Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Just picked up my 32 gig silver+ at Yorkdale mall Apple Store, and just cancelled my Rogers reservation, I was #2. Everyone waiting for that phone should jump a spot up now.
Kara-Lea
I Plan to Stick Around

Markham and Yorkdale in the Toronto area both briefly had  Matte Black 128GB Plus models.  I wasn't fast enough though.  Getting desperate enough to travel to Markham from dt Toronto if one was to become available.

SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around

Had my grubby mitts on a 7+ Matte Black 128gb phone in Apple's reservation system a couple of minutes ago for pickup at Metrotown, and then poof it was gone once I clicked continue to confirm the time chosen to pickup. 

So close and yet so far.  Smiley LOL

Still #116 (started at 185) for Jet Black 7+ 128gb on Rogers reservation. 

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around

@Kara-Lea i got one of the black 7+ 128gb from Markham, reserved just before 11am by fluke, on my way there now to pick it up and driving from Mississauga so i hear you on traveling to get it
Duende92
I've Been Here Awhile

I managed to reserve a 7 Plus 256 GB Black (Matte) earlier today (12:30 EST) at the Ste-Catherine store in Montreal. I went to pick it up and one of the employees told me they still had one in stock, but the website showed "out of stock". I think it's available right now I just checked. Get it fast, it could be gone by now! I suggest you guys check during the day, they get new phones during the day, and you need to be lightning fast to reserve one in the morning.

To help you guys reserving faster on the Apple store, I'll share a tip. When the reservations are about to start in the morning, go on the Apple website to reserve with a carrier. Select a store (Usually, there's always one that's already open for reservations). Select it and choose whichever phone, size, color, etc (It doesn't matter which, because you won't be reserving this one, obviously). Click Next. You will be granted by a login screen (Apple ID, Password) followed by two-step authentication, if you have an iPhone. Login to continue with the "reservation". The final screen should be about confirming time of pickup. When you reach this screen, click away and go back to the phone reservation's initial page (Where you select the store, phone, color, size, etc). From there, just refresh the page until the reservations for your store open. For me, they opened at 8:01AM every morning.  DO NOT close your browser at this point, or you will lose your connection and you will have to login again with your Apple ID - Also, it's possible that the connection drops automatically if you leave your computer logged in to the Apple website for too long. I suggest doing this process 5-10 minutes before the reservations open (It didn't happen to me, but it could happen).

By doing this, you won't have to login with your Apple ID at confirmation AND won't have to go through the two-step authentication.

It was nice reading through all the replies, and I hope you guys get your iPhones really soon. See you all next year/in two years 🙂

glittermess
I've Been Around

@Duende92

Hello! I've been lurking on this thread since it was started and had reserved through Rogers without movement on either device. My reservation was cancelled and moved because of a discount, blah blah blah (y'all know the story). I just wanted to say that your little tip helped me reserve a phone at Apple this morning, after having tried every day this week. THANK YOU!

Hopefully, I won't have any problems at the Apple store because of said discount (Costco) that caused my reservation to be changed queues at Rogers...

TheApprentice
I Plan to Stick Around

Got a reservation in for a 256gb matte black at yorkdale today.
Gonna head to the store earlier and look at the table demos and compare to the jet black. And decide if to wait a few more weeks through Rogers to get my jet black or get that one!
chargersrt10
I'm Here A Lot

Well folks, I finally managed to reserve a iPhone 7 Plus. 256 Matte Black at Sherway Gardens. After watching many YouTube videos about how easily the Jet Black Scratches, I feel I made the wrong choice. Also I think the 256GB is a good choice since the phone does shoot 4K videos which take up a lot of storage space. Once i get the phone in hand, I will cancel my Rogers Pre Order. Ladies and Gents, Thanks for everything. Cheers. 

P.S. Here's an article explaining why iPhone 7's are in such short supply. A container ship is held up in port. 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/09/23/wide-iphone-7-availability-expected-at-apple-retail-by-oct...

bbiery
I Plan to Stick Around

How does HUP pricing work? Do I pay the upgrade price at the store? Seems like it would be easier to get through Apple as they have stock available now.
sascwatch
I Plan to Stick Around

As far as I know upgrading at an Apple Store is just like doing it at a Rogers store. New 2 year term and the rest is charged to your Rogers account and will show on your next bill.