like to plan to cancel the free AM subscription after the six-month period is over and then re-enrol directly via Apple, so they bill me from the credit I have with them. Would this be okay with Rogers?

Thanks a lot!

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I was sure I had posted a follow-up question to your excellent and detailed response, Maude, but I cannot see it here. So, briefly, here it is again:

Regarding: "A monthly subscription fee (currently $9.99 per subscriber) will be charged to your Rogers bill after the promotion ends unless you cancel your subscription beforehand."

Since I have a lot of credit in my Apple account, I would like to cancel the generous Rogers subscription at the end of the six-month promotion period and resubscribe directly with Apple. Would there be any issue with this? I hope not.

Thanks, again.

Hello @MichaelYYZ,

That's actually a really good follow-up question! Although our Apple Music FAQs have answers to many great questions, they don't really specify what would happen to any existing credits you may have once you take advantage of the 6 month promotion with Rogers.🤔

I would definitely recommend that you reach out directly to Apple to confirm. You may click here to see their various avenues for support. 

Feel free to update the community if you find the answer you are looking for, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly,

RogersLaura

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I’ve found this informative and useful FAQ by Rogers, so I am posting it here for the benefit of everybody:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/apple-music

When I click the link from the text message, it says it “cannot connect” to my Apple Music. When I go to my Apple Music app, it does not have the option “joined with Rogers” under subscriptions. When I log onto my Rogers account, it says I’m subscribed. So am I okay to cancel my subscription thru Apple Music?

Good evening @Kelseyschaafsma,

I can understand wanting to confirm details about Apple Music :). You've reached the right place. Once you activate our promotion and follow our instructions to link your Apple ID, you'll be prompted within the Apple Music app to cancel one of your subscriptions. Canceling with Apple will mean that you’ll be subscribing through Rogers instead and will be able to take advantage of the Rogers Apple Music promotion. 

Big Thanks to @MichaelYYZ  for sharing the Apple Music Promo FAQs.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

marcintouch
I've been here awhile

Hello all… I’m trying to activate my 6-month trial of Apple Music. When I click the link in the text message 

I received from Rogers on my iPhone, it takes me to the Apple Music app, and to a screen that says “your plan includes 6 months of Apple Music” and shows my Apple ID. When I click on the button that says “continue” it brings up a black screen and after a few seconds, it displays “cannot connect,” and a button labeled “retry.” If I click retry the same thing happens again. Thus, I can’t link my mobile number and Apple ID. This has happened consistently for several days, cutting into my 6-month trial!

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance!

Good evening @marcintouch,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a great promotion and I want to make sure you're able to avail it too. For starters, only the Rogers account holder can sign up for Apple Music through Rogers.

Do you currently have a subscription for Apple Music? What device are you using? Sometimes a simple device reboot can help. Have you tried this so far?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

marcintouch
I've been here awhile
Thanks for your reply.

I am the account holder, and I am using an iPhone 11 Pro. I have rebooted the phone as well. The only thing I can think of is that I have two numbers associated with my account… maybe Apple is expecting the wrong number? That being said, the text message containing the link I am clicking went to the correct number so maybe not.

I’m at a loss… thanks for any insight.

Hello, @marcintouch.

We appreciate your providing us with more details. Do you have any security suite running on your device? The "cannot connect" message you were getting indicates something is getting blocked. 

We have discussed certain apps not working because of the security software, VPNs, etc. Please check the below threads:

Accessing Ignite TV on iPad

Ignite TV app no longer plays shows on iPhone

If you have such software discussed in the threads above, you can try disabling it and try linking your mobile number with Apple ID. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation