Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

SO WHAT would you do ? buy outright or buy on contact?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup I think its $1309 for that model from apple so you're actually getting an extra $9 subsidy by going that route lol.  Plus saving the tax on $509.

Buying that model unlocked from apple would be almost $1500 with tax

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mattsatt

Thats a decision you need to make on your own. We can't decide for you. If i had that kinda money I would just buy it outright but thankfully I decided to go to another device which is cheaper and has the same features.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

This is getting disgusting with the pricing. Phones should not be that much. Talk about 1000% margin on the phone pricing. Lol.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

yup apple added a nice little margin even taking into consideration the USD/CAD exchange rate.  I guess they build that in just in case the Canadian dollar drops back to 71 or 72 cents per USD.  If our dollar was back at par the sticker shock wouldn't be this bad. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah i know but not many have 600+ to dish out for a phone on a 2yr plan let alone $1,100+ for a phone outright. People complain about them not being able to pay their bills or eat yet pay thay much for a phone and the manufacturers just keep going. Paid $349 for my Note 7 and glad too. Maybe next year the next iPhone will be cheaper if the Canadian dollar goes up. Lol.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

our dollar is tied to natural resources like oil (that's in the tank).  I wouldn't expect a recovery on our dollar until at least 2018 at the earliest.  Couple that with the fact that the iPhone 8 will be a substantial upgrade and I foresee massive sticker shock.  Wouldn't be surprised if its this years pricing + $100

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Honestly i don't know. The pricing is pushing many away that I know which want it. Anyways we shall see what happens
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Reservation system has been taken offline as of an hour ago...

Reservation page is being redirected to Iphone 7 propaganda

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Th1ef

They did that last year for a couple of hours. Then when back to normal.